Biker/Walker Relations - does this mean war?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Biker/Walker Relations - does this mean war?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 28, 2012 at 9:52 Quote
Okay so i know walkers and bikers arnt always friendly towards one another, but in Bury, Manchester their is a strong comunity of both. I say the walkers have it good, we dont change trails or build jumps just ride them naturally. and stop to let them pass. BUT recently the walkers have been less than co-operative. I havent seen this for myself but close friends and family have, Over the past month they have took action to stop us riding. So far, a log has been placed over a trail, (Though it didnt stop anyone, they just hopped over it, but its clear what its perpose was) Glass has been smashed over a trail (i would usually say this could have been down to yobs but bikers caught them in the act and surposedly the police are aware of this.) and today, they got really cunning and strung a cable or line across a trail (this was found by my dad but he didnt say what sort of type of strenght cable it was.) The place we ride isnt a no bike zone and we deserve equally rights and not to be bullied out of our loacal trails.

I just want to know, if i should, How do i retaliate? This is completely unfair and out of order never mind dangerous. If walkers are becomeing a problem in your area let me know how your handleing it.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 at 18:39 Quote
FlethcherL wrote:
Okay so i know walkers and bikers arnt always friendly towards one another, but in Bury, Manchester their is a strong comunity of both. I say the walkers have it good, we dont change trails or build jumps just ride them naturally. and stop to let them pass. BUT recently the walkers have been less than co-operative. I havent seen this for myself but close friends and family have, Over the past month they have took action to stop us riding. So far, a log has been placed over a trail, (Though it didnt stop anyone, they just hopped over it, but its clear what its perpose was) Glass has been smashed over a trail (i would usually say this could have been down to yobs but bikers caught them in the act and surposedly the police are aware of this.) and today, they got really cunning and strung a cable or line across a trail (this was found by my dad but he didnt say what sort of type of strenght cable it was.) The place we ride isnt a no bike zone and we deserve equally rights and not to be bullied out of our loacal trails.

I just want to know, if i should, How do i retaliate? This is completely unfair and out of order never mind dangerous. If walkers are becomeing a problem in your area let me know how your handleing it.

Police every time. Never get cuaght up in a tit-fot-tat fight as chances are that as soon as you do something they'll run to the police.
Best course of action is to document everything and back it up with photos whenever possible. Report all instances to the police, no matter how minute they may appear. Also, get in touch with whoever runs the woodland (Forestry Commision, etc) and let them know what's happening.
Never stoop to their level, that just makes you as bad as them, and remeber, this is probably a small group, so don't become prejudiced and assume all walkers are the same.

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 22:45 Quote
Biker Walker Realations It can't say , Biker and Walker both are use the road area for visit this not a mean of the war , may be it is not.But i want to know about this more information that why it is a war . walker and Biker use diffrent space , walker uses the foot path on the road this new york home health care is interesting i want to know more about this. thanks a lot for sharing.

Posted: Jul 18, 2012 at 15:37 Quote
A rider got seriously hurt by a Clothesline that was strung across a trail and he was in hospital for 4 days, he made it into the newspaper and the perpotrator was fined £600. He's out of pocket for a week or so, The rider is scarred for life. not at all fair but you should always report it to the squeakers.

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 4:04 Quote
Be careful not to generalize about all walkers based upon the actions of just one or two crazy people. Rather than "war", what is needed is legal action against the person who deliberately injured another person.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011327
Mobile Version of Website