Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
Looking to get a full set of replacement bearings for my 2019 Nukeproof Mega 290, where do I source the set? Looks like CRC doesn't offer them anymore.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
rockshins wrote:
Looking to get a full set of replacement bearings for my 2019 Nukeproof Mega 290, where do I source the set? Looks like CRC doesn't offer them anymore.
Ordered 2 sets here:

https://www.kineticbikebearings.com/nukeproof-mega-275-290.html

Quality is very good, compared to the original bearings.
I need to order 1 more, before Brexit.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
Brexit is all good now, isn’t it?

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
[Quote="deadpool2e"]
JoeHigashi80 wrote:
I'm thinking about upgrading my Mega 275 Super Deluxe Shock with a MegNeg aircan. Is it worth the money? What changes are noticeable? Thanks.

Its much better than stock, small bump is increased and ramps up better. best upgrade i have done so far on mine.[/Quote

Wondering the same thing, but will be moving to the alps so doing a lot more lift accessed but will still have some off season pedalling. would I be better, saving the £90 on the megneg can, selling the air shock and buying a coil and dealing with the smallish weight penalty?

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
In my personal experience of shocks, I would go for the coil every time if it was in my budget and compatible with the frame I had. You can’t beat the traction they provide, and if you’re in the alps riding a lot the lack of servicing is going to pay dividends. Who cares about the weight? My SLS 425lg spring was 312g. That’s a can of coke!

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
jaame wrote:
In my personal experience of shocks, I would go for the coil every time if it was in my budget and compatible with the frame I had. You can’t beat the traction they provide, and if you’re in the alps riding a lot the lack of servicing is going to pay dividends. Who cares about the weight? My SLS 425lg spring was 312g. That’s a can of coke!

Thats the answer I was after!
Anybody any experience with the marz bomber or fox van on the mega. Trying to stay budget.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
Reconditioned DHX2 - £350
New Bomber - £329

I know which I would go for because it has a climb switch, and I had one for three years on my Nomad without a service. Then i sold it on the bike. In the same time, my fox 36 had about six lowers services and two full send it back services.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
Cheers for that will look into the reconditioned one

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
bumpythebear wrote:
jaame wrote:
In my personal experience of shocks, I would go for the coil every time if it was in my budget and compatible with the frame I had. You can’t beat the traction they provide, and if you’re in the alps riding a lot the lack of servicing is going to pay dividends. Who cares about the weight? My SLS 425lg spring was 312g. That’s a can of coke!

Thats the answer I was after!
Anybody any experience with the marz bomber or fox van on the mega. Trying to stay budget.

Not on those 2 but I do have time on my 275 with a TTX and it’s night and day better than the monarch it replaced. Do it bro, if a coil is outta budget right now, save for a little longer Wink

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
Just here to throw shade at the X2, and CCDB for that matter. Really not a super robust design in my experience. Got a few rides out of mine before the main seal on the shaft blew and the shock puked its oil everywhere.

Everyone else i know that rides a lot with an X2 gets it rebuilt very often, and those that ride bike parks miss a ton of weekends for unexpected service.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 4:39 Quote
Sorry if all ready been asked Anyone know when the nukeproof 2020 reactor will be available to buy ? I see CRC are showing them but not in stock yet ? Cheers

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 5:49 Quote
SpiderSL wrote:
Sorry if all ready been asked Anyone know when the nukeproof 2020 reactor will be available to buy ? I see CRC are showing them but not in stock yet ? Cheers

Some models are arriving in the next week or two in dealers.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
BRAND NEW TOP SPEC DISSENT FRAME IN LARGE FOR SALE

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2657796/


BRAND NEW TOP SPEC DISSENT FRAME IN LARGE FOR SALE

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2657796/

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 8:25 Quote
On the coil vs. air, the Mega has a regressive-linear-progressive leverage rate curve (2.4-2.6-2.4). It's not really progressive enough for a coil and the initial regressive portion makes it kind of hard to balance small bump and SAG.

With some minor shim stack changes, I've managed to get the Monarch+ to feel just as good as the CCDB coil and better than a Float X2. But I don't get constant pedal strikes and I don't bottom the suspension constantly on the Monarch+ like I do with the coil. I rode a used CCDB for a year without issue, but that was after I sent it in to be rebuilt initially. It was $175 USD to get rebuilt, which sucks when you can rebuild a RS product in your garage for about $30.

If I were to go back to coil, I would get a Bomber/VAN RC and send it in to Avalanche Racing for upgrades. Might consider a progressive spring from MRP too. It will add about 500g over the Monarch+ at that point, which is why I'll be sending in the Monarch+ for Avy upgrades instead and my next bike will have a better leverage rate curve.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 8:33 Quote
MikeG156 wrote:
On the coil vs. air, the Mega has a regressive-linear-progressive leverage rate curve (2.4-2.6-2.4). It's not really progressive enough for a coil and the initial regressive portion makes it kind of hard to balance small bump and SAG.

With some minor shim stack changes, I've managed to get the Monarch+ to feel just as good as the CCDB coil and better than a Float X2. But I don't get constant pedal strikes and I don't bottom the suspension constantly on the Monarch+ like I do with the coil. I rode a used CCDB for a year without issue, but that was after I sent it in to be rebuilt initially. It was $175 USD to get rebuilt, which sucks when you can rebuild a RS product in your garage for about $30.

If I were to go back to coil, I would get a Bomber/VAN RC and send it in to Avalanche Racing for upgrades. Might consider a progressive spring from MRP too. It will add about 500g over the Monarch+ at that point, which is why I'll be sending in the Monarch+ for Avy upgrades instead and my next bike will have a better leverage rate curve.

lol lol lol lol

Managed to get a monarch to feel better than a X2?
I highly doubt this.
For me the X2 is the perfect shock. As subtle as coil but as tunable as air and ultra stiff thanks to the chunky size.
Glad monarchs have died a death. 3 replacements on one bike.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013714
Mobile Version of Website