Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 0:30 Quote
We always had the same knock feeling about 1/3 through the travel on a 2015 mega!

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 1:03 Quote
A friend of mine has a Monarch Deb from 2015 that exhibits a similar knock. We stripped it but couldn’t see an issue. Now believe it is something in the damper body (something to do with the shim preload and adjustment via external compression lever?) which we opened but didn’t inspect as well as we ought to as it ‘looked’ ok and we were rushed. This is on a Canyon Spectral bought second hand - assumed it is just passed its best. Surprised to hear it seems to be the same thing from new. I’d be going straight to warranty dpt.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 2:33 Quote
dirtyburitto wrote:
SpiderSL wrote:
timsim07 wrote:
@SpiderSL could be the frame bearings or a loose bolt? Have you tried keeping the bike still and lifting from around the seat clamp? You might be able to see a bolt or part of the linkage wobbling
Thanks I've checked and double checked .I've All so removed shock and the frame is as smooth as butter. Put shock back in and clunk but I've noticed the clunk stops when you flick the blue lever to pedal seems likely a shock issue but I shall ride it in and hopefully it will bed in and stop .

I have noticed that and I'm not sure if it's an issue with other super deluxe shocks or just how the linkage is designed on the Mega.
It doesn't worry me and is completely unnoticeable out on the trail but would be interested to find the cause.
Other than that the bike is perfect. It is deadly fast downhill, I've been hitting PR's every ride. I'm surprised how well it climbs for an aggressive enduro sled too
Thanks ..... I'm running 25%sag and would think it's less noticable with 30% sag so will try that . I did contact my dealer about this and been told to keep and eye on it

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 2:55 Quote
dirtyburitto wrote:
SpiderSL wrote:
timsim07 wrote:
@SpiderSL could be the frame bearings or a loose bolt? Have you tried keeping the bike still and lifting from around the seat clamp? You might be able to see a bolt or part of the linkage wobbling
Thanks I've checked and double checked .I've All so removed shock and the frame is as smooth as butter. Put shock back in and clunk but I've noticed the clunk stops when you flick the blue lever to pedal seems likely a shock issue but I shall ride it in and hopefully it will bed in and stop .

I have noticed that and I'm not sure if it's an issue with other super deluxe shocks or just how the linkage is designed on the Mega.
It doesn't worry me and is completely unnoticeable out on the trail but would be interested to find the cause.
Other than that the bike is perfect. It is deadly fast downhill, I've been hitting PR's every ride. I'm surprised how well it climbs for an aggressive enduro sled too
The blue lever on the rear shock ... does yours click to pedal and lock mode then NO click when you push it back to open mode from full lock ?

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 3:37 Quote
^
That's normal with monarchs/deluxes

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 23:00 Quote
It was time to tear-down and replace the bearings and bb. Been a year since I bought the bike and figured what the heck, might as well get new wheels also. Pretty stoked to take it out tomorrow. Serviced the fork and shock while I had it in pieces. Should be better than new. Wheels were built by Fanatik Bike. I9 hubs, DT Comp spokes, DT brass nipples, Nobl TR-36 rims. Love this bike
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 5:10 Quote
THAT thing is a beast Drool

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 13:50 Quote
One of the best looking megs I've seen

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 14:45 Quote
Thanks for the kind words! Only thing driving me crazy is I screwed up and ordered the flanged SKF fork seals and should have got the flangeless. I don't think it's a problem, but they seat about 1.5mm higher than the flangeless. I've heard you can damage the lowers trying to pound a flangeless seal into a lower designed for flanged, but nothing negative for what I did besides losing some accuracy setting sag. Anyone here have any input? I ordered the correct ones but plan to put some miles on these in the meantime.

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 14:48 Quote
Btw, is it torturing anyone's OCD that I run XX1 cassette, XTR shifter derailleur, kmc chain, and Truvativ (sram) crankset? Lol

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 17:40 Quote
MikeAzBS wrote:
Btw, is it torturing anyone's OCD that I run XX1 cassette, XTR shifter derailleur, kmc chain, and Truvativ (sram) crankset? Lol

Haha didn't notice that - just love the xtr which is a classy component choice. Great bike. Best colour!

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 19:20 Quote
bigburd wrote:

Agree! Amazing build and color combos!

Is that a large frame? 9lbs?

Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
Ed284 wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Agree! Amazing build and color combos!

Is that a large frame? 9lbs?

Yes it is a large, on a more precise scale its 8.7 with a bottom bracket and headset.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025063
Mobile Version of Website