close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:

I've climbed up a wet root like, 3 times in the last year and a half, hahah

Ha! Lucky !

I was going to say, unlucky Wink

I love some good ol’ wet jank

Nope, definitely lucky. Keep your wet wood! I'll happily trade it for powdery dust and bone dry roots (most of the time).

I've actually spent so little time riding wet trails after months of drought, that didn't even know what to do when I came up to a sloppy bundle of roots after it finally rained. Took my brain a minute to process. I can never ride confident when I don't know where my front end will most-likely end up. Even dust/sand I find way more predictable.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Ha! Lucky !

Nope, definitely lucky. Keep your wet wood! I'll happily trade it for powdery dust and bone dry roots (most of the time).

I've actually spent so little time riding wet trails after months of drought, that didn't even know what to do when I came up to a sloppy bundle of roots after it finally rained. Took my brain a minute to process. I can never ride confident when I don't know where my front end will most-likely end up. Even dust/sand I find way more predictable.

I hear ya. You can definitely send it when they’re dry. I don’t really have a choice out here where I live. 8 months out of the year you can guarantee you’ll have this…

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/14074860/

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 7:19 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
robbiekane wrote:

I hear ya. You can definitely send it when they’re dry. I don’t really have a choice out here where I live. 8 months out of the year you can guarantee you’ll have this…

I'd either be a better rider, or way worse from less riding if that was what was on offer for my trails.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
I can never ride confident when I don't know where my front end will most-likely end up.
when in doubt, wheelie it out. your front wheel can't slip when it's up in the air.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
robbiekane wrote:

I'd either be a better rider, or way worse from less riding if that was what was on offer for my trails.

You get used to it. Honestly, I think I like it because the forests are beautiful when they’re misty and wet out here.

Maxxgrip, low psi and cushcore help with wet ass roots.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 7:48 Quote
Red-October wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

This one belongs here, even if the picture is not great

I was pretty pumped to see my bike make it onto this thread! I’ll be sure to get some proper pics of it when this white stuff goes away!

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
Beautiful bike. It seems the front end/rear end ratio a little disproportionate to me, but that is the magic of custom geo

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 9:03 Quote
robbiekane wrote:

Yep thats what we gotta deal with lol thick ropes of anaconda blankets.... slippery ones.

Good shot.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 9:30 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
robbiekane wrote:

Yep thats what we gotta deal with lol thick ropes of anaconda blankets.... slippery ones.

Good shot.

Classic Brad Walton shot. Perks of having a riding buddy that’s always down to bring a camera

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
Yeah we needs to get a ride in again soon. I m jonesn’ for a slice of Ham....

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 18:50 Quote
Looks really slick , that wet wood....

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 7:48 Quote
Beautiful bike, Wonder if the Sid holds up to aggressive riding....

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018834
Mobile Version of Website