Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
dingus wrote:
What rear sag are you coil bois running on your megas?
defo close to 30%

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 16:21 Quote
30% with coil. Ran 25% with air.

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
Same here, about 30% which I ran my Monarch sir at with loads of bands, but the coil feels much more consistent

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 3:01 Quote
Inclag wrote:
photo

Added a 180mm shaft to the fork. Will keep it air for now as I have limited time to do a ghetto coil upgrade.

Got some more running changes planned, but yea. 176mm x 180mm Mega 290 will be fun....

How have you upped the rear travel?

I’m expecting my 290 in a few weeks and I’d like to put a coil shock on. Curious to know how it feels as well as how the longer travel was achieved

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 3:42 Quote
Hoping someone can help. I have a 2013 Nukeproof Mega and I need some help with shock mounting hardware. The bike is not currently with me as I keep it back in Ireland so I can ride it when I'm home, so I can't inspect it to see what parts I need. The bike is running a Cane Creek DBinline coil (came with the bike so it's a 2013 version) and there is play in the rear shock mount, so it needs replaced. Can someone advise what parts I need to sort this? Any help appreciated.

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 4:02 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
Hoping someone can help. I have a 2013 Nukeproof Mega and I need some help with shock mounting hardware. The bike is not currently with me as I keep it back in Ireland so I can ride it when I'm home, so I can't inspect it to see what parts I need. The bike is running a Cane Creek DBinline coil (came with the bike so it's a 2013 version) and there is play in the rear shock mount, so it needs replaced. Can someone advise what parts I need to sort this? Any help appreciated.

Drop offset bushings a mail mate, best shock mount hardware you’ll find and you could go slacker if required

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 4:23 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Davec85 wrote:

Drop offset bushings a mail mate, best shock mount hardware you’ll find and you could go slacker if required

Good call, thanks, I'll do just that.

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 5:26 Quote
geo9923 wrote:
flatlander99 wrote:
geo9923 wrote:

Did you fit the MegNeg your self? If so was it easy enough?

Yes, easy job. Fitting it is the same as doing normal air can service. Kit includes seals, oil and grease.

Spot on. Now just got to find somewhere with it in stock
please let me know where you find it in stock

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 21:52 Quote
rockchomper wrote:
dubod22 wrote:

MegaFreak 290

I've had a 290 for half a year and love it. It's overforked with 180mm but it always rides really well. I had a spare 27.5 wheel with the same cassette and rotor as my 29 so I slung it on the back for some shuttles. Now it's DH terriory up front and pretty wild still at the back with the small wheel and 150mm travel but it's not bad. Not bad at all. I rode it in filthy conditions and it felt composed and really controlled. Maybe this was the Magic Mary SUpersoft doing its thing, but still the bike held up well. I'll switch it back to 29 for XC/enduro days but definitely sling it on for shuttles again.

I've really wanted to try a mullet bike any downsides to running a smaller wheel in the back and bigger up front?

I guess it's a compromise. The BB is lower so you do risk catching it out more and maybe it's not as efficient on long trails. But for steep tech, it is definitely worth it. It would also be my go-to for muddy conditions as it really puts you in the bike instead of on it.

I'd say if you have a 275 wheel spare then sling it on with a DH tyre too and enjoy the hybrid but if it's a choice between 29 or 27.5 then stick with your original wheel size.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
What lower shock bushings do you guys run on coils?

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 3:23 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Davec85 wrote:

Yep, we can certainly produce them for your Mega! I run them in my own '14 TR in fact. We can do either standard or offset for you.

Jeron @ Offsetbushings.com

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 3:23 Quote
moleman58 wrote:

It's the same size regardless of air / coil shock. The sizing is defined by the frame.

Hope that helps!

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 4:34 Quote
jezzah wrote:
moleman58 wrote:

It's the same size regardless of air / coil shock. The sizing is defined by the frame.

Hope that helps!

Thanks but what I meant was what's best for like smoothness (sorry my bad wording)

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
I ran the ones with needle bearings for a bit, they moved a lot more freely on the shock. Can't say whether I noticed much difference on the trail though as the ones they replaced were totally worn so wasn't a fair comparison.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014235
Mobile Version of Website