Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 17:45 Quote
I have a 2016 Mega 275 frame, no shock, for sale, size XL if anyone is interested.

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 10:09 Quote
Since it seems no one knows of a coil to use, anyone know how many spacers are in the Super Deluxe when it comes from Nukeproof on the 2018 Mega Carbon RS?

Should adding a spacer or two help with the small bump compliance?

Thanks

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 10:20 Quote
yourrealdad wrote:
Since it seems no one knows of a coil to use, anyone know how many spacers are in the Super Deluxe when it comes from Nukeproof on the 2018 Mega Carbon RS?

Thanks

Sorry I missed your initial post. Any metric shock of the right size will work. But you might have to rely a little more on the damping to prevent harsh bottom outs etc. Which isn’t ideal. If it were me I’d also use a spring rate on the higher side for my weight.

I *think* the metrics now ship with just one spacer but haven’t owned one so welcome input on that from other users.
More spacers will absolutley aid top stroke, it will also make it harder to achieve full travel and to a certain degree reduce support in the middle of the stroke. All theoretical, ymmv dependant on preference etc.

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 19:35 Quote
Don't I need certain eyelet specs? Isn't the bottom a bearing mount?

I emailed Nukeproof and all they told me was to get the correct size shock (Which incidentally they told me the wrong size, good thing it is printed right on the frame)

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 6:25 Quote
Has anyone used a 170mm dropper on a size large 2017? Wondering about fit. Thanks!

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 7:26 Quote
I have a 175 on a medium 2018 but I think the seat tube was not changed so you should be good!

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 9:34 Quote
Did a big shuttle ride (30 miles with 8k+ of descending) on Black Friday.

Shock with the 2.5 Gnar Dog token felt amazing. Literally a night and day difference. Went from no mid stroke support to perfect support. The trails included everything from smooth, to stupid rocky, to rail road ties and some jumps. I now see Nukeproof is specing the 2019 models with 2 tokes.

Also installed a -1 headset from Works Components. Another very worth upgrade.

Overall such a fun bike!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1981301206

[Quote="nagaredama"]
pacificnorthwet wrote:
nagaredama wrote:
Has anyone put a coil on their 2018+ Mega 290 yet?

Right now I'm running the RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 with no tokens. I'm 230 lbs and the Super Deluxe without any tokens has been less than stellar. I've been wondering if a coil would be better. Been looking at EXT, Ohlins or CCDB. My one concern is that I might not be able find a spring heavier enough for me.

Thoughts??

Here is the build now.

I'm not sure what it is that you didn't like about your setup, but I am just a couple beers over 230 lbs and have been pretty happy after adding a couple of tokens. I know that I added two tokens, but I can't remember how many were in it when I bought the bike.... If I had to guess, I think there was one in there when I added the extras. That plus all the pressure my little hand pump can handle has gotten me to about 30% sag with only a couple bottom outs on a good ride. My issue was that I felt like the bike was blowing through its last bit of travel instead of ramping up like an air shock should. Now it feels great. Since my issue was that the shock wasn't progressive enough, and I always felt like there was plenty of midstroke support, I have a feeling I wouldn't like a coil on this bike as it wouldn't give me the ramp up I'm looking for.

My 2018 didn't come with any volume spacers in it. I added the 2.5 Gnar Dog. Unfortunately I couldn't ride this weekend. Way too much smoke and ash in the air from the fires here in Los Angeles.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 8:15 Quote
iqbal-achieve wrote:
yourrealdad wrote:

Thanks

Sorry I missed your initial post. Any metric shock of the right size will work. But you might have to rely a little more on the damping to prevent harsh bottom outs etc. Which isn’t ideal. If it were me I’d also use a spring rate on the higher side for my weight.

I *think* the metrics now ship with just one spacer but haven’t owned one so welcome input on that from other users.
More spacers will absolutley aid top stroke, it will also make it harder to achieve full travel and to a certain degree reduce support in the middle of the stroke. All theoretical, ymmv dependant on preference etc.

I have this model of bike and as standard the 2018 version has no volume spacers added to the rear

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 23:50 Quote
Anyone know offhand what the max fork travel the 2018 carbon mega frames will safely take? I've got a carbon rs and the lyrik can be converted up to 180. I know 170 is ample travel for anything I can throw at it but I'm heading to the alps next year and wouldnt mind a bit more up front as it's a cheap easy swap and I'll only be riding downhill. Thanks

Posted: Nov 28, 2018 at 0:22 Quote
Spangoolies wrote:
Anyone know offhand what the max fork travel the 2018 carbon mega frames will safely take? I've got a carbon rs and the lyrik can be converted up to 180. I know 170 is ample travel for anything I can throw at it but I'm heading to the alps next year and wouldnt mind a bit more up front as it's a cheap easy swap and I'll only be riding downhill. Thanks

Perhaps @Nukeproofinternational can advise but they mentioned in comments other day that both Sam and Elliot are running 180mm Lyrik

Posted: Nov 28, 2018 at 1:31 Quote
iqbal-achieve wrote:
Spangoolies wrote:

Perhaps @Nukeproofinternational can advise but they mentioned in comments other day that both Sam and Elliot are running 180mm Lyrik
Thanks

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 12:02 Quote
Hi all what is this 2.5 Gnar spacer ? Is it the same as adding 2 spacers ?? Thanks

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 19:30 Quote
It's 2.5 equivalent. So you can run 1, 2, 2.5,
or 3.
SpiderSL wrote:
Hi all what is this 2.5 Gnar spacer ? Is it the same as adding 2 spacers ?? Thanks

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 at 8:32 Quote
pacificnorthwet wrote:
or 3.
SpiderSL wrote:
cheers for that

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 at 14:30 Quote
pacificnorthwet wrote:
or 3.
SpiderSL wrote:

I think you can run 1 + 2.5 for 3.5 total.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.468780
Mobile Version of Website