The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: May 17, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
I dig the gold & tans. Is that a yellow seat on top, though??

Anyone here have feedback on the Yari? I have a Lyrik on my HT, which I LOVE, so much so that I think of moving it to the squishy bike, but no chance I'm dropping 1500 bones on a brand new fork to replace it.

I have both a Yari rc and a lyrik ultimate with the newest damper and you can definitely notice the difference damper wise as the Yari packs up over fast bumps but they’re both equally plush. And you can always upgrade the damper down the road

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
The new Esker bikes look great.
Article in the main page.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
I dig the gold & tans. Is that a yellow seat on top, though??

Anyone here have feedback on the Yari? I have a Lyrik on my HT, which I LOVE, so much so that I think of moving it to the squishy bike, but no chance I'm dropping 1500 bones on a brand new fork to replace it.
The yari has the old motion control damper with an updated rebound circuit. It's good enough for most people but there is a marked improvement with the charger damper.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 20:52 Quote
Anyone here have feedback on the Yari? .

As others said, the damper really holds it back. Not a problem on trails where the hits are few with plenty of space in between, but enter a rockgarden or root bed at speed and the fork practically locks out after the first couple of hits.

Best way I managed to set mine up was removing all tokens, add way more air than recommended for my weight and rebound relatively fast. That kept the fork high on it's travel where it's most active.

Eventually got a Diamond though and the difference is spectacular.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 21:10 Quote
I have a Yari with MC damper and one with the Charger. There are tiers like the rest of rock shox offerings. Both work great but the Charger and debonair combo one does better in the rough. As good as my lyrik was.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 23:04 Quote
That last Chromag does not do it for me. Too many spacers, tan tyres don't work on that build, GX cranks look horrible...

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 0:38 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I have a Yari with MC damper and one with the Charger. There are tiers like the rest of rock shox offerings. Both work great but the Charger and debonair combo one does better in the rough. As good as my lyrik was.
A yari with a charger damper is a lyrik.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 1:50 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
threeofswords wrote:
Scraping the barrel with that sick bike

You fail to see the irony before you

Yeah?

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 2:56 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
threeofswords wrote:
Scraping the barrel with that sick bike

Yeah?

Read the steel city article , shortly thereafter saw Chacou’s Marino in the agg’ thread, had to post them up for any reaction .. good or bad

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 4:24 Quote
Equinox bicycles

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 5:54 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

There was one year they had the "Yari Charger"
Wass essentially a Lyrik RC and has since gone away.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
threeofswords wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Yeah?

Read the steel city article , shortly thereafter saw Chacou’s Marino in the agg’ thread, had to post them up for any reaction .. good or bad

I’ll check that out…thxSalute

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 8:55 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

There was one year they had the "Yari Charger"
Wass essentially a Lyrik RC and has since gone away.

Yep around 2019 versions. Didn’t know they got rid of it. Its not “Charger 2” so wouldn’t be considered the “Ultimate” but nice and smooth.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017334
Mobile Version of Website