Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 6:50 Quote
jezzah wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Wale wrote:
Maybe add offset bushings?

Offset bushings move around. Not a good idea.

Not if installed in the correct position - they'll be kept in the position which maintains the shortest e2e by compression forces on the shock. That's how they work Smile

It's a common use for them, to reduce the length of a shock in order to help it fit.

I’ve used them to lengthen the eye to eye and also in weird orientations to provide more clearance for the shock and never had a single problem with them moving. Ymmv

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 7:07 Quote
iqbal-achieve wrote:
jezzah wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:

Offset bushings move around. Not a good idea.

Not if installed in the correct position - they'll be kept in the position which maintains the shortest e2e by compression forces on the shock. That's how they work Smile

It's a common use for them, to reduce the length of a shock in order to help it fit.

I’ve used them to lengthen the eye to eye and also in weird orientations to provide more clearance for the shock and never had a single problem with them moving. Ymmv

If you shorten you might be okay because of the where the forces hit. But to lengthen, enough force and it will eventually be pushed the opposite way and make it even shorter.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
iqbal-achieve wrote:
jezzah wrote:

If you shorten you might be okay because of the where the forces hit. But to lengthen, enough force and it will eventually be pushed the opposite way and make it even shorter.
I have öhlins shock fitted to mega 275 with offset bushings, needed to get shock bit backwards from front shockmount and had zero issues with it.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
My 2018 275c RS developed a crack on both sides of the top tube at the seattube support tube. The bike was bought from CRC and shipped to the US. CRC will not respond to my warranty claim. It's been over a month and multiple submissions. Nukeproof said they can't help me and I have to go through CRC. Has anyone else had problems with these companies?

Broken Frame
Broken Frame

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
cl4l wrote:
My 2018 275c RS developed a crack on both sides of the top tube at the seattube support tube. The bike was bought from CRC and shipped to the US. CRC will not respond to my warranty claim. It's been over a month and multiple submissions. Nukeproof said they can't help me and I have to go through CRC. Has anyone else had problems with these companies?

Broken Frame
Broken Frame

Yeah CRC have become terrible in the past two years since the wiggle takeover.
Been nearly two weeks since I reported the fault on my pulse frame.
Taking their sweet time in arranging collection.
Try sending the email to all of these at the same time tothetop@wiggle.com, shipping@chainreactioncycles.com, warranty@chainreactioncycles.com, customerservice@chainreactioncycles.com, tech@chainreactioncycles.com
Eventually they will pick it up. Dont keep emailing from the same email as it multiple emails send things to the bottom of the pile. Try also sending the same from another email.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Try sending the email to all of these at the same time tothetop@wiggle.com, shipping@chainreactioncycles.com, warranty@chainreactioncycles.com, customerservice@chainreactioncycles.com, tech@chainreactioncycles.com
Eventually they will pick it up. Dont keep emailing from the same email as it multiple emails send things to the bottom of the pile. Try also sending the same from another email.

Awesome. Thank you for the tip. I think this is my last nukeproof bike. Need to find a dealer closer to home. Being out a bike for months is unacceptable.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
cl4l wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:

Awesome. Thank you for the tip. I think this is my last nukeproof bike. Need to find a dealer closer to home. Being out a bike for months is unacceptable.

Buy a YT. Had 3 so far and they have been super good to me.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
Anyone have tips for setting up the Super Deluxe rc3 that comes on the 2019 290? I previously ran a coil on my 275 so I’m wondering if running the super deluxe without any spacers would be similar due to coils being linear?

Also, anyone else having issues with rebound on the super deluxe? I find that if I go one click slower the bike feels dead and if I go one click faster I get bucked in every drop/jump? Never had this issue when using a cane creek with more tuneability. Hoping I can tune this super deluxe before I give up and buy a cane creek again.

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Anyone have tips for setting up the Super Deluxe rc3 that comes on the 2019 290? I previously ran a coil on my 275 so I’m wondering if running the super deluxe without any spacers would be similar due to coils being linear?

Also, anyone else having issues with rebound on the super deluxe? I find that if I go one click slower the bike feels dead and if I go one click faster I get bucked in every drop/jump? Never had this issue when using a cane creek with more tuneability. Hoping I can tune this super deluxe before I give up and buy a cane creek again.

Thanks!

I got mine set up perfect. I took it off the bike, threw it in the trash, and bought a DVO topaz air. No looking back. Like comparing walmart bike suspension to a world cup set up. BTW, the pros use custom internals in all their suspension. When you see a Super Deluxe on their bike, its something very different.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
cl4l wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:

Thanks!

I got mine set up perfect. I took it off the bike, threw it in the trash, and bought a DVO topaz air. No looking back. Like comparing walmart bike suspension to a world cup set up. BTW, the pros use custom internals in all their suspension. When you see a Super Deluxe on their bike, its something very different.

Haha amazing. I know it’s not a bad shock, but coming from the cane creek DB it’s a noticeable drop in performance. Guess I’ll start saving again

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
cl4l wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:

Thanks!

Haha amazing. I know it’s not a bad shock, but coming from the cane creek DB it’s a noticeable drop in performance. Guess I’ll start saving again

I would try running it at full volume and bumping up the pressure a tad to give more coilness. May also help your rebound issue...then stick a coil on again when you got the funds together Wink

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:

Thanks!

I have a 2018 290 pro and have found the super deluxe rc3 to be a good match for the bike. On most of my previous bikes I have changed or had shocks retuned but I find it works well. The 2018 model comes with no internal spacers and I have never felt the need to add any. The rebound settings are not great though, I have to run it 2 clicks from full fast and I’m 82kg. I presume heavier riders would struggle to get the correct rebound settings. I’m not sure if the 2019 model has a different tune but I definitely don’t think the super deluxe is a bad shock and it’s worth trying to set it up correctly before moving onto something’s else, I’ve had 18 months with zero problems.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
Hmm ok, thanks for the inputs. I would assume that removing volume from the shock to make it more linear would bring it closer to feeling like a coil, by relying on the already very progressive frame. I was running it with 3.5 tokens and the ramp up was super harsh. Haven’t tried zero tokens yet.

Also, what’s up with the bearing mount? Seems good in theory but the bolt comes loose atleast once per ride even with blue threadlocker. Also seems to be play in the mount, have seen a few people running bearing shims stuff in there but that makes me nervous. How tight is too tight to run the bolt? I feel like I shouldn’t have to crank on it super hard but if I torque it to spec it comes loose every ride.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Hmm ok, thanks for the inputs. I would assume that removing volume from the shock to make it more linear would bring it closer to feeling like a coil, by relying on the already very progressive frame. I was running it with 3.5 tokens and the ramp up was super harsh. Haven’t tried zero tokens yet.

Also, what’s up with the bearing mount? Seems good in theory but the bolt comes loose atleast once per ride even with blue threadlocker. Also seems to be play in the mount, have seen a few people running bearing shims stuff in there but that makes me nervous. How tight is too tight to run the bolt? I feel like I shouldn’t have to crank on it super hard but if I torque it to spec it comes loose every ride.

Mine has only come loose a couple of times in 18 months. Just tighten it up not sure what torque, not using any threadlock. No play in mine

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 12:57 Quote
The 2019 super Deluxe is so much better than the lyrik fork that I can't even complain. The fork has little to zero high speed damping, it'll clang clang clang with 90 psi, I weigh 170#.

This is the black lyrik Im talking about, not the red one(haven't ridden the red one, but Im sure its better.)

I swapped fork with my old bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014363
Mobile Version of Website