Rock Shox Lyrik air to coil conversion. What parts to buy?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rock Shox Lyrik air to coil conversion. What parts to buy?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 5:57 Quote
brandon96 wrote:
Alright, I did the conversion and put the correct oil in and almost everything is good. The fork feels amazing and I also have the floodgate mod done......

I have not done the upgrade yet so I wouldn't know but you should message masioniverscass above, he was helpful with me. So what is the big difference between lyric solo air and the coil conversion? What do you feel?

Posted: Dec 21, 2015 at 16:43 Quote
The conversion to coil how much money did it cost ya? And how much oil and weight is needed??
Thanks

Posted: Dec 22, 2015 at 17:22 Quote
I am also interested in the price of converting solo air to coil.

Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 22:40 Quote
I would say that parts are about 70 $. If your travel changes 160 -> 170 mm it was 5 ml of oil more on damper side and oil for lowers ofc. But you could full service while your at it. And switch to new lyrik seals,. You can find part numbers from spare parts catalog from SRAM.com. Hope this helps you and happy Xmas ????

Posted: Jul 29, 2016 at 7:33 Quote
Has anyone done this the other way round? Coil to air???

Posted: Aug 4, 2016 at 11:23 Quote
Heya, bit late but usually not recommended. Spring might have scratched inside of stanchions and air can pass the piston. Aka not working.

- Hellsten

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 3:36 Quote
Hey guys, I have an '07 lyrik 160mm 2step air, I have looked into how to convert to coil but if my memory is correct I think I've only seen a spring in the 170mm, is that too much or is that what everyone is getting? I know my fork is old and I cant get another one due to my '07 Heckler that has a 1 1/8" straight head tube, yes there are options for a new fork of that size but I don't want to shorten my travel or get XC stanchions.

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 13:08 Quote
Ok so I may have come along a bit late but I've recently grabbed some 08 lyrik 2 step airs that need some love, my choice is either send for service or pinch the rebound damper and coil side from my 160mm domain 318s. I know the rebound will be fine( lyriks oil drips to bottom of fork as tested with floodgate) but just wanted to check that the domain coil side will fit no worries. Both are 160mm forks, I've also removed the plastic sleeve from domains ready for lyriks just in case I want 2step again lol. Any and all help gladly appreciated

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026832
Mobile Version of Website