Neck braces

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 20:21 Quote
Hello ladies,
I was wondering how many of you have neck braces and what you think of them. I have been thinking about getting one for a while, but would like to know which ones you have. The first Leatt one I tried on was big and didn't fit right... the one that did was the small which is rated for a much smaller height/weight than I am. I think that fit would be more important. Are there any other brands that you have tried or do you just not ride with one?

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 10:32 Quote
Cazza21 wrote:
Hello ladies,
I was wondering how many of you have neck braces and what you think of them. I have been thinking about getting one for a while, but would like to know which ones you have. The first Leatt one I tried on was big and didn't fit right... the one that did was the small which is rated for a much smaller height/weight than I am. I think that fit would be more important. Are there any other brands that you have tried or do you just not ride with one?

I have been thinking of getting one as well...but I'm not keen on giving up my upper body armour. I have heard that some of the braces can be made to fit with some of the armour out there though. I'm old and get hurt easily! My upper body armour is constantly keeping me from injuring myself or preventing worse injuries.Confused

Posted: Apr 10, 2012 at 4:29 Quote
I've been checking out neck braces as well. I'm riding more advanced runs so it seems like the way to go.

If your going to go the leatt route, most people I''ve spoken to recommend dbx comp II. Its more expensive than the dbx ride but it has alot more adjustments to accomodate different chest sizes and also allows you to adjust how much you can tilt your head forward and back. The dbx ride version is kind of a one size fits all type thing. If it fits you, thats great, but if you just cant get it to feel right there isnt much you can do. The riders that have the dbx comp II are happy with it. Its comfortable, unobtrusive and makes people think you know what you're doing lol.

The bottom line for me is the dbx comp II Its more affordable than the carbon leatt and feels light (I need a size small)

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 at 17:10 Quote
I ride with a leatt. It's the moto one. I had to ditch my dainese because my neck is too short to accomodate the armour and leatt. I don't notice wearing the leatt at all, if you get one though make sure you get the one that lets you make size adjustments though. It's worth it, I have put it to the test in a bad crash. I had a prety sweet bruise on my back from the leatt and in my opinion it surely did its job.

Posted: Apr 15, 2012 at 7:15 Quote
Thanks for your input. I don't wear upper armour (I know, I should, but I found when I did I rode less because I was overheating) so that won,t be an issue. But I will for sure look into the adjustable Leatt.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014399
Mobile Version of Website