Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
Is there anyone with Scout 2019 XL? I would like to ask for the photo of the frame/bike.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 4:18 Quote
Hi guys
I’m in need of a 2015 mega rear triangle. (LARGE 160mm travel)
Just snapped mine in morzine. ????

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
Has anyone here mounted a Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil on a medium Mega Backwards, meaning the body is connected to the linkage instead of the frame? Would there be any issue with this? I don't think I would notice the additional un-sprung weight, which is the only issue I could see other than clearance issues or maybe a higher chance of dirt collecting on the seals. This is for a medium 2019 aluminum frame.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 4:59 Quote
Anyone cracked there carbon frame? How was you treated by hotlines/nukeproof? Just put mine in for a warranty job and want to know people's experience?

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
Anyone cracked there carbon frame? How was you treated by hotlines/nukeproof? Just put mine in for a warranty job and want to know people's experience?
Not cracked mine but curious as to where yours cracked so I can keep an eye on mine if it’s a warranty job/possible weak spot? Thanks

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 22:15 Quote
Any 2019+ Mega 290 chainstays kicking around?

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 22:57 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:

Nukeproof have always been amazing and fast for me when it comes to warranties.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
bigburd wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:

Just found out they are replacing the front triangle Smile . I am sure the carbon must have delaminated as it was no where near a stress point (under the top tube).

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
bigburd wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:

Just found out they are replacing the front triangle Smile . I am sure the carbon must have delaminated as it was know where near a stress point (under the top tube).

Nice one!

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 5:59 Quote
Is anybody 6'2 on a mega? Unsure whether to go for an L or XL

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
Theocr wrote:
Is anybody 6'2 on a mega? Unsure whether to go for an L or XL

XL i would say, i'm inch shorter on 275 large and it feels a tiny bit shorter than perfect.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 10:25 Quote
nice one man. Looking at a 290 worx edition

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
Bought a brand spanking new Mega Factory Carbon L at a bankruptcy auction. A lot of bike for not a lot of cash. However, I have an issue with the front forks with they feed into the frame. I have a slight knocking/rocking of the fork post in the frame. Any suggestions? Contacted Nukeproof, and after two weeks they emailed me with no help whatsoever.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
JP4673 wrote:
Bought a brand spanking new Mega Factory Carbon L at a bankruptcy auction. A lot of bike for not a lot of cash. However, I have an issue with the front forks with they feed into the frame. I have a slight knocking/rocking of the fork post in the frame. Any suggestions? Contacted Nukeproof, and after two weeks they emailed me with no help whatsoever.

The fork steerer feeds into the frame. It is held in place by two bearings top and bottom of the headtube. You will need to loosen the stem bolts clamped on to the steerer, tighten the headset, and torque everything back up. In that order. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_VMi3Bcwo4 only once this has been done will you know if anything is 'wrong' with the bike. If your not sure, see a bike mechanic. If the bearings are somehow loose in the headtube of the frame this is where nukeproof can be of assistance to you but is extremely unlikely.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
browner wrote:
JP4673 wrote:

The fork steerer feeds into the frame. It is held in place by two bearings top and bottom of the headtube. You will need to loosen the stem bolts clamped on to the steerer, tighten the headset, and torque everything back up. In that order. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_VMi3Bcwo4 only once this has been done will you know if anything is 'wrong' with the bike. If your not sure, see a bike mechanic. If the bearings are somehow loose in the headtube of the frame this is where nukeproof can be of assistance to you but is extremely unlikely.

Hi,
Thanks for that. I'd already done all that. However, it pointed me in the direction of this video on youtube, which proved to be perfect. https://youtu.be/TihBJNn0Bck

Turns out the top of the fork steerer is long and I've bought some new spacers to allow the top screw to pull it all tight.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011332
Mobile Version of Website