The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 18:17 Quote
That Turner ! Nice lines !

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 18:33 Quote
scotteh wrote:
scotteh wrote:
Anyone here have experience with the 27.5 Bfe?

I'm considering a Bfe but can't decide which size I would get - what does the hive mind say??
Ok enough about the KKK, what do you guys say lol
The pointy white hood " Capirote" is associated with Christianity as well as the KKK , Capirote originated in Europe ... Go figure.

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 21:18 Quote
The Turner Scrub has nice lines, but I don't know where they get off calling it "Longer, lower, slacker"
465mm reach in the largest size? 435mm cs? 55mm BB drop 64.5"hta?
Longer, Lower, Slacker than... what?

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 21:30 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
The Turner Scrub has nice lines, but I don't know where they get off calling it "Longer, lower, slacker"
465mm reach in the largest size? 435mm cs? 55mm BB drop 64.5"hta?
Longer, Lower, Slacker than... what?

Old Turners?

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 21:57 Quote
johnd2 wrote:
Turner Scrub Ti

photo

That thing is dope

Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 1:23 Quote
Turner Ti looks amazing. Also Cotic BFe mulllet sounds great.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 8:39 Quote
I want a Ti bike Soo bad. I’ve been thinking about reaching out to Dekerf to make me a Ti bike that’s between my Doctahawk and primer/Rootdown specs. 63 degree angle. 420 stays. Slightly shorter reach. Pricey though. Maybe I’ll become a sperm donor

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 10:43 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
I want a Ti bike Soo bad. I’ve been thinking about reaching out to Dekerf to make me a Ti bike that’s between my Doctahawk and primer/Rootdown specs. 63 degree angle. 420 stays. Slightly shorter reach. Pricey though. Maybe I’ll become a sperm donor

Sounds like you need a trip to Argentina to sell a kidney or other organs Wink

Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 15:25 Quote
Just go to Gofundme with a sob story.

Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 6:12 Quote
Something about steel has me infatuated with it.... Which is nice because it's wildly cheap, and most commonly offered in custom GEO spec.

I don't see myself ever riding anything else

Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 7:54 Quote
JonDud wrote:
Something about steel has me infatuated with it.... Which is nice because it's wildly cheap, and most commonly offered in custom GEO spec.

If I happen to win the lottery I’ll play with other stuff but agreed. For the cost of one Ti frame I can have 6 Marinos shipped to my door step…. lol i probably need to buy a lottery ticket…cause I would love a Ti frame……

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 8:52 Quote
I'm too curious about geo and diffferent setups to be a Ti guy, would rather try 5 different steel frames than have one gorgeous "forever" Ti frame. Feel free to substitute "poor" for some words in the last sentence lol .

The Knolly sale on Tiaughtons did have me tempted though, if you could run a 27.5 rear I probably would have pulled the trigger...

Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 9:25 Quote
JonDud wrote:

Having both Ti and steel HT's I can say I have equal fun on both , Not a lot of difference in fun level in the steel root down I previously owned and the Ti Rootdown I ride now , slightly more flickable , I wouldn't buy a ti frame at full price unless you are pretty confident you are going to love it and ride it for a long time , maybe for life unless you have disposable income and just want to try different things , what I like about the ti the most is I can just brush the dirt , mud and snow off it after a ride to bring it in the house and not worry about scratching paint or rust, I'm pretty sure I will be riding my Rootdown Ti for years to come, The geo is well suited for the kind of riding I do most ,My steel gen 1 Switchback is great alternative and totally different than the root down.....

.......and the cool factor of riding steel is 1000% cooler than Ti in my opinion. especially in these days when people are riding plastic bikes with wireless shifting, dropper and wireless suspension control , power meter and 7 batteries and you still are able to make them look silly on your old steel all mountain rat HT. I live in the locality of Sram headquarters so these high tech SC prototype builds are starting to surface around here.....funny how I still have absolutely no interest in all that technology. I'm still plenty pumped on dropper posts , disc brakes and nice front suspension...

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2023 at 7:01 Quote
Every bike is different, but I think I liked the 'feel' of my steel RSD bikes over the ti. Not that the ti felt bad. They felt springy, which is cool, and lighter (obviously) but the steel felt 'damp' in a why that smoothed things out more. I would probably choose ti if I had unlimited budget and really wanted a bike for years and years of riding in crap weather, but otherwise, steel is the more real for me for hardtails.

Posted: Dec 4, 2023 at 13:48 Quote
Having owned both Ti and steel, I'd say the difference is subtle.

For me, a steel frame and a really good wheel is the combo for a hardtail, which is often my N+1.

I had a look at that Turner while at Sea Otter in April, and it's definitely a nice bike. But I'd happily take a steel frame and some nicer hoops.

I'm not baller enough for titanium and then also really great wheels lol.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043872
Mobile Version of Website