ThomDawson wrote:
Travel66 wrote:
Put my Mega up for sale
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2339227/
I just bought another lol
Got the small wheels this time

Mines gone Cry

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 8:07 Quote
My Mega 290 Comp. Few upgrades as below and some set up from Mech Monkey Belfast have it riding sweet. Thing is a tank.

•Nukeproof Horizon wheels set up tubeless
•Maxxis Minion DHF Wide Trail front tyre
•170mm Ascend dropper
•Sunrace 50T cassette
•Stealth fork graphics
•Ergon Grips

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 9:04 Quote
A 170mm Brand-X Ascend? Or typo? Big Grin

Nice sensible ride, cost effective upgrades only where needed tup How much did you pay in total?

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:

Nice sensible ride, cost effective upgrades only where needed tup How much did you pay in total?

Nope, no typo. Brand-X's prototype version. It's coming soon, and I'm pleased to say it's awesome. Very impressive bit of kit and will be priced in line with the existing droppers.

I'm lucky enough to get staff discount, so full bike was very reasonable all in.

Have some 4 pot XT Brakes to go on too, although the factory Deores have been more impressive than I expected.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 10:48 Quote
iian wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:

Nope, no typo. Brand-X's prototype version. It's coming soon, and I'm pleased to say it's awesome. Very impressive bit of kit and will be priced in line with the existing droppers.

I'm lucky enough to get staff discount, so full bike was very reasonable all in.

Have some 4 pot XT Brakes to go on too, although the factory Deores have been more impressive than I expected.

Very cool bike man! Glad to hear brand x have a 170mm post on the way, they’ve become the go-to for knackered oem reverbs around here and not just for the price point.
Shimanos lower end brakes are astonishingly good for the price too but was interested in the 4pots (xt or saint) to see if they have any more modulation so I’d be grateful for some feedback once you’ve ridden those.

I’m just about to put a Double Barrel Air on a 2017 Mega 275...anyone done this? Penny for your thoughts?

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 2:59 Quote
ThomDawson wrote:
Very cool bike man! Glad to hear brand x have a 170mm post on the way, they’ve become the go-to for knackered oem reverbs around here and not just for the price point.
Shimanos lower end brakes are astonishingly good for the price too but was interested in the 4pots (xt or saint) to see if they have any more modulation so I’d be grateful for some feedback once you’ve ridden those.

I’m just about to put a Double Barrel Air on a 2017 Mega 275...anyone done this? Penny for your thoughts?

Cheers Thom. The Brand-X are getting popular for a reason. Cheap, reliable, easy worked on. There's talk of a 200mm option too, but nothing set in stone.

Will reply back when the XT's are on and a few rides in. They're brutes of calipers compared to the Deores.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 13:00 Quote
I need some help on sizing for 2018 Scout 275.

I have 2016 Norco Sasquatch 6.1 with a 100mm Bluto in medium that I find fits me pretty well. It has 760mm bar and 60mm stem on.

Scout 275 has very close, a few mm shorter on average measurements in size M, but is of course with a 140mm fork and a lot slacker head angle, and surely taller stack even though not listed in specs. Another difference is wider 800mm bar that I probably would cut down to the same 760mm as I have right now and a slightly shorter (10mm shorter) 50mm stem).

I should be still getting a Medium Scout correct? Even with taller stack, slacker head angle etc. based on the numbers below. Just want to make sure I won't end up with bike too small. I'm about 5'9" with 31" inseam.

Sasquatch:

Travel: 100
Reach: 428
Stack: 611
HTA: 68
STA: 73
Chainstay: ?
ETT: 615
Seat tube: 430
Head tube: 110
Wheelbase: 1145

Scout:

Travel: 140
Reach: 425
Stack: ?
HTA: 65
STA: 73
Chainstay: 435
ETT: 611
Seat tube: 420
Head tube: 105
Wheelbase: 1154

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 3:30 Quote
For future reference I can confirm the CCDBA fits the Mega 275 with no issues. The right way up and everything.
I’ve seen some CCDB coils fitted so no surprise really but just wanted to confirm for anyone else looking to try. This is a medium frame.
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 3:45 Quote
ThomDawson wrote:
For future reference I can confirm the CCDBA fits the Mega 275 with no issues. The right way up and everything.
I’ve seen some CCDB coils fitted so no surprise really but just wanted to confirm for anyone else looking to try. This is a medium frame.
photo
photo

It also fits the 2016 and 2017 290 models

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 8:22 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
ThomDawson wrote:
photo
photo

It also fits the 2016 and 2017 290 models

I’ve just had preliminary ride at my local mini freeride spot that’s good for testing shocks...not overly impressed to be honest.
How did you find it on the 290?
I’m able to find more control thanks to a (much) wider tuning range but the air spring feels kinda crappy...it is more linear than the Monarch it replaced but that equalisation point in the top stroke feels a bit odd...
I need more time on it but right now considering just trying the double barrel coil instead.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 10:06 Quote
Had the same feeling. Went to a ccdb coil, and now it's awesome.

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 11:36 Quote
I'm rocking the Ascend dropper too, mine came of a Scott bike so it says Syncros, i't has a bit of play but so far simple and good, probably will be getting a longer one soon, mine is only 120mm.

photo

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 5:10 Quote
Anyone fitted a Vivid Air or Vivid Coil to a 2016-17 Mega 275? I know the eye to eye is right just wondering about clearance of that upper shock mount before I get a Mega.

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 7:40 Quote
MattGreenwood wrote:
Anyone fitted a Vivid Air or Vivid Coil to a 2016-17 Mega 275? I know the eye to eye is right just wondering about clearance of that upper shock mount before I get a Mega.

Yup, Sam Hill has. Or rather Jacy has.

It doesn’t fit. Nukeproof told me that they’d (Jacy) removed material off the shock itself in order to fit. This was the vivid coil on his monster truck bike from 2016 I think.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.537156
Mobile Version of Website