Describe "that feeling"

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Describe "that feeling"
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 2:48 Quote
Recently, some of my none-biking friends have seen some pictures of me riding aswell as a few videos (NWD7). They asked me why people risked life and limb (mainly only limb risking for me at the mo) to do that kind of stuff.

My best answer was, "for, you know, that feeling you get".

And it's been annoying me ever since, so...

How would you describe "that feeling" ?

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 3:06 Quote
fear, that slowly turns into a feeling of accomplishment.

Normally an uncertain feeling in the stomach that turns into a numbness that climbs your spine.

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 3:28 Quote
I'd say it was the adrenaline rush that I liked, it's like a drug, you just cant get enough of it. Thats also the reason why you start getting annoyed when you havent ridden for ages.

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 4:55 Quote
To any mountain biker it is the greatest feeling in the world, yet the hardest to describe. The joy, feeling of accomplishment, that few seconds of absolute bliss, the pure adrenaline rush experienced when your doing what you love and aspire to never stop doing just that. It's like why do people climb Mt Everest, why some will dedicate endless hours to help better our world and why some spend their entire lives helping others without even a split-second thought of getting something in return. Everyone will have their own different description of this feeling, and no one will ever be wrong. I hope this will give at least a little bit of an insight into this feeling, but only you can ever find out for yourself just exactly what this feeling is to you.

Now i'm gunna stop my dribbling before i get a bit out of hand!! lol Big Grin

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 7:49 Quote
c*nto wrote:

Normally an uncertain feeling in the stomach that turns into a numbness that climbs your spine.

Kinda like that, its like, i look back at this wall of rock and dirt, and i think, man i just dropped off that, nothing matters aroundme, for all i know i could be on fire and id still remain standing, my stomache feels like theres an explosion going on deep inside, my spine tingles all the way up my neck, my legs go limp and i scream in acomplishment, its like winning the lottery .. or at least the closest feeling i have to it.

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 12:39 Quote
For me it's a feeling of excitement, adrenaline, anxiety, fear. I'm a dirt jumper. I went for the biggest jump i've ever done and did it perfectly the first time. Its a two set. But the second time i overshot the first and didnt make the second. I had such an adrenaline rush. I face cased the second one fell to the ground landing on my back on a jagged rock. I was up within half a second asking is my bike ok. It was such an adrenaline rush i didn't even feel it. To me its a feeling of 100% freedom!

Cam

FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 13:43 Quote
For me its that feeling when every thing in the world stops and death and destruction and personal worries are gone like a huge weight off my back

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 15:59 Quote
It's all about the adrenaline rush. Getting the body pumped with endorphins is addicting. That, and being out in the mountains with no cars or pavement is a liberating feeling.

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 17:20 Quote
i love the feeling just being in the air looking down your straight ahead and just wondering what's happening next.

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 17:31 Quote
i enjoy the feeling you get while you are on the air or doing some street moves because in thoes seconds or fraction of seconds you forget every problem that you or the world has you are like in an other world where nothing else matters, nothing exept you and your bike. personaly i would consider freeriding as some sort of meditation or strees manager

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 17:33 Quote
c*nto wrote:

That is very poetic. I like it.

I like the feeling of accomplishment, and pushing my limits and boundaries. Getting an adrenaline inside of me, making me feel complete and happy. My bike is my sense of freedom. It has healed and helped me sort out a lot of things.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 17:43 Quote
for me its the feeling that the fear is going to take over untill you acctually set up and make the hit and get the overwhelming confidence

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 17:50 Quote
the feeling i like most is when something is going terribly wrong, but then you save it in a way that actually looks cool... like coming off a dj nose heavy and then riding down the landing on the front wheel Wink

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 10:18 Quote
I mountain bike because I'm forever chasing what I've already found. Solitude, when your run is coming together perfect, and it seems like everything is silent. The only sound is your heartbeat. Then your riding buddy lets out a hoot of excitment reeling you back into reality. Thats why I ride

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011374
Mobile Version of Website