Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
bobbyrival wrote:
bigburd wrote:
Isn't it the same axle on the current ones ?
I’m not too sure, I’ve tried to find replacements for newer models but again no real luck. I’ve emailed Nukeproof directly just waiting for a response. I’ve also rang several Nukeproof dealers in the UK to ask their advice, again other than finding someone who has a random spare it’s get a new made up. Madness ????????

Nukeproofinternational wrote:
Hi Bobby,

Drop us a message with your address and will have a look if we have some spares in the warehouse for you, I think we have a couple of spares

Thanks
Rob

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
Yooooo coil on megas is so sick

First proper ride today loved it

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
Anyone running a Mega Mullet out there? I’m looking into it. We have a 2016 275 which is slightly annoying as the newer bikes with the longer fork would suit better but just curious if anyone’s tried it?
We have the bike rolling with a 180mm fork at the mo, to keep the same ride height we’re looking at 140-150mm fork with 29” wheel and fork. I’m reluctant to make the thing any higher cus it’s already slacked right out. So issue is that I’ll be down-forking it just to get the 29er wheel (and fork) on it.
Taking away grip from the fork and adding it to the wheel?
The bike is slightly too big for me and the front end pushes (largely because it’s got a stupid 180mm fork on it) and perhaps the 29er wheel would help remedy that. Perhaps not, I don’t care that much tbh I just wanna try it and be cool to hear if anyone’s else has tried it
tup

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 22:44 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
flatlander99 wrote:

I have been running the megneg can on my mega for a while now and it has been a noticeable improvement.
My feet don't blow off the pedals anymore in rough stuff and shock has more support. I have 3 or 4 volume bands in negative chamber and no tokens in the positive. Air pressure is 250 psi. In the stock aircan I had 210-220 psi and two tokens.

how much difference has the MegNeg made?

and which size did you get please?
megneg

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 23:52 Quote
wrote:
megneg

47,5-55mm for mega 290

57,5-65mm for mega 275

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 0:03 Quote
wrote:
flatlander99 wrote:
megneg

47,5-55mm for mega 290

57,5-65mm for mega 275

thanks mate

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 2:06 Quote
megneg fitted

( old setup )
30% sag 175psi
2 tokens

( new setup )
30% sag 210psi
0 tokens
3 bands

More midstroke surport better small bumbs . I like to jump and it now feels like it has more ramp up for more pop. Not bottomed out 10%15mm in reserve . Good upgrade

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
I am a year and a half into my 275 Pro ownership. Cannot find a happy place with suspension set up.
Ive tried more air, volume spacers, less air , compression settings etc.
My bike is either super plush on the downs and feels like it hangs up on every bump on the climbs, or climbs well and my feet are blowing off pedals constantly.

Anyone suggest a baseline set up for -2018 XL 275 Pro / 6' 4" rider (probably 100kg with gear on) - I find myself in a constant love / hate relationship with this bike Smile

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
Coil kind of does what you are looking for. Super smooth on the down and tons of traction while climbing. That said, I found the coil on a 2017 Mega275 resulted in constant pedal strikes even running around 23% sag and I'm back trying to find a more capable air shock. The coil definitely makes the bike less playful as well, although it does still jump really well, just not off small little things.

The issue with the Monarch+ seems to be the damping. Likely the same issue on the super deluxe. I revalved the Monarch+ and found I could get it just as smooth as the coil on chunky stuff but it had zero support to push against. Still working on finding that balance.

I've also had time on a Float X2, a CCDB coil, Kage RC, and the Monarch+ with Debonair can on this bike. Every shock has things it did well and other things not so well. Still trying to find that "just right" feel.

FWIW, I modeled the suspension based on actual measurements and it's no where close to being as progressive on the LR as the linkage design blog says it is. The LR starts at 2.4, regresses to 2.6 around 25% sag then lightly progresses back to 2.4 by the end of travel. Very similar to the linkage design blog says except the blog had the bike progressing to like 2.1 by the end and that's not the case.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
michaelbevege wrote:
I am a year and a half into my 275 Pro ownership. Cannot find a happy place with suspension set up.
My bike is either super plush on the downs and feels like it hangs up on every bump on the climbs, or climbs well and my feet are blowing off pedals constantly.

Anyone suggest a baseline set up for -2018 XL 275 Pro / 6' 4" rider (probably 100kg with gear on) - I find myself in a constant love / hate relationship with this bike Smile

I'm on an 2018 L Comp 275 with a Super Deluxe R. I'm running stock tokens (never opened it so not sure how many, if any are in there), 250PSI and rebound 3 clicks out from fast. I'm currently at about 108KG with gear on and the bike feels great to me. I wouldn't mind a climb switch on my shock but I know at my weight I'm never winning any uphill speed contests. I've found it to track well on techier climbs with these settings and I like to jump and ride the fun lines and never had a problem with support and pop or with small bump compliance. I bottom out occasionally on big hits or when I really mess something up but it's never harsh and would probably be solved with 1 token added.

I'm running my Yari fork at 97PSI, 1 token, rebound 4 clicks out from slow and compression fully open. Again, bottom it out very occasionally but never harshly and I'm happy with the support for jumps and pumping. It does suffer on braking bumps in the bike park but normal trail chatter and small bump stuff is acceptable. I have a Fox 34 Kashima on my hardtail and while it has less travel at 130mm, I do feel it's a bit better than the Yari at the small bump stuff.

Obviously with 170/165mm of travel it's never going to be a whippet uphill and super stiff and ultra supportive on the downs and I'm always surprised at the amount of struggles people seem to have in this thread with their suspension setup. I'm not sure if being on the heavier side helps or if I'm just not good enough to take advantage of a completely dialled suspension setup.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 19:05 Quote
serenaur wrote:
michaelbevege wrote:

I'm on an 2018 L Comp 275 with a Super Deluxe R. I'm running stock tokens (never opened it so not sure how many, if any are in there), 250PSI and rebound 3 clicks out from fast. I'm currently at about 108KG with gear on and the bike feels great to me. I wouldn't mind a climb switch on my shock but I know at my weight I'm never winning any uphill speed contests. I've found it to track well on techier climbs with these settings and I like to jump and ride the fun lines and never had a problem with support and pop or with small bump compliance. I bottom out occasionally on big hits or when I really mess something up but it's never harsh and would probably be solved with 1 token added.

I'm running my Yari fork at 97PSI, 1 token, rebound 4 clicks out from slow and compression fully open. Again, bottom it out very occasionally but never harshly and I'm happy with the support for jumps and pumping. It does suffer on braking bumps in the bike park but normal trail chatter and small bump stuff is acceptable. I have a Fox 34 Kashima on my hardtail and while it has less travel at 130mm, I do feel it's a bit better than the Yari at the small bump stuff.

Obviously with 170/165mm of travel it's never going to be a whippet uphill and super stiff and ultra supportive on the downs and I'm always surprised at the amount of struggles people seem to have in this thread with their suspension setup. I'm not sure if being on the heavier side helps or if I'm just not good enough to take advantage of a completely dialled suspension setup.

Thanks for the feedback - I find at these sort of pressures my bike feels too stiff, but perhaps i need to add more rebound? I do tend to run it pretty open front and rear so maybe i might need to slow everything down a bit. Worth a few test runs to see if its not actually the bike bouncing me off, rather than the bumps bouncing me off Smile

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 1:10 Quote
MikeG156 wrote:
Coil kind of does what you are looking for. Super smooth on the down and tons of traction while climbing. That said, I found the coil on a 2017 Mega275 resulted in constant pedal strikes even running around 23% sag and I'm back trying to find a more capable air shock. The coil definitely makes the bike less playful as well, although it does still jump really well, just not off small little things.

The issue with the Monarch+ seems to be the damping. Likely the same issue on the super deluxe. I revalved the Monarch+ and found I could get it just as smooth as the coil on chunky stuff but it had zero support to push against. Still working on finding that balance.

I've also had time on a Float X2, a CCDB coil, Kage RC, and the Monarch+ with Debonair can on this bike. Every shock has things it did well and other things not so well. Still trying to find that "just right" feel.

FWIW, I modeled the suspension based on actual measurements and it's no where close to being as progressive on the LR as the linkage design blog says it is. The LR starts at 2.4, regresses to 2.6 around 25% sag then lightly progresses back to 2.4 by the end of travel. Very similar to the linkage design blog says except the blog had the bike progressing to like 2.1 by the end and that's not the case.

Could you please describe your pro's and con's with the Fox X2 and what is your riding style.

I'm thinking about to change my RS SD RC3 against the X2, matching the 36 Grip2.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
michaelbevege wrote:
Thanks for the feedback - I find at these sort of pressures my bike feels too stiff, but perhaps i need to add more rebound? I do tend to run it pretty open front and rear so maybe i might need to slow everything down a bit. Worth a few test runs to see if its not actually the bike bouncing me off, rather than the bumps bouncing me off Smile

When I got the bike I did spend a day on a couple of varied trails that I know well and did repeatable runs adjusting everything and finding a sweet spot. I was a bit surprised to see how slow the rebound ended up being set on my shock being just a few clicks out from slowest but it feels good there so I'm running it like that. Might be worth doing laps of a trail you're really familiar with and adjusting one thing at a time and seeing what ends up feeling best?

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
I have just build 2019 Nukeproof Mega 275C with 29" front (160mm travel) and 27,5" rear. Bike is unbelivable.

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
mloncar wrote:
I have just build 2019 Nukeproof Mega 275C with 29" front (160mm travel) and 27,5" rear. Bike is unbelivable.

Looks nice man. Have you ridden either the 290 or 275 before? Be great to hear some comparisons. I really wanna do this!
Are you able to tell us what your head angle is and BB drop?
tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.022699
Mobile Version of Website