The M is for Medium
Had it on my mega as well

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 15:04 Quote
Lurch-ECD wrote:
The M is for Medium
Had it on my mega as well

Cheers dude..was 99% sure but just wanted to be 100%

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 15:24 Quote
Just a few pics of my new nukeproof pulse I picked up this week.
Size medium
Standard..I think besides bars and saddle.
Got it booked in for a service Monday just to freshen it all up...
Now just gotta sort out my broken ribs and I'm ready to go

New nukeproof pulse
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 0:39 Quote
Nice man I have that exact frame with a cane creek double barrel, beast of a bike

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 14:51 Quote
skiboy86 wrote:
Hi there , I am looking at purchasing a Nuke Mega 275 Team (2016) . I am going to be using it on forest trails and a little bit of downhill !! Any owners out there can that can recommend this model ? Thanks Don ...
you need a 2018 mega dont bother with 2016.....lol

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 10:10 Quote
Rags110 wrote:
skiboy86 wrote:
Hi there , I am looking at purchasing a Nuke Mega 275 Team (2016) . I am going to be using it on forest trails and a little bit of downhill !! Any owners out there can that can recommend this model ? Thanks Don ...

What’s the difference? A close-out deal on a 2016/17 mega would be much better than a brand new 2018 one (price vs content)

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 10:35 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
Rags110 wrote:
skiboy86 wrote:

What’s the difference? A close-out deal on a 2016/17 mega would be much better than a brand new 2018 one (price vs content)

One reason to get the 2018 over the others would be parts availability all megas older than 2018 don't have metric shocks or boost spacing who knows if manufacturers will choose to mainly support boost and metric but some parts you would prefer may be unavailable in sizes to fit the older models FYI I have a 2017 mega 290

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 18:31 Quote
[Quote=
One reason to get the 2018 over the others would be parts availability all megas older than 2018 don't have metric shocks or boost spacing who knows if manufacturers will choose to mainly support boost and metric but some parts you would prefer may be unavailable in sizes to fit the older models FYI I have a 2017 mega 290[/Quote]

If anyone wants to let go a 2017 mega 290 frame size Large (shipping to Malaysia) ill be happy to take it
all my parts are non-boost, thats the reason why im not inclined to get the 2018 model.

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 14:37 Quote
well have decided to keep the 2018 frame as it arrived today,swopped over the shimano free hub for a sram 11 speed xd and I'm getting clearence issues from my cassette on the frame... been scratching my had all night ......have taken apart 3 times and still the same.If i loosen the axle i can get it near enough but there is movement side to side of the wheel..!!!

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 14:53 Quote
Rags110 wrote:
well have decided to keep the 2018 frame as it arrived today,swopped over the shimano free hub for a sram 11 speed xd and I'm getting clearence issues from my cassette on the frame... been scratching my had all night ......have taken apart 3 times and still the same.If i loosen the axle i can get it near enough but there is movement side to side of the wheel..!!!
its either that your hub is the wrong spacing, your xd driver is for a differently spaced hub or the cassette is installed wrong . was the hub a snug fit in the dropout ?

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 15:06 Quote
Hub is 148 boost for frame the wheel set is Nukeproof neutron boost,came with shimano free hub so just swopped it for xd all been supplied by chain reaction cycles...saying that the mega comp is running shimano drivetrain being sold as full bike...

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 15:18 Quote
Rags110 wrote:
Hub is 148 boost for frame the wheel set is Nukeproof neutron boost,came with shimano free hub so just swopped it for xd all been supplied by chain reaction cycles...saying that the mega comp is running shimano drivetrain being sold as full bike...
loosening the axle shouldn't allow movement side to side, id measure the hub width with both free hub bodys and compare. i saw your picture of the clearance, if the hub spacing is 148 that cassette cant be seated properly

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 18:28 Quote
Possibly different end caps for the hub with xd driver on it? I’ve had this problem with hope hubs before on a Giant Glory, when I would tighten the axle up it would pull everything together this pressing the smallest cassette ring into the frame. Try having a look at your wheel and if the end cap isn’t sticking out past the smallest ring then it’s an end cap issue!

Hope this helps.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.054455
Mobile Version of Website