Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 3:23 Quote
nagaredama wrote:
Has anyone put a coil on their 2018+ Mega 290 yet?

Right now I'm running the RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 with no tokens. I'm 230 lbs and the Super Deluxe without any tokens has been less than stellar. I've been wondering if a coil would be better. Been looking at EXT, Ohlins or CCDB. My one concern is that I might not be able find a spring heavier enough for me.

Thoughts??

Here is the build now.

2018 Nukeproof Mega 290 XL
very nice mate . I have the gold samehill model . How many spacers you useing front and rear ?

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 3:31 Quote
iqbal-achieve wrote:
nagaredama wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
definitely try some tokens, that's exactly what they do. And more sag.... Lower bb for the corners!

We'll see how it feels this weekend. The 2.5 Gnar Dog is in now. Lets see how it goes and I'll report back.

I agree, it does sound like you will benefit from the reduced volume. In very simple terms you’re taking support away from the top (and mid) stroke and adding it to the end stroke. So as said above you should see improved small bump compliance alongside more bottom out resistance.
Only downside for me personally is you’ll also see a reduction in mid stroke support and the bike will tend to ride lower but I think this one is very much preference some like it to sit high and others are happier pushing off the support deeper in the stroke.
I'm all so haveing smaller issues with mine I'm at 25% sag 195psi with 1 token and really like it over the roughest stuff and it loves jumping . Only issue I'm facing is I bottom out often not super harsh but do feel it reach its max . I feel my setup is in its happy place and don't want to spoil that so would adding 2 spacers and running 30% sag offer the same feel but more bottom res ?? Cheers
Look forward to hearing how you get on tup

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 3:42 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
Nukeproof Mega 2019

Got my new bike the other day, loving it so far. feels quite harsh some times may see if removing a token front and rear helps
very nice bike . How many spacers you useing ? I all so swoped the front tyre for the GUM version best tyre setup I've used in years . I'm running 1 spacer in the forks25%sag 87psi 1 spacer in the rear 25% sag 195psi I'm 12stone. May try 2 spacers in the rear with 30% sag as i bottom out often

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 4:30 Quote
Need some help please . Anyone had issues with chain comeing off the biggest jockey wheel and getting stuck ? Sram egal 12speed. Seems the jockey wheel has a design issue to me . I'm raceing Sunday and 3 times the chain has come off . Any idea's?

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 4:42 Quote
SpiderSL wrote:
Need some help please . Anyone had issues with chain comeing off the biggest jockey wheel and getting stuck ? Sram egal 12speed. Seems the jockey wheel has a design issue to me . I'm raceing Sunday and 3 times the chain has come off . Any idea's?

I had that same issue on a Shimano, turns out i had some animal hair stucked and the jockey was not turning freely.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 5:59 Quote
SpiderSL wrote:

Warranty issue if you order a new derailleur it will come with a different design. Mine ate the bearing and cage while sprinting and was warrantied as it's a known issue they were fixing although I waited months for the new ones to come in.Not sure what you can do for race day but thats the long-term solution.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 7:27 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
SpiderSL wrote:

Warranty issue if you order a new derailleur it will come with a different design. Mine ate the bearing and cage while sprinting and was warrantied as it's a known issue they were fixing although I waited months for the new ones to come in.Not sure what you can do for race day but thats the long-term solution.
Thanks ill do warranty claim after race as snatching the net seems like a big issue with no real fix. I've popped a new chain on for the race and fingers crossed

Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 23:34 Quote
nagaredama wrote:

Right now I'm running the RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 with no tokens. I'm 230 lbs and the Super Deluxe without any tokens has been less than stellar. I've been wondering if a coil would be better. Been looking at EXT, Ohlins or CCDB. My one concern is that I might not be able find a spring heavier enough for me.

Thoughts??

Here is the build now.

2018 Nukeproof Mega 290 XL

I'm not sure what it is that you didn't like about your setup, but I am just a couple beers over 230 lbs and have been pretty happy after adding a couple of tokens. I know that I added two tokens, but I can't remember how many were in it when I bought the bike.... If I had to guess, I think there was one in there when I added the extras. That plus all the pressure my little hand pump can handle has gotten me to about 30% sag with only a couple bottom outs on a good ride. My issue was that I felt like the bike was blowing through its last bit of travel instead of ramping up like an air shock should. Now it feels great. Since my issue was that the shock wasn't progressive enough, and I always felt like there was plenty of midstroke support, I have a feeling I wouldn't like a coil on this bike as it wouldn't give me the ramp up I'm looking for.

Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:28 Quote
Any clues to what a 6' 3" Aussie at 94kg plus gear should b doing with my 2018 275Pro. Still struggling with set up a year in but sounds like the less sag option seems to be the go on the rear end. Any other tips really appreciated, and also where do i find these settings posted that you mentioned? Cheers bud

Nukeproofinternational wrote:
nagaredama wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
definitely try some tokens, that's exactly what they do. And more sag.... Lower bb for the corners!

We'll see how it feels this weekend. The 2.5 Gnar Dog is in now. Lets see how it goes and I'll report back.

Here is our EWS athlete Kelan Grants set up that SRAM sorted for him on the stock ML1 tune on the Super Deluxe shock: Kelans 86kg: 186 psi, 1 token, -7 clicks of rebound, open compression

I have put the tune up for the 275c's from Sam and Pager on our website too to help you.

Hope that Helps,
rob

Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:29 Quote
I have replaced an Eagle rear end already - down here in AU they seem to be commonplace. The lower thread in the hanger seems to rip clean out.
SpiderSL wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:
SpiderSL wrote:

Thanks ill do warranty claim after race as snatching the net seems like a big issue with no real fix. I've popped a new chain on for the race and fingers crossed

Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 10:42 Quote
Had a great day raceing on my mega . Setup was flawless and I was off pace due to loosing air out my forks so 12th place for me . Cracking bike size M really does give a play full bike
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 12:37 Quote
SpiderSL wrote:
Had a great day raceing on my mega . Setup was flawless and I was off pace due to loosing air out my forks so 12th place for me . Cracking bike size M really does give a play full bike
the main thing is that your kit and bike match so top marks on that front. 12th is nae bad. How come your fork lost air?

Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 12:55 Quote
browner wrote:
SpiderSL wrote:
the main thing is that your kit and bike match so top marks on that front. 12th is nae bad. How come your fork lost air?
Thanks . I popped a volume spacer in the night before but didn't do the top cap up enough so air slowly leaked out . Lessons learned . Really enjoyed my 2nd ever race

Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 14:47 Quote
[Quote="pacificnorthwet"]
nagaredama wrote:

Thoughts??

Here is the build now.

I'm not sure what it is that you didn't like about your setup, but I am just a couple beers over 230 lbs and have been pretty happy after adding a couple of tokens. I know that I added two tokens, but I can't remember how many were in it when I bought the bike.... If I had to guess, I think there was one in there when I added the extras. That plus all the pressure my little hand pump can handle has gotten me to about 30% sag with only a couple bottom outs on a good ride. My issue was that I felt like the bike was blowing through its last bit of travel instead of ramping up like an air shock should. Now it feels great. Since my issue was that the shock wasn't progressive enough, and I always felt like there was plenty of midstroke support, I have a feeling I wouldn't like a coil on this bike as it wouldn't give me the ramp up I'm looking for.

My 2018 didn't come with any volume spacers in it. I added the 2.5 Gnar Dog. Unfortunately I couldn't ride this weekend. Way too much smoke and ash in the air from the fires here in Los Angeles.

Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 17:38 Quote
[Quote="SpiderSL"]Had a great day raceing on my mega . Setup was flawless and I was off pace due to loosing air out my forks so 12th place for me . Cracking bike size M really does give a play full bike
photo
photo
photo
[pinkb /Quote]

This first photo is flipping sweet. Looks like you are just doing a 3 foot bunny hop in a straightaway, haha.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023126
Mobile Version of Website