Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 1:10 Quote
flatlander99 wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:
for those that fitted a megneg, what settings did you use and how did you find out how to install it? cheers

https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen000000006026_rev_a_megneg_upgrade_kit_german.pdf The small lip on the megneg outer sleeve should be pointed to bottom of the shock.

I'´m on mega 290. I wen't from 200psi and 2 tokens on stock can to 235 psi, 0 tokens and 3 negative bands on the megneg.

cheers for that, im on a 27.5 with a gnar dog token. so expecting to remove that first.

just found the english manual also

https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/service-manuals/rockshox/rear-suspension/gen000000005990-rev-a--megneg-upgrade-kit.pdf

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 0:34 Quote
flatlander99 wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:
for those that fitted a megneg, what settings did you use and how did you find out how to install it? cheers

https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen000000006026_rev_a_megneg_upgrade_kit_german.pdf The small lip on the megneg outer sleeve should be pointed to bottom of the shock.

I'´m on mega 290. I wen't from 200psi and 2 tokens on stock can to 235 psi, 0 tokens and 3 negative bands on the megneg.
Would be nice If you could discribe the performance difference between the stock can and the Megneg.

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
JoeHigashi80 wrote:
flatlander99 wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:

Would be nice If you could discribe the performance difference between the stock can and the Megneg.

Megneg is softer off the top, ramps up faster after sag point. Setting it up how you like it takes a bit of experimentation.
With 4 negative bands it feels closest to a stock shock, with 0 bands it is super progressive.

Increased mid stroke support helps keeping weight on front wheel. Good upgrade on my XL sized bike with wheelbase of 1315mm (I have a 170mm fork and -2deg angleset) .

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
Hey guys, i just orderd a Nukeproof Mega 275 Nardo Grey 2019 frame and i want to put in my Hope Pro 4 DH 142x12 wheels in, Will this work good with hope conversion kit? i am afraid the front chainring will rub on the frame

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
Hey guys, just switched from a 2017 Mega 275 with a coil to the 2019 Mega 290 with the super deluxe RC3 air. The new bike seems much harsher. I'm running the gnardog token in the rear shock but wondering now if thats too much progression in addition to how progressive the frame already is? I'm 80kg and running 165 psi plus the gnardog token and don't seem to be bottoming out but using full travel for sure.

Also, anyone have experience with the rebound on the RC3 being either too slow or too fast with one click of difference? I can't seem to find the balance with this shock.

Any help/tips appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 6:50 Quote

Super impressed with this bike.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
How does the rear shock sizing work with the lower bearing mount? Will any 210x55mm metric shock fit? And if so whats the mounting hardwear needed?

Thanks

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
How does the rear shock sizing work with the lower bearing mount? Will any 210x55mm metric shock fit? And if so whats the mounting hardwear needed?

Thanks

It's 230x65, I haven't taken the lower shock mount apart yet, but it looks like the bearing mount is a separate piece. The width of the shock eyelet will probably come into play here, but i think this dimension is basically standardized. There is a model available with a fox X2 air so Im guessing just about anything will fit.

The super deluxe is really good, but i could see a lighter rider maybe wanting a softer tune. Have to really beat on this thing to get full travel, even at 30% sag.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
Nukeproof Scout 290
Lovin my new "winter bike" Scout 290. Anyone have any handy tricks for getting rid of the ratteling dropper post cable noise?

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
Mekamonkey wrote:
Nukeproof Scout 290
Lovin my new "winter bike" Scout 290. Anyone have any handy tricks for getting rid of the ratteling dropper post cable noise?

I have this on my dropper hose, no noises ????

https://r2-bike.com/CAPGO-OL-Noise-Protection-for-Schifting-Outer-Shell-2m

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 23:39 Quote
skerby wrote:
The super deluxe is really good, but i could see a lighter rider maybe wanting a softer tune. Have to really beat on this thing to get full travel, even at 30% sag.
Stock Super Deluxe is a good shock, but I have just switched to Fox DHX2 and the difference is unreal. This is not my first coil shock, I had them before on my previous bikes (Evil Offering with Storia V3, Pole Evolink with DHX2, 2017 Mega 275 with Ccdb Coil) but the difference to stock damper is most noticable on my current bike (2019 Mega 275C mullet bike). So, anyone Who is thinking about putting coil shock on their Mega 275/290, just do it.. You won't regret it.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
hey, does anyone have the mega 275 comp? any thoughts on how it performs? looking at getting a large of CRC on sale. thanks!

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 2:11 Quote
Got a small crack on my rear triangle (2019 Factory Pulse).
Doesn't look like its much of an issue structurally. Cant think how its happened as its pretty beefed up there.
Thinking maybe welding it and stripping the paint while im at so I can get a brushed ally look.
What do yous think?
Cheers

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
mloncar wrote:
skerby wrote:
Stock Super Deluxe is a good shock, but I have just switched to Fox DHX2 and the difference is unreal. This is not my first coil shock, I had them before on my previous bikes (Evil Offering with Storia V3, Pole Evolink with DHX2, 2017 Mega 275 with Ccdb Coil) but the difference to stock damper is most noticable on my current bike (2019 Mega 275C mullet bike). So, anyone Who is thinking about putting coil shock on their Mega 275/290, just do it.. You won't regret it.

I could see this frame working really well with coil. My last DHX2 blew a seal after only a couple rides, so I have sworn off fox for the time being lol.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 22:56 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Got a small crack on my rear triangle (2019 Factory Pulse).
Doesn't look like its much of an issue structurally. Cant think how its happened as its pretty beefed up there.
Thinking maybe welding it and stripping the paint while im at so I can get a brushed ally look.
What do yous think?
Cheers

Send a pic to nukeproof along with your frame numbers, they will replace that, how you say it's not an issue structually I have no idea, that will crack right through soon then it gets nasty!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013197
Mobile Version of Website