The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Author Message
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Seriously how do Ardents still exist? They're like the Millenials Smoke Dart. Enough!
Hahahaha....good one!!!

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 13:10 Quote
Chuckle chuckle brothers...

;D

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 13:37 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
Except Smoke and dart were actually descent tires for the era.

Thank goodness we’re blessed with choice nowadays.

Edit: i love that you remember it all bud tup the highs, the lows & everything in between

Let's be real, it's all pretty low until about 2010 and after. Ubiquitous use of droppers and tubeless tire, paired with non-road geo and non-divey forks has been a boon for bikes. I love looking at old bikes, but a 90s era rigid steel bike with smokes and vbrakes sounds downright painful and terrifying on almost anything I ride now, haha. Here's to the future.

I didn't ride in that era but I took my 91 Schwinn High Plains on trails once. Anything other then easy blue and greens yeah no. They do make great townie and cheap gravel bikes though.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 13:43 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
Except Smoke and dart were actually descent tires for the era.

Thank goodness we’re blessed with choice nowadays.

Edit: i love that you remember it all bud tup the highs, the lows & everything in between

Let's be real, it's all pretty low until about 2010 and after. Ubiquitous use of droppers and tubeless tire, paired with non-road geo and non-divey forks has been a boon for bikes. I love looking at old bikes, but a 90s era rigid steel bike with smokes and vbrakes sounds downright painful and terrifying on almost anything I ride now, haha. Here's to the future.
For some reason I only have great memories of those days though.Spending days in the mountains and woods on them old bikes with a buddy or two....It was really a good time.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Soupherb wrote:


Thank goodness we’re blessed with choice nowadays.

Edit: i love that you remember it all bud tup the highs, the lows & everything in between

Let's be real, it's all pretty low until about 2010 and after. Ubiquitous use of droppers and tubeless tire, paired with non-road geo and non-divey forks has been a boon for bikes. I love looking at old bikes, but a 90s era rigid steel bike with smokes and vbrakes sounds downright painful and terrifying on almost anything I ride now, haha. Here's to the future.
For some reason I only have great memories of those days though.Spending days in the mountains and woods on them old bikes with a buddy or two....It was really a good time.

Salute

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 17:09 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Soupherb wrote:


Thank goodness we’re blessed with choice nowadays.

Edit: i love that you remember it all bud tup the highs, the lows & everything in between

Let's be real, it's all pretty low until about 2010 and after. Ubiquitous use of droppers and tubeless tire, paired with non-road geo and non-divey forks has been a boon for bikes. I love looking at old bikes, but a 90s era rigid steel bike with smokes and vbrakes sounds downright painful and terrifying on almost anything I ride now, haha. Here's to the future.
For some reason I only have great memories of those days though.Spending days in the mountains and woods on them old bikes with a buddy or two....It was really a good time.

It's good memories and nostalgia are great, but would you trade your current bike for your old bike? Ignorance is bliss

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 17:57 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:


Let's be real, it's all pretty low until about 2010 and after. Ubiquitous use of droppers and tubeless tire, paired with non-road geo and non-divey forks has been a boon for bikes. I love looking at old bikes, but a 90s era rigid steel bike with smokes and vbrakes sounds downright painful and terrifying on almost anything I ride now, haha. Here's to the future.
For some reason I only have great memories of those days though.Spending days in the mountains and woods on them old bikes with a buddy or two....It was really a good time.

It's good memories and nostalgia are great, but would you trade your current bike for your old bike? Ignorance is bliss
I would trade the current world for those days for sure... My current bike for say an 1990 pine mountain, only if I could go back....

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 23:00 Quote
Could I keep my current bike and swap my age???

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 7:49 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Could I keep my current bike and swap my age???

Let me know if you figure it out, I'm on board with this too. I'm quite envious of the bikes and trails kids have at their dipsosal today. I'd love to have tonnes of time and better recovery for riding like I did in my youth but didn't take advantage of. Same for skiing.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:56 Quote
Point echoed!

Oh the shame... ;(

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 9:41 Quote
But Grandpa is still having fun, thats all that matters....

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 12:08 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
Could I keep my current bike and swap my age???

Let me know if you figure it out, I'm on board with this too. I'm quite envious of the bikes and trails kids have at their dipsosal today. I'd love to have tonnes of time and better recovery for riding like I did in my youth but didn't take advantage of. Same for skiing.
True! We survived V-brakes and 10mm wide rims and 50mm bars!!!!

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 12:24 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
Could I keep my current bike and swap my age???

Let me know if you figure it out, I'm on board with this too. I'm quite envious of the bikes and trails kids have at their dipsosal today. I'd love to have tonnes of time and better recovery for riding like I did in my youth but didn't take advantage of. Same for skiing.

I started skiing at 35 and started mountain biking at 44... it would have been better the other way around, as skiing has no future... in the next 20 years skiing as a mass sport will be over, we will ski only in Chile and Canada, maybe...

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 13:37 Quote
Red-October wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
Could I keep my current bike and swap my age???

Let me know if you figure it out, I'm on board with this too. I'm quite envious of the bikes and trails kids have at their dipsosal today. I'd love to have tonnes of time and better recovery for riding like I did in my youth but didn't take advantage of. Same for skiing.

I started skiing at 35 and started mountain biking at 44... it would have been better the other way around, as skiing has no future... in the next 20 years skiing as a mass sport will be over, we will ski only in Chile and Canada, maybe...

Where do you live? Big snows here and could get bigger in some places. Don't give up!

I started skiing at 10, but not remotely seriously until my late 20s. Finally moved to a ski town two years ago at 41 and skiied more in the last two years than in my whole life probably and it's life changing. The guys who grew up here shredding dirt and snow since childhood are next level. Hoping my kids will get serious in their youth to build good fundamentals so it'll always be with them. That said, it's not looking promising on the bike front haha

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
Skiing is slowly becoming a dentist sport .


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017278
Mobile Version of Website