The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: May 23, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
Bird forge stainless

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 13:44 Quote
Will-narayan wrote:
Really nice but I'm not a fan of the inverted Intend fork on steel/titanium frames because it looks thicker than the frame's tubes, I had the same feeling with the Huhn bike (I think it looks better on big bikes, hydroform or carbon).

When you say ‘frame’s tubes’ , do you actually mean the downtube only correct ?

Or, based on what you said, this roughly translates to me as a 34mm fork (?) would be a better match

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 14:19 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

Or, based on what you said, this roughly translates to me as a 34mm fork (?) would be a better match

Mmh yes, well it's a global impression but you're right it's mostly the downtube, and headtube maybe as well, or headtube/toptube/downtube area (a gusset makes things look much more bulky for instance).

I think a 36 is ok as well as the stanchions are thinner than the lowers, it creates some sort of negative space around the stanchions, while on the Intend it gets bigger and bulkier at the crown and "steals" the spotlight to the headtube, well, something like that lol . The Intend is also quite bulky, it's got those big bevels, and I like bevels, but I'd say it doesn't "fit" the pure shape of tubes. Maybe it would work better on an alloy hardtail with some CNC'd parts with bevels, but there aren't many alloy hardtail.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 14:52 Quote
Will-narayan wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Mmh yes, well it's a global impression but you're right it's mostly the downtube, and headtube maybe as well, or headtube/toptube/downtube area (a gusset makes things look much more bulky for instance).

I think a 36 is ok as well as the stanchions are thinner than the lowers, it creates some sort of negative space around the stanchions, while on the Intend it gets bigger and bulkier at the crown and "steals" the spotlight to the headtube, well, something like that lol . The Intend is also quite bulky, it's got those big bevels, and I like bevels, but I'd say it doesn't "fit" the pure shape of tubes. Maybe it would work better on an alloy hardtail with some CNC'd parts with bevels, but there aren't many alloy hardtail.

Ahh ok , I do ‘get’ what your alluding to tup just had to clarify a little as anything less than a 36 on this bike wouldn’t look right - I’m also thinking, that If those forks were now removed and any other fork was put in its place, we’d all want them back lol
A pic without the guards / ‘socks’ would look better

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 19:25 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:

this is kinda rad.

I agree. Dope

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 19:32 Quote
Bird is tasteful and clean

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 20:08 Quote
Loving the Bird as well

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 4:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Does more for me then the 410

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 5:06 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

One of each for my garage please tup

Simplicity versus Personality

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 8:47 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 14:05 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
That 410. Is beautiful, interested to know the geo, some top draw components, this is up there with bitelio’s Passila

here is the geo for the frame . Tom's is a size Large

also som emore detail shots

Ra .410 Geometry

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 15:15 Quote
What's up with the stack on the XL?

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 16:18 Quote
static reach on a large is 450? Nope.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 16:23 Quote
Something seems goofy here.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 18:07 Quote
Seat tube length is relatively slack compared to a full suspension geo, which it can be, since it is harder to wheelie out on climbs without the compressing rear end.

Effective top tube length is the same as normal (the actual roominess feel).

Reach is a bit shorter but it is sort of a baseless measurement anyways.

Basically, the bike is rotated back a few degrees, but will still feel the same size as a full suspension counterpart.

Seems like a good geo to me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021077
Mobile Version of Website