The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 21:27 Quote
chacou wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
Hi. Did you read the opening post?
Yeah, I’m ready to take the heat.

Atta boiy ! Loves me some pedalhead

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 5:31 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
I look at this bike, and I have to wonder if this guy is spending his money on the right things.

Kashima, X01, Renthal...and then 1900 series wheels, which are potentially the worst wheels I have encountered in ages. Those rear straight pull 370 hubs are exploding left right and center. The internals and hubshell blow up all at one time. Absolute garbage product from DT Swiss.

Maybe he's saving up to get better wheels? But I agree that should be the next upgrade. Maybe something from I9?

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
zonoskar wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:
I look at this bike, and I have to wonder if this guy is spending his money on the right things.

Kashima, X01, Renthal...and then 1900 series wheels, which are potentially the worst wheels I have encountered in ages. Those rear straight pull 370 hubs are exploding left right and center. The internals and hubshell blow up all at one time. Absolute garbage product from DT Swiss.

Maybe he's saving up to get better wheels? But I agree that should be the next upgrade. Maybe something from I9?

Upgraded wheels would have been ages ago for me, knowing how bad the hubs in these wheels are. That, I I would have just spend less on things that give nominal performance improvement elsewhere - like expensive drive train and fancy fork and post finishes.

24 point of engagement just does not cut it. Especially when the like to spontaneously combust. I have seen a bunch of this this past season, with one in the past week even. M1900 series with 370 hubs are terrible. Totally unlike DT to release such a product. I always perceive DT very pretty clinical - clean, dependable, very little personality. they have released a few flop products in the past year that may put a mark on their dependability record, and this wheelset is one of them.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Not to mention, a GX cassette with a X01 mech? The opposite would shift better and last much longer, for the same cost.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
riish wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Not to mention, a GX cassette with a X01 mech? The opposite would shift better and last much longer, for the same cost.

Yeah. Money spent on flash, and not performance. That's what I see.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 21:31 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
photo

There is a shot of this on insta that shows the oil slick hubs which look awesome on this whip.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 22:27 Quote
i like the marino, raw and oil slick go well together. it just looks like it could do with a smaller rear wheel.

does anybody know how the ns rotary hubs perform? they've been around quite a while now, but there's next to no info about them in the english speaking community, just like with dartmoor hubs. and ns bikes' other components are pretty decent afaik.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 23:09 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
photo
photo

Finally

these are some beautiful frames!

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 1:57 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
photo
Who's this beauty?

And those Knollys look good.
Much better than their superfugly fs sisters.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 2:31 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
photo
Who's this beauty?

Reeb ReDikyelous

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 2:44 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
photo
Who's this beauty?

Reeb ReDikyelous
Cheers buddy.
It's a mouthful, but looks good.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 2:44 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
does anybody know how the ns rotary hubs perform? they've been around quite a while now, but there's next to no info about them in the english speaking community, just like with dartmoor hubs. and ns bikes' other components are pretty decent afaik.
My main riding buddy has got 5 years on his set and they haven't skipped a beat.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035662
Mobile Version of Website