The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 7:34 Quote

Ride the f*ck out of it dude, love it

Id change contact points to my own personal preference, that is all

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
Change those star
grips and this would be perfect

I actually first installed some brand new black grips and no way they were just to petite for my hands, the Star grips add nearly a 1/2 inch to bar diameter which I need...I have big hands. I've run the Star track grips cut to size for at least 10 years. I built the bike to ride and to my taste. Like the looks of camo saddle as well, if I dont like how it rides I will change it to one of my old trailmasters.... If anyone knows of other meaty grips available on the market I'd be interested in checking them out..

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 8:20 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
threeofswords wrote:
Change those star

I actually first installed some brand new black grips and no way they were just to petite for my hands, the Star grips add nearly a 1/2 inch to bar diameter which I need...I have big hands. I've run the Star track grips cut to size for at least 10 years. I built the bike to ride and to my taste. Like the looks of camo saddle as well, if I dont like how it rides I will change it to one of my old trailmasters.... If anyone knows of other meaty grips available on the market I'd be interested in checking them out..

Sensus Meaty Paws
It's in the name!
The only grips I run.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 8:29 Quote
Thanks ! I will look at them.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 8:49 Quote
What size grips - 35 mm + yh?

RevGrips I believe does an XL

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 8:52 Quote
35mm diameter would be great...will check out.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 9:27 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
threeofswords wrote:
Change those star

Sensus Meaty Paws
It's in the name!
The only grips I run.

Second this. I have them on two of my bikes and am trying to find another set for the dirt jumper

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
threeofswords wrote:
Change those star

Pnw loam xl grips are 34mm dia, peanut butter colour would be dynamite

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
threeofswords wrote:
Change those star

Pnw loam xl grips are 34mm dia, peanut butter colour would be dynamite

Good options to check out.I like that the pnw grips do not have metal bits on the outer ends,..I like to ride without gloves when its not sweaty hot or freezing cold, what I like about the star grips is they are super thick grippy without having ridges and a plastic insert.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 20:40 Quote
Dont change the star grips ... ride the f*ck outta that beast like I know you will. Thats a prime example of a sexy bike that will be treated as it should be... no doubt.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 11:28 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Dont change the star grips ... ride the f*ck outta that beast like I know you will. Thats a prime example of a sexy bike that will be treated as it should be... no doubt.

Hell yeah, thats the plan ! Honored to have bike posted here , Totally ! But built the bike to ride and prefer an unassuming look to it....My buddy is building his Ti Rootdown up a bit more blingy, I dont know if it will get posted here but I will try to post it in the agro thread when its built up.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 14:31 Quote
I have run those star grips a loooong time ago.
Not bad though give calouses galore lol

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 17:18 Quote
DmoorDevil wrote:
I am a plumber of 40 years, my hands are beyond getting calluses.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 18:43 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
DmoorDevil wrote:
I am a plumber of 40 years, my hands are beyond getting calluses.

Slakers hands give grips calluses

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 23:21 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

That's the one. Perfect proportions IMO.
Drool

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016158
Mobile Version of Website