Summer in Whistler

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Summer in Whistler
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 10:58 Quote
Hi everyone,

My friends and I are about to buy our flight tickets to Vancouver to live in Whistler for 3 months next summer (End of May until end of August). So here I am now, wishing that the community of Pinkbike could help me! I guess there are other threads about that so if you know some you can send them to me. But here are my questions:

- We won't have a car and we won't rent one, so is there a shuttle from Vancouver Airport to Whistler and how does it work?

- We are not really sure if we want to live directly in Whistler or in a smaller city, not too far from the mountain. If we live there 3 months in an appartement, what would be the least expensive: living in Whistler and directly go riding or living further (so that the appartement would be cheaper) and taking a shuttle to go ride.

- Do you know cities around Whistler that would be more affordable?

- Would it be easier to find a job outside Whistler? Will it be hard to find a job in Whistler?

- Is there a place directly in Whistler to live, especially for guys like us that don't want to pay a lot? What about Whistler Staff Housing?

- Are there employment agencies in Whistler?

Thank you all for your help, hope to ride together next summer! Big Grin

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 9:03 Quote
HI

Look up "Pacific Coach" that is the best and easiest way to get to whistler from the airport its takes about 2hrs and cost about $50.
Don't even bother trying to live out of whistler there are heaps of places to rent as long as you are good reliable people You can look for places and jobs in the "Pique Magazine" they have an online site http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/
Jobs aren't easy to get but everyone seems to work it out, don't bother trying to get one till you are here and make sure you have a work visa.
To give you an indication on rent we use to rent a studio in the village 5min walk to the lift for 950p/m including utilities.
The next closes town is Pemberton and thats about 35min drive and if you are here for 3 months you don't want to live there.

Hope this helps
cheers bj

bikervince101 wrote:
Hi everyone,

My friends and I are about to buy our flight tickets to Vancouver to live in Whistler for 3 months next summer (End of May until end of August). So here I am now, wishing that the community of Pinkbike could help me! I guess there are other threads about that so if you know some you can send them to me. But here are my questions:

- We won't have a car and we won't rent one, so is there a shuttle from Vancouver Airport to Whistler and how does it work?

- We are not really sure if we want to live directly in Whistler or in a smaller city, not too far from the mountain. If we live there 3 months in an appartement, what would be the least expensive: living in Whistler and directly go riding or living further (so that the appartement would be cheaper) and taking a shuttle to go ride.

- Do you know cities around Whistler that would be more affordable?

- Would it be easier to find a job outside Whistler? Will it be hard to find a job in Whistler?

- Is there a place directly in Whistler to live, especially for guys like us that don't want to pay a lot? What about Whistler Staff Housing?

- Are there employment agencies in Whistler?

Thank you all for your help, hope to ride together next summer! Big Grin

Posted: Apr 11, 2012 at 19:19 Quote
Need another roommate? haha

Posted: Apr 11, 2012 at 21:17 Quote
spbmx wrote:
Need another roommate? haha

Just ask your friends, I guess that there are a lot of people out there waiting to go in Whistler!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014677
Mobile Version of Website