Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 13:00 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Hmm ok, thanks for the inputs. I would assume that removing volume from the shock to make it more linear would bring it closer to feeling like a coil, by relying on the already very progressive frame. I was running it with 3.5 tokens and the ramp up was super harsh. Haven’t tried zero tokens yet.

Also, what’s up with the bearing mount? Seems good in theory but the bolt comes loose atleast once per ride even with blue threadlocker. Also seems to be play in the mount, have seen a few people running bearing shims stuff in there but that makes me nervous. How tight is too tight to run the bolt? I feel like I shouldn’t have to crank on it super hard but if I torque it to spec it comes loose every ride.

My bike had play in the bearing mount, I was going crazy with threadlocker and was still coming loose.

Ended up adding a single .010" shim, since then no probs. Just measure everything with calipers and it will put your mind at ease.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
The swing link is wider than the width of the two bearings by 0.5mm.

I ditched the Super Deluxe and went to a 216x63 DVO Jade on my 290. Dropped in some low friction Igus bushings with proper width spacers. Far better than the RS bearings and the bolt no longer loosens.

I found similar issues with the RS rebound valving. It seemed to be reasonable to me for full on downhill type riding, but the base tune/rapid rise thar RS uses on the Mega struggled outside of high speed chunder.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
Enskafin wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
iqbal-achieve wrote:

I’ve used them to lengthen the eye to eye and also in weird orientations to provide more clearance for the shock and never had a single problem with them moving. Ymmv

If you shorten you might be okay because of the where the forces hit. But to lengthen, enough force and it will eventually be pushed the opposite way and make it even shorter.
I have öhlins shock fitted to mega 275 with offset bushings, needed to get shock bit backwards from front shockmount and had zero issues with it.

Any more info on this? I have a TTX on my 275 and haven’t noticed any issues(hoping it’s not slamming into the frame somewhere n I’m too ham fisted to pay attention)

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 5:25 Quote
Hi Guys, looking to get a scout 29 frame (2019) as a winter hack, I'm 5'11 so sit right in between a M and L, what are peoples preferences?

Do you tend to size up or down? the 450mm reach on the L is a bit shorter than my L sentinel but with it being a hardtail i'm just stabbing in the dark...

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 6:43 Quote

Found an acceptable amount of grease in all the pivot bearings, ended up packing them full anyhow.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
Anyone know the limit for a 160mm Lyrik when increasing travel? I know I need to buy a new airshaft but I want to know if I can go to 180mm or if 170mm is the limit. Tried to get the info from the local tuner who sells the part but they weren't helpful.

Worried that going to 180 would compromise bushing overlap? Or is the fork designed to go to 180.

Thanks!

(A lot of questions from me lately, just trying to get the new bike dialed in.)

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Anyone know the limit for a 160mm Lyrik when increasing travel? I know I need to buy a new airshaft but I want to know if I can go to 180mm or if 170mm is the limit. Tried to get the info from the local tuner who sells the part but they weren't helpful.

Worried that going to 180 would compromise bushing overlap? Or is the fork designed to go to 180.

Thanks!

(A lot of questions from me lately, just trying to get the new bike dialed in.)

Fork can go to 180mm. Rockshox lists the air shaft part numbers to facilitate this online and in literature. They wouldn't otherwise.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
Got a pulse axle and mech hanger spare

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2650921/

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 0:55 Quote
New Nukeproof 290 is on the CRC site but not for sale for a few months.

No Geo charts yet.

Looks like they've gone short on the shock as Sam Hill was running 230x65 but they're running a shorter 230x62.5 as stock so must be why travel is reduced to 160mm. At least we know it can be changed.

The carbon looks nice but the silver alloy is nicer.

More expensive for frame only this year too.

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
Don't buy into the geo charts anyway. The chart in my owners manual was different than the one on CRC for my 19.

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
skerby wrote:
Don't buy into the geo charts anyway. The chart in my owners manual was different than the one on CRC for my 19.

Yeah, CRC are bad for wrong info
On the same page the travel info on some bikes is different in the description than in the details.
Their ebay page is full of wrongly described info. They were selling 2016 40's as 2018 and the same with some 34's I seen.
Cheated me a couple of times.

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Sram SX and NX...... woof.

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
So the 2019 actually had two volume spacers in the super Deluxe. I removed one of them and it's miles better, idk why such a progressive bike would need so much spacer, but Im guessing this is how much harder pros hit stuff than I do lol.

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
skerby wrote:
So the 2019 actually had two volume spacers in the super Deluxe. I removed one of them and it's miles better, idk why such a progressive bike would need so much spacer, but Im guessing this is how much harder pros hit stuff than I do lol.

It’s just so customer riders have a choice without having to spend our extra tokens/ bands to tune. There isn’t an OEM (factory buying) option to supply them on their own out of the shock, just trying to make peoples
Lives easier.

Most of our athletes don’t run any tokens at all in the rear and we prefer not to run them. Smile

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012166
Mobile Version of Website