The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 10:43 Quote
kemo-725 wrote:
so tempted into those griffus tyres, anyone got any experience of how they ride

Good grip
Quite draggy

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 20:22 Quote
Red-October wrote:

^^^ Some of the best alloy frames I’ve seen.

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
On a Marino kick while waiting for a Cábala order to come through. This one from PB buy/sell a year or so ago. Who does this beast belong to?

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
kemo-725 wrote:
I have a set with about five rides on them and they inspire confidence in the rocks, which is what I was looking for. The downside is that they roll out really slow on the flat pedally bits. It has been a love hate relationship for those reasons, so they will be getting replaced soon and tossed in the corner. The color is nice but is becoming all too common now.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
wanderingbike wrote:
kemo-725 wrote:
I have a set with about five rides on them and they inspire confidence in the rocks, which is what I was looking for. The downside is that they roll out really slow on the flat pedally bits. It has been a love hate relationship for those reasons, so they will be getting replaced soon and tossed in the corner. The color is nice but is becoming all too common now.

Nobody puts the Griffus in the corner....

What kind of rock / dirt combo you dealing with... I have found speed and grip don’t typically go together with tires all that often....

Plus sized can help in that they are typically lower knobs and extra rows of blocks to fill the width. Lots of bite points. But then you’re running the tires lower pressure and there’s that trade off....

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 8:11 Quote
chacou wrote:
On a Marino kick while waiting for a Cábala order to come through. This one from PB buy/sell a year or so ago. Who does this beast belong to?

Is this polished raw steel ??? or painted silver looks great, almost looks aluminum.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
wanderingbike wrote:
kemo-725 wrote:

Nobody puts the Griffus in the corner....

What kind of rock / dirt combo you dealing with... I have found speed and grip don’t typically go together with tires all that often....

Plus sized can help in that they are typically lower knobs and extra rows of blocks to fill the width. Lots of bite points. But then you’re running the tires lower pressure and there’s that trade off....

LOL! I ride KS, MO and AR. Everything from hardpack blue groove summer dirt to Ozark razor rocks. Getting ready to go back to WTB Trail Boss font and rear.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 9:21 Quote
I'm a fan of the semi-slick on the back. I'm using a minion dhf on the back currently, but just cause it was in stock. Mary/Rock Razor was one of my fave setups, but I found the razor reacted to rocks like razors unfortunately, but the sideknobs kept things composed but the tires really roll fast. Next time I get tires I will try to get a semi-slick for the back that's a bit more durable. I just never agonize over rear tire grip and don't find knobby front tires really ruin speed on the ups.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
I'm a fan of the semi-slick on the back.

same here. over time i went down to a (F) minion dhf and (R) onza svelt for dry conditions, but the side knobs on a minion SS or rock razor help a lot with cornering when the soil gets a bit loose or muddy. obviously, brake grip is very digital. for spring through fall, minion dhf and SS might be my got-to tyre choice.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
Trail boss is a good tire. I like it for our east of mountains territory

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Trail boss is a good tire. I like it for our east of mountains territory

Yeah, those look like a good option.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
Mine was excelent on speed and grip but durability and wall support leave a lot to be desired. As the name suggest a very good trail tyre

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018114
Mobile Version of Website