Your opinion on the best bars.... 1/2'' or 1'' rise? and how long

PB Forum :: Downhill
Your opinion on the best bars.... 1/2'' or 1'' rise? and how long
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 19:54 Quote
The title says it all. I'm wanting to get some new bars for my bike but cant decide on what to get, I was even thinking of flat bars. I do like to jump so wasn't sure of the best kind for my riding. Any thoughts would be great.
Thanks

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 19:57 Quote
its all personal prference

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 15:17 Quote
I put Raceface Atlas Freeride (FR) bars on my bike. No idea what rise they are, i think you just get used to it whatever. But it was the extra 5cm each end (had 680mm before) which made a difference for me. So if you haven't already make sure you go wide. And the bars i mentioned above are the best IMO.

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 13:57 Quote
willy94 wrote:
its all personal prference

literally ALL personal preference. With a dash of current trends.

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 19:42 Quote
Thanks guys, I'll look into it.

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 1:13 Quote
cant go wrong with race face atlas bars! nice and wide, nice and low. and the range of colours is awesome because thats all that matters now.

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 7:36 Quote
pierrek wrote:
I put Raceface Atlas Freeride (FR) bars on my bike. No idea what rise they are, i think you just get used to it whatever. But it was the extra 5cm each end (had 680mm before) which made a difference for me. So if you haven't already make sure you go wide. And the bars i mentioned above are the best IMO.
Yep same here loving those bars but since I got lower stem I reckon flat might be cool but had to be WIDE

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 13:20 Quote
I have been super happy with my Atlas FR bars to make a productive comment. I'd just get something super wide, then cut them down till it feels perfect to you.

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 22:16 Quote
if you have no idea what to get, get a middle rise wide bar, mess with the crown height till your where you want to be. Also make sure to slide the grips in and ride before actually cutting.

FL
Posted: Apr 10, 2012 at 9:42 Quote
I'm running element flats and can't rate them highly enough, the finish is sublime and they have put up with a right hammering over the last 2 years, those paired with a direct mount stem are fantastic. Even better (due to the finish) than my bros atlas flats and you can rotate them slightly to give you a little upsweep if thats what you want

Posted: Apr 10, 2012 at 13:34 Quote
Thanks a lot fellas. I'll look into it

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013850
Mobile Version of Website