The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 9:53 Quote
mozz wrote:
Rules*No arguing the toss because its you opinion. No one wants to see pages of off topic arguments. No point blank question like what is the best hardtail as its far to subjective and takes the thread off topic.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 10:48 Quote
scmalex wrote:
hayden4x wrote:
Hey all
Looking for some quick advice. I am on the hunt for an affordable (ish) hardtail frame. 120-140mm fork, boost, 29er, ideally something that comes in XL side. Looking to build a single speed trail hardtail worthy of this thread down the line.

Pace RC529. I have one in XL and it's set up single speed. Idk if its considered affordable considering you could get a custom Marino for less, but the geo is dialed and ride quality is unreal! This isn't really a question askin' thread though, this is where folks complain about tire logos not being lined up.

I have my own (correct) opinion but what is the consensus on tyre:rim decal? I like the psi info on Maxxis above the valve but this puts the decals out. It’s a ‘function over form’ thing. Cus I think trying to line em up so often looks crap anyways.

What’s the answer? Remove all decals?

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
Just finished building this. Has to be one of the craziest paint jobs I've ever had on a frame. I think it's sexy in a marmite kind of way.... like Kate Bush 80s sexy lol

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:41 Quote
Wait...what?
Bold move and it kinda adds up. Except the DVO green!?

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:50 Quote
I am generally a fan of colourful bikes and the odd random purple bit, but that thing is f*ckin' hideous. Read the first post, take your midlife crisis and get out of here.

Sweet pumptrack, though tup

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
That’s a no from me dawg

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 12:10 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
I am generally a fan of colourful bikes and the odd random purple bit, but that thing is f*ckin' hideous. Read the first post, take your midlife crisis and get out of here.

Sweet pumptrack, though tup

hahhhahahhaha

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
I can't say there is one single component from that thing I would use, except maybe the headset spacer under the stem.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
i was so hyped to see some stantons after they announced the new paintjobs on their insta... well, this set a low bar.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 13:16 Quote
I didn't think it was possible to ruin a Stanton; I've been proven wrong.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
That Stanton is fking horrible you colour blind.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
ThomDawley wrote:
scmalex wrote:
hayden4x wrote:
Hey all
Looking for some quick advice. I am on the hunt for an affordable (ish) hardtail frame. 120-140mm fork, boost, 29er, ideally something that comes in XL side. Looking to build a single speed trail hardtail worthy of this thread down the line.

Pace RC529. I have one in XL and it's set up single speed. Idk if its considered affordable considering you could get a custom Marino for less, but the geo is dialed and ride quality is unreal! This isn't really a question askin' thread though, this is where folks complain about tire logos not being lined up.

I have my own (correct) opinion but what is the consensus on tyre:rim decal? I like the psi info on Maxxis above the valve but this puts the decals out. It’s a ‘function over form’ thing. Cus I think trying to line em up so often looks crap anyways.

What’s the answer? Remove all decals?
Removing rim decals is always a good advice.
However, I'm keeping some (not all of them) on mine, so.....

Sorry I cannot be much helpful. That Stanton's given me a migraine

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019108
Mobile Version of Website