Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 23:31 Quote
Which Headset is Perfect for my Nukeproof Mega TR 275 (2015) Frame (Headtube Da: 44mm) ? My Forks Steerer is 1.5 Straight.

As per Nukeproof's Advice Warhead 44EEOS Headset Stockout from Chainreaction.
Any Alternative headset available?

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 12:42 Quote
micha81 wrote:
brigand wrote:
Looks amazing!

Thanks man, hope you are coming to Zlatibor on the 20th, you'll be able to see the bike live there, and take him for a Đir if you want Wink Big Grin

Hahaha, whish i could but can't make it. But season ender i will not skip Wink Have a great time in Zlatibor!

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 12:43 Quote
Muellbeutel wrote:
photo

Oh, Formula, is it Selva or 35?

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 14:44 Quote
Is there some one who knows what color the stripes on the scout 275 black and lime 2017 frame, I think it's a yellow neon, but I'm really not sure

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 2:15 Quote
Hi, is anyone using a monarch plus debonair on a 2017 mega instead of the stock hv can?
If yes i would appreciate any info as to how you have it set up, thanks guys.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 8:47 Quote
reaper76 wrote:
Hi, is anyone using a monarch plus debonair on a 2017 mega instead of the stock hv can?

I'm not so feel free to ignore me...But I did spend quite a bit of time trying to find the perfect shock setup on the Mega (290).

At the time I was using a HV can with no volume reducers set to around 25% sag to keep it up in the mid stroke. This was as good as it got with the HV for me.
Now I'm on a different bike but having the same issues as I had with the Mega (lack of midstroke). I've found that the same idea works well (lower sag and full volume) with the Debonair shock im currently using to provide some midstroke. The only difference is the Debonair's large negative chamber seems to take a bit more sting out of the top stroke when running lower sag.
If I went back to a Mega now the first thing I'd try would be a Debonair, full volume and 25% sag.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 10:30 Quote
Cheers, I'm running 30% sag with 2 bands in at the moment but thinking of adding more bands.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 13:37 Quote
ThomDawson wrote:
reaper76 wrote:

I'm not so feel free to ignore me...But I did spend quite a bit of time trying to find the perfect shock setup on the Mega (290).

At the time I was using a HV can with no volume reducers set to around 25% sag to keep it up in the mid stroke. This was as good as it got with the HV for me.
Now I'm on a different bike but having the same issues as I had with the Mega (lack of midstroke). I've found that the same idea works well (lower sag and full volume) with the Debonair shock im currently using to provide some midstroke. The only difference is the Debonair's large negative chamber seems to take a bit more sting out of the top stroke when running lower sag.
If I went back to a Mega now the first thing I'd try would be a Debonair, full volume and 25% sag.

Ditto for the Debonair, I did better with the HV but I'm over 100kgs

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 8:44 Quote
brigand wrote:
Muellbeutel wrote:
photo

170mm 650b thirtyfive with a red CTS unit. Great Fork! Im running the bike with 26" wheels and a -2 Angleset. Really happy. :-)

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 10:49 Quote
Muellbeutel wrote:
brigand wrote:
Muellbeutel wrote:
photo

170mm 650b thirtyfive with a red CTS unit. Great Fork! Im running the bike with 26" wheels and a -2 Angleset. Really happy. :-)

Thing is hawt man!

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 0:06 Quote
The old industrial look is so much better than the new one!

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 10:15 Quote
Has anyone removed the bottom frame bearing on a 2016/17 Pulse? I tried inserting hex wrenches on botch sides and then turning in opposite directions (just like on the upper bearings), but it won't budge. When I insert a hex wrench on one side and turn it, everything moves freely. Does it sit VERY tightly or is there another way to do this? I'd rather ask first than destroy something Smile

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 15:38 Quote
Hetman64 wrote:
Has anyone removed the bottom frame bearing on a 2016/17 Pulse? I tried inserting hex wrenches on botch sides and then turning in opposite directions (just like on the upper bearings), but it won't budge. When I insert a hex wrench on one side and turn it, everything moves freely. Does it sit VERY tightly or is there another way to do this? I'd rather ask first than destroy something Smile
Put a pipe on each Allen key for extra leverage, it should come undone

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 18:06 Quote
How do you all honestly feel about mega 290's ability in tighter trails?

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 2:51 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
How do you all honestly feel about mega 290's ability in tighter trails?

I'm on an XL and I would say its the wheelbase (1246mm) not the bike/geometry that can be an issue.

Provided I ride correctly I don't have an issue. At very low speeds it is tricky if you stall. The flip/flop feel of slack long travel steering does not seem as prevalent as many suggest

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018534
Mobile Version of Website