Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: May 4, 2017 at 11:00 Quote
I'm looking into possibly purchasing the Mega 290 Comp - anybody have one?
I haven't really found any good reviews on this specific model. Would love to hear from someone who has first-hand experience riding it.

I'm into all-mountain/enduro style riding, but I'm not necessarily a super aggressive rider. The 290 Race some likes great spec for the money. Just looking for some opinions.

Thanks

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 3:02 Quote
azodnemttam wrote:
I haven't really found any good reviews on this specific model. Would love to hear from someone who has first-hand experience riding it.

I'm into all-mountain/enduro style riding, but I'm not necessarily a super aggressive rider. The 290 Race some likes great spec for the money. Just looking for some opinions.

Thanks
tbh dude , just read the last few pages on this thread.
It's all about the mega.

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 3:10 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
azodnemttam wrote:

Thanks
tbh dude , just read the last few pages on this thread.
It's all about the mega.

The 290 rocks...apart from needing some tune time on the Monarch I cant see what else you would need to do to the bike except put on your preferred tyres/grips/saddle and set it up tubeless...the rims are wide enough and the chainring is even a 30. I haven't got a clue about that dropper though.

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 0:57 Quote
nugeproof mega 275 large rs lyrik 160mm
nukeproof mega 275 large rs lyrik 160mm
nukeproof mega 275 large

waiting to get into the mood for repairing my reverb. amazing bike !!!!!!!!!

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 1:44 Quote
@munakorva yeah boiii, awesome bike. Best colour too

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 3:08 Quote
Best new mega i've seen so far. Lucky guy!

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 4:39 Quote
photo

Here's my dirty piggy! Smile

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 6:55 Quote
@brigand
@murnakorva

Stealthy shock and Forks?
HV cans on the Shock?

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 7:00 Quote
What about my Naomi?

photo

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 12:24 Quote
HV on mine with 2 or 3 tokens, it's an older shock with regular and not regressive damping so it works great on the frame. Fork is X-Fusion Vengeance HLR air with 170mm travel, matches the shock nicely performance wise. I have a Syncross Dropper 2.0 on test, 120mm drop with cartridge and stealth routing, so far it's good.

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
What about my Naomi?

photo

She's very nice indeed Smile

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 13:27 Quote
Any of you gets got ideas on bottle cage, im on a mega 2016 model I know you can put one too the underside of the frame

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 2:47 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
@brigand
@murnakorva

Stealthy shock and Forks?
HV cans on the Shock?

I dont like fork or shock stickers that much. Should get rid of my rim stickers too!

Fork is 2017 160mm soloair lyrik. 3 volume spacers
Shock is stock Monarch Plus rc3 that comes with frameset. Hi volume can yes. 6 volume rings

Mccrystal1234 wrote:
Any of you gets got ideas on bottle cage, im on a mega 2016 model I know you can put one too the underside of the frame

Im using Fabric bottle with those small stud mounts. Works nicely for keeping the bottle under the frame, without having a real cage.. I dont like to carry backbag and normal size cage under the frame is a bit clumsy. And I dont like to screw and unscrew that normal cage all the time for different kind of riding days and sessions. Fabric is a great compromise. Hope it will last tho.

It would be great if the frame design would allow normal cage. Even tho Im pretty much riding session based. bottle cage inside the frame is still nice feature.

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 1:50 Quote
Hi....anybody wanna swap a 2012 scalp for a mega?

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 10:39 Quote
Any of you guys rocking a 2017 Mega 275 Race? Just ordered a large and I'm 6.1 in 510's. Seemed like a good fit it the shop. The cockpit seems ever so slightly short when seated, but I'm coming from a Scott Gambler and was assuming that once in attack position, things will open up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030710
Mobile Version of Website