Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 16:15 Quote
Interesting, but any personal experiences? Anybody have the seat stay bridge touch the seat tube? Weird kinematics/tuning issues? Drastic changes in BB height/feeling?

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 3:48 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
JaanusQll wrote:
Yup. Got a Vivid r2c on my '19 290pro
How’s it working out? Has using an oversized shock made any negative changes? How’s the fitment? Would love to see a photo!

Have had it installed for a few rides now - so far so good! Smile The bike is an absolute beast on downhills with the coil.

I have the stock 160mm Lyrik up front which I'm about to upgrade to 180mm. The bike feels a bit higher and less slack with the 216x63 coil. The added 20mm of travel should get me back a degree of HA and I want to see how it works out. Apparently it should be good Smile I don't mind the added bb height either and haven't noticed any weird behaviour when riding.

I have -2mm offset bushing on both ends of the coil and haven't had any issues with it. The only downside I'm currently battling is the climbing ability of the bike. It simply isn't as good as the super deluxe was because of the lack of a climb switch. Coil wise I'm already at 550lbs even though the calculators put me at 500lbs. Currently trying out 22-25% of sag to see how it feels when climbing.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 6:07 Quote
jaame wrote:
150/55=2.72
2.72x63=171.8

Of course! Thank you!

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
JaanusQll wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:
JaanusQll wrote:
Yup. Got a Vivid r2c on my '19 290pro
How’s it working out? Has using an oversized shock made any negative changes? How’s the fitment? Would love to see a photo!

Have had it installed for a few rides now - so far so good! Smile The bike is an absolute beast on downhills with the coil.

I have the stock 160mm Lyrik up front which I'm about to upgrade to 180mm. The bike feels a bit higher and less slack with the 216x63 coil. The added 20mm of travel should get me back a degree of HA and I want to see how it works out. Apparently it should be good Smile I don't mind the added bb height either and haven't noticed any weird behaviour when riding.

I have -2mm offset bushing on both ends of the coil and haven't had any issues with it. The only downside I'm currently battling is the climbing ability of the bike. It simply isn't as good as the super deluxe was because of the lack of a climb switch. Coil wise I'm already at 550lbs even though the calculators put me at 500lbs. Currently trying out 22-25% of sag to see how it feels when climbing.

Awesome thanks for sharing! I'd imagine with two offset bushings the difference would be negligible. Whats the clearance of the seat stay bridge like? It's quite close with the stock shock but with a longer stroke and bushings is it even closer?

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
My only experience is on a 2017 mega 275, but going from 216x63 to 220.5x70 (222x70 with offset bushing) was a very noticeable difference in handling.

Not in a good way.

Steepened the HA and put too much weight on the front. It wanted to kill me on hard landings. However, I think at least part of that was from the compression damping on the new shock being too high (M/M Kage). Big hits though would throw me forward on the bike and everything got super squirrelly at that point.

I'm back on the 216, but I might try going up to 180mm on the fork and revalving the 222 shock. But honestly, 170/160 travel already makes almost every trail feel pretty calm. Not sure I want it any more calm.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 12:19 Quote
MikeG156 wrote:
My only experience is on a 2017 mega 275, but going from 216x63 to 220.5x70 (222x70 with offset bushing) was a very noticeable difference in handling.

Not in a good way.

Steepened the HA and put too much weight on the front. It wanted to kill me on hard landings. However, I think at least part of that was from the compression damping on the new shock being too high (M/M Kage). Big hits though would throw me forward on the bike and everything got super squirrelly at that point.

I'm back on the 216, but I might try going up to 180mm on the fork and revalving the 222 shock. But honestly, 170/160 travel already makes almost every trail feel pretty calm. Not sure I want it any more calm.
I’ve gone up to a 170mm fork on my 290, so I think adding the 8.5x2.5 would maybe level it out. When I look at my frame with a measuring tape the difference between the stock shock and 8.5” looks like even less that the numbers would suggest. Hoping to find a cheap Vivid to throw on and see what happens

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 13:22 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
Just a quick one, I have a nukeproof mega 2019 rs 27.5.
Does anyone know how many chain links the eagle 12 speed has please managed to snap my chain and lost part of it. Any help would be great Smile

I'm sure you probably got your answer already, but in the slim chance you didn't, there are 58 outer links (116 total)

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
Also don’t forget the increased sag from running more travel will offset some of the difference. If you add 22mm travel total, it will be more like 15mm at sag. That’s about 0.75 degrees steeper on the head angle with the stock fork.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
Here’s some sagged measurements from my experiments with my mega 290. It’s fitted with a 170mm fork for reference

RS super deluxe 210x55
Seat from bbtm of saddle at full compression 30mm
Bb height at full compression 252mm
Bb height at sag 315mm (27% sag)
HA at sag 63.8

216x63 coil shock with 2mm offset bushes fitted at both ends
Seat from bttm of seat at full compression 35mm
Bb height at full compression 250mm
Bb Height at sag 312mm (27%)
HA at sag 64.9

The head angle was too steep for my liking, I considered a works components headset to get it back where I like but in the end I went back to the stock setup. There where no clearance issues anywhere. ( I realise that the seat from tyre measurement depends on where you seat height is set but I just used to for reference that I was still getting good clearance at bottom out)

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
A 216 shock with a 650b rear wheel would work really well in regards head angle but BB height gets quite low

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 2:18 Quote
craigyboy wrote:
Here’s some sagged measurements from my experiments with my mega 290. It’s fitted with a 170mm fork for reference

RS super deluxe 210x55
Seat from bbtm of saddle at full compression 30mm
Bb height at full compression 252mm
Bb height at sag 315mm (27% sag)
HA at sag 63.8

216x63 coil shock with 2mm offset bushes fitted at both ends
Seat from bttm of seat at full compression 35mm
Bb height at full compression 250mm
Bb Height at sag 312mm (27%)
HA at sag 64.9

The head angle was too steep for my liking, I considered a works components headset to get it back where I like but in the end I went back to the stock setup. There where no clearance issues anywhere. ( I realise that the seat from tyre measurement depends on where you seat height is set but I just used to for reference that I was still getting good clearance at bottom out)

Hi! You use offset bushing in this setup ?

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 5:10 Quote
lightning issues

What would you choose?

- RS VIvid r2c Coil
- DVO Jade
- Marzo Bomber CR

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
Horvathkalman wrote:
lightning issues

What would you choose?

- RS VIvid r2c Coil
- DVO Jade
- Marzo Bomber CR

Vivid

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Horvathkalman wrote:
lightning issues

What would you choose?

- RS VIvid r2c Coil
- DVO Jade
- Marzo Bomber CR

Vivid

Bomber

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
iqbal-achieve wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:
Horvathkalman wrote:
lightning issues

What would you choose?

- RS VIvid r2c Coil
- DVO Jade
- Marzo Bomber CR

Vivid

Bomber

vivid

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013322
Mobile Version of Website