Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
O+
Posted: May 12, 2017 at 10:46 Quote
Facescab wrote:
Any of you guys rocking a 2017 Mega 275 Race? Just ordered a large and I'm 6.1 in 510's. Seemed like a good fit it the shop. The cockpit seems ever so slightly short when seated, but I'm coming from a Scott Gambler and was assuming that once in attack position, things will open up.

I've had mine for about a month now. At just over 6'2" I got the XL. I'm glad I did. I was cramped on a large Specialized Enduro. I have a pretty big wingspan though. Overall, I love the bike. I hate climbing in general, so I can't really comment on that besides that climbing sucks for me on any bike. Point it down and it's a mini dh machine. I got a chance to hit up some decent size drops and jumps the other day, and I was as comfortable as I would be on my DH bike. I did swap out the rear shock to the Monarch RT3 Debonair. I also swapped the tires out to some Maxxis DHF 2.5's.

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
Facescab wrote:
Any of you guys rocking a 2017 Mega 275 Race? Just ordered a large and I'm 6.1 in 510's. Seemed like a good fit it the shop. The cockpit seems ever so slightly short when seated, but I'm coming from a Scott Gambler and was assuming that once in attack position, things will open up.

I've had mine for about a month now. At just over 6'2" I got the XL. I'm glad I did. I was cramped on a large Specialized Enduro. I have a pretty big wingspan though. Overall, I love the bike. I hate climbing in general, so I can't really comment on that besides that climbing sucks for me on any bike. Point it down and it's a mini dh machine. I got a chance to hit up some decent size drops and jumps the other day, and I was as comfortable as I would be on my DH bike. I did swap out the rear shock to the Monarch RT3 Debonair. I also swapped the tires out to some Maxxis DHF 2.5's.

All my bikes have been a large and I thought that was the way to. I think I made the right choice. At 6'2 and a bit, an XL is a no brainer. Glad you like it.

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 12:34 Quote
I'm 6'1 and large feels perfect in attack position and shortish when seated, but i'll rather have steep seatangle over roomy but slack. Although the reach sounds big at 460 the bike feels just right, it's stable yet you can throw it arround when needed. Hope it helps Smile

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
brigand wrote:
I'm 6'1 and large feels perfect in attack position and shortish when seated, but i'll rather have steep seatangle over roomy but slack. Although the reach sounds big at 460 the bike feels just right, it's stable yet you can throw it arround when needed. Hope it helps Smile

Sweet! Just I wanted to hear. Well looking forward to it.

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 1:17 Quote
Same non shocking shock news!

Now, after 12 hours of riding and getting into the rear travel world, it is easy to agree that stock monarch plus rc3 M/L shock is not suitable for capacity of the whole bike. 6 volume rings and its still too soft boiled. No feedback. Just lazy without real feeling in the rear.

For the comparison. Kona process 153, with much "weaker" stock Monarch Rt and random fast settings, felt more assertive than this stock setup in Mega. Even with much effort put into the Mega shock.

But I didnt fret about it any longer, just ordered custom tune time for the shock right away.

Hopefully after that I can get out the full potential of this great feeling geometry.

Happy riding everyone!

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 7:41 Quote
Does anyone have a mega 290 frame they were thinking of selling? Because you have a buyer.

Posted: May 23, 2017 at 4:44 Quote
Hey guys, do any of you lot know what size the rear brake mounts are on a 2014 pulse, I want to run hope v4, and need to know if I need a plus 20mm or what?
Help appreciated

Posted: May 28, 2017 at 16:05 Quote
Couple new photos from this weekend. Hells Gate Wilderness Arizona USA.
photo
photo

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 13:32 Quote
I have just purchased a Nukeproof Mega 275 frame. Want to use it for shuttle days and park rides, but still have a bike that can go up.
Question I have is - will this bike work with a coil shock?
Was looking at the EXT Storia shock.
Looking at the various reviews of the Mega seems like a common theme is having to put volume spacers into the air can to make it more progressive.
This has me concerned that a coil may be too linear.
I have tried getting info direct from Nukeproof, but they haven't replied.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 0:23 Quote
Hi guys,

Glad I found this thread, lots of great reading.

So after riding a friends Mega Pro 290, I’m now convinced it’s the bike for me. Took a while to re-calibrate the brain with the extra amount of speed I was carrying and the need to turn in little earlier than I do on my current Lapierre Zesty 650b.

I'm now on the lookout for a lightly used 2016 Mega 290, either just a frameset and do a custom build (always the most expensive way of doing it) or get a complete Comp, Pro or Team and upgrade.

My question is, does anyone know the official weight of each of the Mega's in the 2016 range? I asked Nukeproof but no response. I believe the Comp is pretty heavy at 33lbs, but the Pro comes in at much more respectable 28,5lbs. What about the team, is it lighter again, or is it fitted with beefier components, as you often find in the top of the range model and therefore a little heavier.

Where does all the weight on the Comp sit? Wheels, tyres and drivetrain?

Also, does anyone think Nukeproof may release a carbon Mega frameset this year?

Thanks in advance.

Graeme

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 1:38 Quote
Nukeproof is not interested in making a carbon fame and good for them! There are only a couple of carbon bikes out there worth buying and for the right price!

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 1:52 Quote
photo
Jwam wrote:
I have just purchased a Nukeproof Mega 275 frame. Want to use it for shuttle days and park rides, but still have a bike that can go up.
Question I have is - will this bike work with a coil shock?
Was looking at the EXT Storia shock.
Looking at the various reviews of the Mega seems like a common theme is having to put volume spacers into the air can to make it more progressive.
This has me concerned that a coil may be too linear.
I have tried getting info direct from Nukeproof, but they haven't replied.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks

Hi mate I've recently gone to a coil on my mega 275, a Cane Creek double barrel. It took a lot of setting up but now it's done it's absolutely phenomenal. Best upgrade I've ever done on any bike. The uphills aren't too bad, but obviously not as good as a locked out air shock. I'm not sure about the EXT but most coil shocks have to be run upside down/back to front on the mega, except the CCDB. There's lots of info on it a few pages back. Anyway definitely get a coil you won't regret it!

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 2:48 Quote
Look at lightening up your unsprung mass before you look at sprung mass (Carbon frame) Weight isn't the be all, end all!

On that note Sam hill was on a carbon front end metric mega at EWS I believe

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018921
Mobile Version of Website