Maxle DH 20mm Problems

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Maxle DH 20mm Problems
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 4:08 Quote
Just went to hand tighten my new Maxle 20mm DH, and the thread on the internal skewer snapped clean, anyone else had any problems with this?

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 22:25 Quote
yup did it today how did you solve your problem?

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 11:02 Quote
I ended up having to get a new axle, couldnt find the skewer online anywhere £50 down the drain...

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 12:03 Quote
By the way, you aren't supposed to even do the locking bolt hand tight, you're supposed to so it until you hear 8 clicks IIRC (so less than finger-tight).

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 13:26 Quote
mistercrabb wrote:
By the way, you aren't supposed to even do the locking bolt hand tight, you're supposed to so it until you hear 8 clicks IIRC (so less than finger-tight).

When i say hand tight, i wasnt cranking it mega hard. And i heard no clicks at all, so i kept turning it. I expected to hear clicks, but heard a snap. Im not a particularly strong guy, but i didnt take a lot of effort to snap it.

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 at 2:09 Quote
Yeah I just bought a new one as well I wasn't cranking it either didn't do it to tight but it wasn't ard to snap

FL
Posted: Jun 27, 2012 at 6:03 Quote
mistercrabb wrote:

sounds stupid but if when you undo them, if you loosen it too much. On mine when you then do it back up again. you feel some clicks, then after a few you hear and feel them.

do you start counting 8 from when you can hear them (as it can keep going after 8 audible clicks )

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 7:26 Quote
Hey guys, my skewer snapped today too. anyone know the skewer and where to get it from? (its a maxle dh as well)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010386
Mobile Version of Website