The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 19:26 Quote
Nothing says "I've never actually ridden this bike" like no pedals. Sorry Threeofswords ... I had too.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 20:09 Quote
Thecommoncoy wrote:
The zip ties are tan, same color as the grips.

Colored zip ties are a big no-no. Just keep it black, nobody wants to see your zip ties.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 20:11 Quote
Black sticks out more than tan on that frame.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 20:19 Quote
I'm not sure how black zip ties would stand out on black cables...that logic doesn't track. But those colored zip ties stick out like a sore thumb that's for damn sure

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 20:21 Quote
Oh you mean the ones on the frame specifically, I'm talking about the zip ties on the cables hanging out in front of the handlebars

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 20:22 Quote
yeah, frame specifically.

The ones on the cables in the front of the bars do stand out a bit. To each their own.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 22:52 Quote
All IMO obvs.

+1 on black zipties, they blend in to the cables/chainstay protector so they never stand out at all, once fitted & trimmed. Colours just draw attention to them.

Sliver rims have their place on the right build, but combined with black spokes and nipples then green hubs here, plus the silver/raw frame, it’s a no from me.

I get what you were going for with the hubs and seat clamp, but the green looks a little odd, reckon you’ll have been better sticking with your silver/black scheme there.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 23:03 Quote
it's not that bad, but the zip ties are a no-go and silver parts on silver frames are... difficult. either make it green or black.

nice bike at first glance, the longer you look the worse it gets. also, am i the only one thrown off by the orange on the derailleur?

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 0:05 Quote
More beige grips, I'm afraid... but the rest of the bike is nice...

Unkas wrote:
Loco Moto project, size large. About 13.7kg (sorry for metricsSmile ) with a rather heavy coil Helm up front.
A bit of a back-to-school with the wacky geo, although my daily driver is not really conservative (a longer Pipedream Moxie). Probably the longest it ever took me to get comfortable with a new bike. At about 7 rides in something clicked though, and I have to say there is something weirdly good about the strange, loooong back end and slack front. Oddly enough I don't find it rides especially tall; on the contrary it is quite refreshing to pedal again without fear of getting clotheslined all the time. Corners ok, although not really close to the on-the-rails feel of the mullet Moxie. It feels like a boat in the parking lot and at low speed, but alive and composed when plummeting. Have not really hit its speed limit yet really and probably never will..
No issues with the service or the product to date, although price was ridiculously low for ti frame as everyone points out.

Titus Loco Moto large

Titus Loco Moto large

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 0:10 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Yup, the green and the grips take away from that amazing bike.

...also, are those pink zip ties? No bueno

Thank you for pointing me towards those zips... now I can't unseen them!... Confused

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 0:20 Quote
Red-October wrote:
More beige grips, I'm afraid... but the rest of the bike is nice...

Unkas wrote:
Loco Moto project, size large. About 13.7kg (sorry for metricsSmile ) with a rather heavy coil Helm up front.
A bit of a back-to-school with the wacky geo, although my daily driver is not really conservative (a longer Pipedream Moxie). Probably the longest it ever took me to get comfortable with a new bike. At about 7 rides in something clicked though, and I have to say there is something weirdly good about the strange, loooong back end and slack front. Oddly enough I don't find it rides especially tall; on the contrary it is quite refreshing to pedal again without fear of getting clotheslined all the time. Corners ok, although not really close to the on-the-rails feel of the mullet Moxie. It feels like a boat in the parking lot and at low speed, but alive and composed when plummeting. Have not really hit its speed limit yet really and probably never will..
No issues with the service or the product to date, although price was ridiculously low for ti frame as everyone points out.

Titus Loco Moto large

Titus Loco Moto large

i cannot tell how but the bike is somewhat off for me. all the parts look okay, bits of yellow and gold here and there but somehow it doesn't come together.

also, so much effort to mess up the photo: tires and valves misaligned and not straight, cranks as pedals as well, wrong gear, tilted front wheel, the background, odd angle and zoom...

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 2:44 Quote
More pics of the cockpit needed, looks like a boat tiller stem in there... 70mm? Probably bought the bike and it came up short

Remove both downtube & fork decals & that’s nice

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 3:42 Quote
i post, you roast Big Grin

no other pics to be found unfortunately. but yeah, dropping the decals is always first thing to do (although i like the blue accent).

but hey, at least it has pedals

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016797
Mobile Version of Website