O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 23:02 Quote
any thoughts on the 290?

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:56 Quote
Evil-P wrote:
Mekamonkey wrote:
Nukeproof Scout 290
Lovin my new "winter bike" Scout 290. Anyone have any handy tricks for getting rid of the ratteling dropper post cable noise?

I have this on my dropper hose, no noises ????

https://r2-bike.com/CAPGO-OL-Noise-Protection-for-Schifting-Outer-Shell-2m

Oh that looks perfect, thanks!

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 15:55 Quote
Anyone know if the 290 will be getting a carbon frame for 2020? It looks like Sam is riding one in the EWS.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 22:33 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Anyone know if the 290 will be getting a carbon frame for 2020? It looks like Sam is riding one in the EWS.

Yeah, it's been hiding in plain sight for the last few races and it seems no one has really noticed it. Nukeproof normally introduce their new range early October so we'll find out very soon.

290 should have a new carbon and alloy version.

275 I'm not so sure.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 22:57 Quote
dubod22 wrote:
Habaden wrote:

Yeah, it's been hiding in plain sight for the last few races and it seems no one has really noticed it. Nukeproof normally introduce their new range early October so we'll find out very soon.

Any guesses on changes?

160mm rear? 170mm F

Longer reach?

Changed LR to work better with air shock?

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 4:34 Quote
Mfro wrote:
dubod22 wrote:
Habaden wrote:

Any guesses on changes?

160mm rear? 170mm F

Longer reach?

I'm hoping the reach gets updated, the current numbers are really small compared to others

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Mfro wrote:
dubod22 wrote:

Any guesses on changes?

160mm rear? 170mm F

Longer reach?

I'm hoping the reach gets updated, the current numbers are really small compared to others

I never had even thought of that. At 515mm XL is reasonable IMO but I didn't realise there was a 45mm gap between L an XL

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
My 2019 Mega has had rear shock bolt loosening issues. Could see the link bending when the bolt was tightened. Without the bolt, link was tight on the left side of the link but had play to the right. Tight fit with a 0.010" shim on the right side, hoping it stays tight now, used red loctite too.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 3:01 Quote
photo

Here's my 290 with 216x63 shock and 27.5 rear wheel. Geometry didn't change much, BB maybe few mm lower if that.

Unfortunately the spring was too soft for me and I can't say too much about how it rides. The mullet thing probably isn't for me but the extra travel felt nice. Maybe a custom length coil shock like 212x60 would be cool.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 15:26 Quote
flatlander99 wrote:
photo

Here's my 290 with 216x63 shock and 27.5 rear wheel. Geometry didn't change much, BB maybe few mm lover if that.

Unfortunately the spring was too soft for me and I can't say too much about how it rides. The mullet thing probably isn't for me but the extra travel felt nice. Maybe a custom length coil shock like 212x60 would be cool.
Does this model normally take the 210x55? How did the 216x63 mount up? Curious because I can’t find any shocks locally in the new size, wondering if I can use the old standard.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 23:30 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
flatlander99 wrote:

Here's my 290 with 216x63 shock and 27.5 rear wheel. Geometry didn't change much, BB maybe few mm lover if that.

Does this model normally take the 210x55? How did the 216x63 mount up? Curious because I can’t find any shocks locally in the new size, wondering if I can use the old standard.

Yes, stock size is 210x55. 216x63 will fit fine, but with a 29 rear wheel it will raise the BB quite a bit and steepen the head angle about 1 degree. Travel gets bumped up to something like 170mm.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
Maybe add offset bushings?

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
Wale wrote:

Seat stay bridge will hit the seat tube at 149mm shock lenght, so you can have only one 2mm offset bushing.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
Wale wrote:

Offset bushings move around. Not a good idea.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Wale wrote:

Offset bushings move around. Not a good idea.

Not if installed in the correct position - they'll be kept in the position which maintains the shortest e2e by compression forces on the shock. That's how they work Smile

It's a common use for them, to reduce the length of a shock in order to help it fit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016469
Mobile Version of Website