Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
ThomDawson wrote:
Don’t they usually announce next years stuff in late summer/ autumn ready for the following season?
Unless they’ve already made brand new moulds after just one season I doubt anything has changed beyond colours and spec.

Just out of interest though what would you like em to change? I think they’ve got the front end and the sizes pretty dialled. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them offer different size chainstays for each size which is something their rivals (YT, etc) have started to do. And given the ally rear ends that ought to be more feasible. Personally I’d welcome that as a short arse!
The B.B. isn’t as low as some so could maybe see a change there..? Shorter seat tubes, especially on the larger sizes...hmm just surprised myself there but there are a few improvements I can see. Anyone got any more ideas?

Useful bottle cage location would be nice ????

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 11:30 Quote
nanoudge99 wrote:
ThomDawson wrote:
Don’t they usually announce next years stuff in late summer/ autumn ready for the following season?
Unless they’ve already made brand new moulds after just one season I doubt anything has changed beyond colours and spec.

Just out of interest though what would you like em to change? I think they’ve got the front end and the sizes pretty dialled. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them offer different size chainstays for each size which is something their rivals (YT, etc) have started to do. And given the ally rear ends that ought to be more feasible. Personally I’d welcome that as a short arse!
The B.B. isn’t as low as some so could maybe see a change there..? Shorter seat tubes, especially on the larger sizes...hmm just surprised myself there but there are a few improvements I can see. Anyone got any more ideas?

Can’t believe I didn’t think of that one myself!

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 11:33 Quote
ThomDawson wrote:
nanoudge99 wrote:
ThomDawson wrote:

Can’t believe I didn’t think of that one myself!
SKS anywhere bottle mounts! Should fit size large and up. Haven’t tried on myself but looks like it would be worth a try.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 5:42 Quote
Hi all,

I just took delivery of my 2018 Mega 275 Comp.

2018 Nukeproof Mega 275 Comp

I haven't ridden it yet but I'm hoping to get out on it this weekend, I can't wait! I've gone over the bike since delivery to check everything is tight and in the right place etc. I've put loctite on the lower shock bolt, anything else I need to look out for before I ride it properly?

It's bone stock at the moment. Short term plans are to change the grips and possibly the seat and convert it to tubeless. After that I'll maybe look at putting a longer dropper on it but otherwise I'm happy with it as it is. I'm coming from a hardtail (admittedly a very nice one!) so I'm looking forward to rediscovering the world of full suspension and going ham at some bikeparks this summer!

2018 Nukeproof Mega 275 Comp

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 7:32 Quote
Looking good! I'm just about to build up up one of those frames this afternoon so would be interested to hear what people have to say too.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:25 Quote
ThomDawson wrote:
Fox Float X2 fits this way up with an offset bushing.
2016 Mega 275 Medium
photo

Which mount did you fit the offset bushing and which offset bushing did you use?

After reading that people fit their Float X2s by mounting it upside down, I tried a DHX2 upside down on my 2017 medium Mega 290. However, the piggy back hits the frame a few mm before the shock hits the bottom out bumper Cry Cry
photo

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:34 Quote
hojong wrote:
ThomDawson wrote:
Fox Float X2 fits this way up with an offset bushing.
2016 Mega 275 Medium
photo

Which mount did you fit the offset bushing and which offset bushing did you use?

After reading that people fit their Float X2s by mounting it upside down, I tried a DHX2 upside down on my 2017 medium Mega 290. However, the piggy back hits the frame a few mm before the shock hits the bottom out bumper Cry Cry
photo

I haven’t actually attempted to mount mine that way up yet but I know for sure an RC4 contacts the frame just the same as your DHX2. I suspected the X2/ DHX2 might have the same issue on some frames.

I’m just using an offset bushing from tisprings.com but any 22.2x8 offset bushing should work.
Stick it in the downtube/ piggyback end of the shock to allow it to clear the shock mounts on the frame.
You’ll want to use one at the other end too if you don’t want to alter the geo. With them opposingly orientated the geo will be maintained.
I’m weird and actually quite like a tall bike so just use the one. It’s not a massive difference.

I really wanted to put a DHX2 on mine but currently have the bike for sale...

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 6:35 Quote
Could not find it quick enough, i need to know if there's a special type of bearing in the mega 2016-2018, range. If you check the following image:

photo

You see on the 4 bearings an extra lip or something. My question is can i get 2x #19 (6902 2RS), 4x #22 (6800 2RS) and 4x #26 (61802) bearings or do I need the kit from nukeproof itself?

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 9:22 Quote
They're listed as a standard bearing but they have a shoulder and an extended inner race, very non-standard bearing... get it from Enduro as the Nukeproof bearing is utter shite

Enduro list it as an F8602 LLU MAX-E (add BO for black oxide coating)

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 11:46 Quote
Ok that's what i thought. Do you maybe have a link or something.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 14:52 Quote
Here you go. These are the bearings for a 2016 Mega 290. I recently purchased them from Real World Cycling.

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/

2 6902-LLU-MAX-BO
4 6800-LLU-MAX-BO
4 F6802-LLU-MAX-E-BO - Flanged

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 23:11 Quote
Ed284 wrote:
Here you go. These are the bearings for a 2016 Mega 290. I recently purchased them from Real World Cycling.

2 6902-LLU-MAX-BO
4 6800-LLU-MAX-BO

wow great, ordered them right away. Expensive kit, but the original one is also like €50

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 8:48 Quote
xremcox wrote:
Ed284 wrote:

2 6902-LLU-MAX-BO
4 6800-LLU-MAX-BO

wow great, ordered them right away. Expensive kit, but the original one is also like €50

Good luck with the process. There is a post a few pages back from someone else on replacing the bearings.

I would recommend being cautious when pressing in the flanged bearings. My first attempt I applied too much pressure and cracked the outer bearing shell.

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 15:09 Quote
i just snapped my top linkage axle bolt on my 2017 nukeproof pulse, wondering if anyone has any links or info on where to get one?
for reference:
https://goo.gl/images/He5t41

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 10:09 Quote
Just got a new(ish) bike mega 290 in large. Unfortunately I have just broken my collarbone and am unable to ride properly for a while.
I want to get a decent set up on the shock and forks before I am fit to ride so I can just go and ride and tweak a little whilst out.
Large frame
Lyric RCT3
Monarch plus RC3 HV
Weight around 85kg

Any suggestions for base settings? Psi? LSC? Etc.

I can't even sit on the bike atm as too painful.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016804
Mobile Version of Website