The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: May 27, 2022 at 1:18 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
That Esker clearance is stupid when there are so many hardtails out there that have no issue with this.

Radavist article pertains to development & such (Japhy/Hayduke) ,

‘..both built with bikepacking in mind’

It was never meant to make it here..

I would think bike packers like some clearance too

You’d think huh

That particular bike is preproduction, being only ‘one version’ of an undisclosed amount of variants - so, maybe it’s not the finished article as yet with regard to our particular concern. Steel variant to follow too..

Esker are pretty good when it comes to feedback & customer service apparently , I’m going to ask them & The Radavist/JW for some clarification etc
Really liked their offerings to date ..not so much this Ti ‘as shown’

Edit: done. Awaiting response

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 5:46 Quote
tallpaul-s wrote:
Built a 2nd set of wheels & tyres for my Nordest Lacrau Ti Pinion for gravel riding & local mellow summer stuff.

2nd 27.5 3" set

Main 29er set

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 6:09 Quote
I’ll say it again here.. ti frames look so much better with the right tanwalls..

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 6:27 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
I’ll say it again here.. ti frames look so much better with the right tanwalls..

I think those tervail tires look awesome. I like darker more natural-ish looking vs brighter the died rubber or brown paint look. I wanted some tervails for looks, but my shop dissuaded me as they hadn't heard the best reviews and Minions just work. I am probably gonna go schwalbe if I get more fashion rubber if I can get those 'bronze' walls cause I like how they ride. Specialized look good too but it's been a long time and am scared they will be skinny.

I personally like that Nordest in 29er mode. Looks tight!

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 6:44 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
That Esker clearance is stupid when there are so many hardtails out there that have no issue with this.

Radavist article pertains to development & such (Japhy/Hayduke) ,

‘..both built with bikepacking in mind’

It was never meant to make it here..

I would think bike packers like some clearance too

They say the Japhy has clearance for 29x2.8. I am guess that is what is in there?
Also they have adjustable dropouts so I wonder if it is slammed forward?

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
threeofswords wrote:

I think those tervail tires look awesome. I like darker more natural-ish looking vs brighter the died rubber or brown paint look. I wanted some tervails for looks, but my shop dissuaded me as they hadn't heard the best reviews and Minions just work. I am probably gonna go schwalbe if I get more fashion rubber if I can get those 'bronze' walls cause I like how they ride. Specialized look good too but it's been a long time and am scared they will be skinny.

I personally like that Nordest in 29er mode. Looks tight!

i'm really happy with the (skinwall) tires from onza i had so far. gonna change the porc 29x2.6 on my moxie for the RC version, but for my trail bike it's gonna be porc for the front and svelt out rear.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
Red-October wrote:
Not much room on the rear tire there .

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
If you look close it's not terrible, but yes, that frame doens't have tonnes of clearance unless fully backed out. I have a 2.4 on mine extened and there great, but I couldnt' shorten the CS much, but personally for that bike I think 435 works well. It's a high speed monster.

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 0:02 Quote
Shame about those mismatched caliper bolts.

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 0:12 Quote
Looks Sick. Frame looks well finished.

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 0:25 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Shame about those mismatched caliper bolts.

and the chip marks on the caliper

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 1:01 Quote
Red-October wrote:

EDIT: There are no chip marks and mismatched bolts on the caliper! lol lol

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 1:11 Quote
fancy build with lyriks, AXS, enve and all that jazz. but but somehow i don't connect. although it definitely rides well, it's missing the "special sauce".

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 2:04 Quote
There will always be this debate: the hairless mouse living on a stainless steel perfectly clean, aseptic lab table vs. the healthy rat living in the manure-filled ditch... Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014720
Mobile Version of Website