Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for that. I'd already done all that. However, it pointed me in the direction of this video on youtube, which proved to be perfect. https://youtu.be/TihBJNn0Bck

Turns out the top of the fork steerer is long and I've bought some new spacers to allow the top screw to pull it all tight.

mint - such a small thing but prevents the bike from being usable. So useful to have a bunch of spacer lying around if you ever switch out a fork etc.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 4:37 Quote
Yo does anyone know of anywhere that does aftermarket mech hangers for the 2012 Mega? I have 1 spare, but will probably be having to fit it soon and don’t want to be left without a spare. I’ve looked on gearmechhanger.com and betd but can’t find one anywhere. Considering that there’s still quite a few of the original frames out there being ridden (they were about 5 years ahead of everyone else in terms of everything, except making them fit anyone over 5ft10), I’d be surprised that there’s no one making them yet. Any help would be much appreciated

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 5:32 Quote
It seems Nukeproof release things beginning of October. Any guesses what the new range will bring?

Revised 290 perhaps? Carbon probably. But please keep alloy!

I'd really like to see the 290 have something between the current medium and large (435-470), possibly Yeti/Pole seat tube angle and a bit more travel.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 5:43 Quote
dubod22 wrote:
It seems Nukeproof release things beginning of October. Any guesses what the new range will bring?

Revised 290 perhaps? Carbon probably. But please keep alloy!

I'd really like to see the 290 have something between the current medium and large (435-470), possibly Yeti/Pole seat tube angle and a bit more travel.

From what I've read/heard there will be a carbon 29'er and both 275 and 29'er have got revised geometry.
No idea how much longer/lower/slacker they will be though - in fairness apart from the reach I think the current geo is pretty spot on.

Oh and hopefully something in yellow/black too Big Grin

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 0:24 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
Anyone cracked there carbon frame? How was you treated by hotlines/nukeproof? Just put mine in for a warranty job and want to know people's experience?

Yeah, hairline fracture in toptube of my Carbon Mega Factory. Very good warranty exp with Nukeproof, they sent a replacement frame out to the company I bought bike from really quick.
The latter then made a bit of an arse putting everything back on the frame though. Rear shock was super creaky.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
These bikes are stupid cheap to buy in the US right now. I picked up a 19 carbon pro for next to nothing, now playing the waiting game with DHL lol.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
I have a 19 mega 27.5c pro L and I'm currently changing to a coil shock. The front mounting hardware is 22.2x8mm according to Nukeproofs frame manual for 2019. The problem... It seems too small. There are a few mm of wiggle room and im too afraid to just clamp it down and risk damaging the carbon. I have tried to reach Nukeproof but no response(I've waited over a week for one email and a month for the other). Has anyone encountered this problem, any suggestions or solutions.

Thanks

The mounting hardware I purchased was rockshox, and the rear mounting hardware fits perfectly.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
DEB7 wrote:
I have a 19 mega 27.5c pro L and I'm currently changing to a coil shock. The front mounting hardware is 22.2x8mm according to Nukeproofs frame manual for 2019. The problem... It seems too small. There are a few mm of wiggle room and im too afraid to just clamp it down and risk damaging the carbon. I have tried to reach Nukeproof but no response(I've waited over a week for one email and a month for the other). Has anyone encountered this problem, any suggestions or solutions.

Thanks

The mounting hardware I purchased was rockshox, and the rear mounting hardware fits perfectly.

"The new Mega 275 Pro utilises the brand new RockShox Super Deluxe rear shock and hardware now comprises of a wider spaced 25mmx8mm front mount, "

Straight from NP website. Seems like not every piece of documentation is up to date. Im hoping the geo chart is wrong as well and the bike is slacker than 65.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
DEB7 wrote:

Thanks

I responded in your other thread but in case you missed it, the following is what you should get for mounting the coil. I
mounted a DVO Jade with this.

Item # Description
RS9221 Fox 5-Piece Aluminum Mounting Hardware Kit for IGUS Bushing Shocks, 8mm x 0.980" / 25mm for top
RS9056 Fox 5-Piece Aluminum Mounting Hardware Kit for IGUS Bushing Shocks 8mm x 1.180" / 29.9mm for bottom

Or the RockShox equivalent. So yeah, 25mm for the top mount.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
skerby wrote:
These bikes are stupid cheap to buy in the US right now. I picked up a 19 carbon pro for next to nothing, now playing the waiting game with DHL lol.

Hopefully there aren't any Customs issues. I ordered my Mega RS in May and it only took 6 days to get. Would have been 4 but it was held up in Customs because "my importer ID was invalidated by US Customs" Apparently a huge number of people's social security numbers were labeled as invalid to import goods over $2500 by an "error" a year or so ago. There is paperwork you can fill out to have it validated again but it takes at least 3 weeks to process. Luckily DHL gave me a form to change the name and number of the importer to a family member or friend, so I used my wife and it went right through.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
Sully247 wrote:
skerby wrote:

Hopefully there aren't any Customs issues. I ordered my Mega RS in May and it only took 6 days to get. Would have been 4 but it was held up in Customs because "my importer ID was invalidated by US Customs" Apparently a huge number of people's social security numbers were labeled as invalid to import goods over $2500 by an "error" a year or so ago. There is paperwork you can fill out to have it validated again but it takes at least 3 weeks to process. Luckily DHL gave me a form to change the name and number of the importer to a family member or friend, so I used my wife and it went right through.

I hope so! Thanks for the heads up.

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 7:49 Quote
for those that fitted a megneg, what settings did you use and how did you find out how to install it? cheers

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
Weird question for you guys. If I put a 7.875x2.25 rear shock in place of my 8.5x2.5 on my 2013 mega am, how much rear travel would that give me?

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 1:04 Quote
skavenger416 wrote:
Weird question for you guys. If I put a 7.875x2.25 rear shock in place of my 8.5x2.5 on my 2013 mega am, how much rear travel would that give me?

I’ve just woken up in a tent and rather worse for wear but...

http://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/2013/12/nuke-proof-mega-am-275-2014.html

Looks like about half an inch less travel - in theory.

You’ll have to account for the effect of the shorter shock altering the geometry (lowering the BB quite a bit (I’d consider lowering the fork also as it will considerably slacken the bike out - HA and SA will be veeeeery slack).
And there is 16mm less overall length (eye to eye) and only 6mm less stroke so there may be issues with frame clearance or other contact (tyre-seat tube, etc). Members will be the equivalent of 10mm less shock closer at bottom out.

It may be possible to mitigate for the effect of the shorter shock (eye to eye) with offset bushings.

Now somebody tell me I’m drunk and to go back to bed. I’d happily oblige.

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
for those that fitted a megneg, what settings did you use and how did you find out how to install it? cheers

https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen000000006026_rev_a_megneg_upgrade_kit_german.pdf The small lip on the megneg outer sleeve should be pointed to bottom of the shock.

I'´m on mega 290. I wen't from 200psi and 2 tokens on stock can to 235 psi, 0 tokens and 3 negative bands on the megneg.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012934
Mobile Version of Website