The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Author Message
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 8:49 Quote
I can appreciate that. There is something about the way steel seems to resonate which has me like it best of my experiences with alu and even ti. I know it's not just the material, but I feel like steel feels damp, which I like. I've been on alu fat bikes that felt rattly even with all that rubber.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
I can appreciate that. There is something about the way steel seems to resonate which has me like it best of my experiences with alu and even ti. I know it's not just the material, but I feel like steel feels damp, which I like. I've been on alu fat bikes that felt rattly even with all that rubber.

Yeah I believe so too. It is a fantastic material for building a bicycle frame because of its damping properties in the tube diameters and wall thicknesses we can use.
Quite a complex thing trying to damp vibrations and/or hinder their transmission to the rider. Not an exact science by any means and the actual experience of the rider is of course very subjective. Sometimes it doesn’t seem to follow logic.
But it’s a pretty safe bet that a quality steel tube set will feel nicer than the other materials going.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
Just for the record: I'm really enjoying the last 2 or 3 pages of this post.
Taking notes and learning from wise people.
The good side of the internet.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 11:28 Quote
That XXL dude with the Titus



Frame being so massive , makes the fork look ok

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Just for the record: I'm really enjoying the last 2 or 3 pages of this post.
Taking notes and learning from wise people.
The good side of the internet.

Somebody’s feeling the love !

Here is some love from 2020

Doesn’t mean you can get the white tires out though lol tup

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:21 Quote
Not feeling a tonne of love for that gold abomination.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:48 Quote
the parts that look wrong are not the golden ones. brownwall tires like a griffus might be a better fit..

overall a nice bike.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Not feeling a tonne of love for that gold abomination.

I believe it’s the discussion (& good bikes) that he was referring to when mentioning ‘feeling the love’, the gold bike creates such discussion as it fails on many counts, yet it does (somehow) work also .. but, that’s up for discussion ..

First gear blues , seat tube length, those rims .. ‘the gaudiness’ of it.. there’s more ..decals , ALL of them need to go .. those spokes too

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 16:53 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Not feeling a tonne of love for that gold abomination.

I believe it’s the discussion (& good bikes) that he was referring to when mentioning ‘feeling the love’, the gold bike creates such discussion as it fails on many counts, yet it does (somehow) work also .. but, that’s up for discussion ..

First gear blues , seat tube length, those rims .. ‘the gaudiness’ of it.. there’s more ..decals , ALL of them need to go .. those spokes too
I have a weird love/hate relation with deep profile rims. I like the 6th element ones, but not their massive decals. But I prefer the Zipps, and I'm currently keeping some of the decals on.
Aye, those spokes hurt.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 17:17 Quote
At a quick glance, the orange/gold bike looks pretty good but as soon as you actually look closely, it gets worse by the second

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 18:28 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
At a quick glance, the orange/gold bike looks pretty good but as soon as you actually look closely, it gets worse by the second

This.
The front tire logos not lined up, green bar end caps, white brake lines…

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 20:48 Quote
I would ride the gold abomination. I think Im back into Gaudy Gucci. The Rick Flair Cycles.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 21:03 Quote
Love the frame and color, would probably have built it up with mostly neutral colored bits..

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 21:11 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Love the frame and color, would probably have built it up with mostly neutral colored bits..

Agree. It's not the frame, it's the tires, pedals&spokes abomination #goldisgood

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 21:41 Quote
Red-October wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
Love the frame and color, would probably have built it up with mostly neutral colored bits..

Agree. It's not the frame, it's the tires, pedals&spokes abomination #goldisgood

But definitely one of the nicer garage doors I have seen in a while.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016499
Mobile Version of Website