The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
poncho467 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Please stop quoting the photo of the Canfield. Ruining the thread, it hurts

Haha yes. I thought they hit bottom with that carbon one a few years ago

A lot of people liked the EPO at the time, me included, desperate times when you look back retrospectively lol

Like a bitch waiting to get dogged

The EPO was the first 29’r I ever rode that just felt right as soon as I swung a leg over. Seriously comfortable bike. I would likely buy a used one if it popped up for the hell of it. Guaranteed I’d be happy with it for long adventurous rides.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
poncho467 wrote:

A lot of people liked the EPO at the time, me included, desperate times when you look back retrospectively lol

The EPO was the first 29’r I ever rode that just felt right as soon as I swung a leg over. Seriously comfortable bike. I would likely buy a used one if it popped up for the hell of it. Guaranteed I’d be happy with it for long adventurous rides.

Comfort is King

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 6:31 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Comfort is King

That’s was me on the first gen honzo. First mountain bike that straight up fit me and was just so damn good.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
Yeah man, that’s why I love my ‘old gate’ Chromag, most comfortable bike I’ve ever owned

Comfort to me means being able to enjoy the surroundings more, half the reason for jumping on the bike

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
poncho467 wrote:

I still like that bike...

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-canfield-brothers-epo-hardtail-2015.html

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
I didn't mind it either, for a plastic hardtail. The only plastic hardtail I like the look of for real, though, is the yeti, which I know lots of you hate. Still rather metal tubes any day.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
Honzo CR had some lovely lines…

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
I would never buy a carbon frame, but could make an exception on the EPO. Throw a 1degree angleset on there and you'd have a fun machine.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:
I would never buy a carbon frame, but could make an exception on the EPO. Throw a 1degree angleset on there and you'd have a fun machine.

Agreed 100% . I was in their shop 5 or so years ago and they told me to take a loaner for the weekend. I wanted one badly after that it was just out of my pocket books range.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
The EPO looks great. I was pretty close to buying once of those frames several years ago, when I bought a Riot. My girlfriend would have killed me though. I search the buy and sell from time to time to see if one ever comes up.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 14:38 Quote
The question is....how have they gone from that beauty to this abortion???

Are they under new management??

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
The question is....how have they gone from that beauty to this abortion???

Are they under new management??

I feel like a lot of it is photography and colour. Canfield alu is pretty cool and it really doesn't look way different than the old one. Glossy flashy colours shot poorly can just look disgusting. Look here, same bike, one looks way cooler to me:

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 13:22 Quote
The Canfield Yelli and Nimble9 haven't really changed much in terms of looks. I don't mind them, but they don't look as good as the EPO in my opinion. The EPO was a weird one for them, their one and only carbon bike. I like it.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 15:01 Quote
I usually do not care for the looks of carbon HT's but the EPO looks pretty cool......that seat post extension though..or is it an xc dropper ???

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022948
Mobile Version of Website