The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
Hardtails geometry should be compared dynamically, not statically, anyway...

Posted: Sep 17, 2022 at 12:59 Quote
Thats why I just get on em and ride em' and adapt to whatever angles/ measurements it comes with.

Been pretty happy with everything I've owned since getting in to "all mountain" hardtail designs..and they keep getting better....new Rootdown is dreamy .

Posted: Sep 17, 2022 at 14:04 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Thats why I just get on em and ride em' and adapt to whatever angles/ measurements it comes with.

Been pretty happy with everything I've owned since getting in to "all mountain" hardtail designs..and they keep getting better....new Rootdown is dreamy .

They each just ride fun. All a bit different but I agree. Variety is the slice of life.

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 2:58 Quote
By eck that is puuurty tasty.

Though prefer Curtis ime

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 5:54 Quote
That thing is slick ... but why not a Fox 36?

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
I read about it on the official hp of egress (or instagram? not sure). anyway he says its his lightest bike so far with a weight of just 12 kg all in all. Considering this and the tyre choice, i'd say its meant as a cross-country bike and not as a aggro hardtail enduro-monster-trail-slasherr?

Or it got a really light rider? I have a 160 mm rockshox lyrik as well, but actually i found out that a 120 - 140 mm pike or probably even a sid would be fine for me. Or at least a mix of sid and pike.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 6:39 Quote
jph406 wrote:

There’s something to be said for a crazy light flickable bike if the rider is light enough

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 6:59 Quote
[Quote="Red-October"]

That is very, very nice!
I just don't understand the tyre choice. This is a hardcore HT that has been fitted with what are fundamentally XC tyres. Confused

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 7:30 Quote
they call it downcountry. it means you have an xc bike with aggro geometry that you ride the sh*t out of, until something breaks. then you replace it with something more reliable though a little heavier and repeat until you end up with a hardcore hardtail. it's a thing, google it.

edit: it's a very nice one of these bikes, i admit.

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 8:13 Quote
We need pics of Wythall's Curtis and SHARPISH Wink

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 8:51 Quote
My 130mm "hardcore" HT is now wearing XC shoes (racing ralph/racing ray). It's a lot of fun especially for mellower trails/gravel.

Regardless, that Egress is probably my favorite of the year.

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 10:16 Quote
jph406 wrote:

My 36 160 does pretty seem to be pretty good at dealing with aggressive riding , I have no problem keeping up with 38's and Zeb's several times a week.

36 Surface versus, 38 Doctahawk

Views: 370    Faves: 1    Comments: 2

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 11:24 Quote
cool terrain, where are you riding?

I have a lyrik and a dvo Onyx and they definitely feel burly enough for anything I hit. Could maybe go bigger at the park, but that's really only like 8 weeks of riding for me. For trail the midrange AM forks are great.

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
cool terrain, where are you riding?

I have a lyrik and a dvo Onyx and they definitely feel burly enough for anything I hit. Could maybe go bigger at the park, but that's really only like 8 weeks of riding for me. For trail the midrange AM forks are great.

This is north slope of Pikes peak, basically my front yard .These trails have been here long before mtb was thing.

My buddy blows through all his travel on his 38 and Zeb but sets them up pretty soft , he is the same weight as me but I like the weight savings and the little bit smaller fork seems sufficient. I contemplated getting the Zen for my last build but at 160,lbs I thought it would be maybe a little over kill, although reviews say the Zeb is even maybe more small bump compliant than the lyric, New Lyrik definetly is feeling pretty good though in at smoothing out chatter.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028447
Mobile Version of Website