The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 4:13 Quote
sherbet wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:
That would make a fine enduro bike for the gnar gnar of Ontario.

Come by sometime. Most of our XC tracks are littered with Hightowers and Remedies.

Lmao so true. So many Hightowers at my local spot because we have 3 gaps, some cuttie tracks and a couple tech trails. Meanwhile there's buddy on his rigid fatbike hitting them all summer long.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 6:02 Quote
jph406 wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
I was a hardtailer for years, then bought a process 111 which felt like cheating, haha. Northern ON definitely deserves some squish.

I love my Rootdown immensely and it's the perfect bike for almost anything ... but ... I also very much love my Rocky Element. Fast and fun with just the right amount of squish. It's nice to have choices.

I'm very happy to have the choices at my disposal. My young self wouldn't believe it.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 6:30 Quote
I think I like it...but I can't ignore the awful rim graphics Frown

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 6:37 Quote
Looks like maybe the belt break out it up at the pinion / yoke area??? I dont see a seam out back.

Anyone in here have / had a belt drive system and ride in mucky conditions often?

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 6:58 Quote
The opening is probably somewhere up the seatstay.

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I think I like it...but I can't ignore the awful rim graphics Frown

You know it, simple removal and it’s wayyy better

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
Looks like a Moots?
I've tried a buddies belt driven single speed city bike before, it was smooth and quiet, very stealth. I know Reeb has a close relationship with Gates here in CO, would love to try one of their belt drive bikes, with or w/o a pinion gearbox, never tried one of those.

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 8:00 Quote
chacou wrote:
Looks like a Moots?
I've tried a buddies belt driven single speed city bike before, it was smooth and quiet, very stealth. I know Reeb has a close relationship with Gates here in CO, would love to try one of their belt drive bikes, with or w/o a pinion gearbox, never tried one of those.

Roostbike Nero pinion AUS

I’d be keen to try one on an ebike!

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
I wonder what a gearbox belt drive bike is doing with a derailer hanger though? Seems like that wouldn’t be needed at all.

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
chacou wrote:
I wonder what a gearbox belt drive bike is doing with a derailer hanger though? Seems like that wouldn’t be needed at all.

Reckon that’s an oversight on their behalf. Maybe included it so as to affirm that the frame can run a derailleur etc , who knows

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
chacou wrote:
Looks like a Moots?

Roostbike Nero pinion AUS

I’d be keen to try one on an ebike!

I think that might’ve been the first time
“Ebike” was mentioned on this thread

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
chacou wrote:

Reckon that’s an oversight on their behalf. Maybe included it so as to affirm that the frame can run a derailleur etc , who knows

Maybe they only had dropouts for a derailleur :shrug: I'd think if you're building a gearbox mount frame, vs a traditional bb, then you know your frame won't be needing that derailleur, unless I'm missing something, maybe intended for a chain tensioner? But gearboxes, esp. on a HT wouldn't need that, right?

edit: looking at their website it's likely a custom build and they just used the dropouts they have on hand, which are for derailleurs

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028192
Mobile Version of Website