Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
Horvathkalman wrote:
craigyboy wrote:
Here’s some sagged measurements from my experiments with my mega 290. It’s fitted with a 170mm fork for reference

RS super deluxe 210x55
Seat from bbtm of saddle at full compression 30mm
Bb height at full compression 252mm
Bb height at sag 315mm (27% sag)
HA at sag 63.8

216x63 coil shock with 2mm offset bushes fitted at both ends
Seat from bttm of seat at full compression 35mm
Bb height at full compression 250mm
Bb Height at sag 312mm (27%)
HA at sag 64.9

The head angle was too steep for my liking, I considered a works components headset to get it back where I like but in the end I went back to the stock setup. There where no clearance issues anywhere. ( I realise that the seat from tyre measurement depends on where you seat height is set but I just used to for reference that I was still getting good clearance at bottom out)

Hi! You use offset bushing in this setup ?

Yes 2mm offset both ends of the 216mm shock

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
Found a 216x16mm Vivid for cheap, in the post and should be here next week. Looking forward to trying it out on the 290.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 22:37 Quote
Check this out for some tips on setting up the Vivid. It helped my a bit. Smile

https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/vivid_pocketguid_en.pdf

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 22:38 Quote
JaanusQll wrote:
Check this out for some tips on setting up the Vivid. It helped my a bit. Smile

https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/vivid_pocketguid_en.pdf

Cheers!

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 4:06 Quote
craigyboy wrote:
Horvathkalman wrote:
craigyboy wrote:
Here’s some sagged measurements from my experiments with my mega 290. It’s fitted with a 170mm fork for reference

RS super deluxe 210x55
Seat from bbtm of saddle at full compression 30mm
Bb height at full compression 252mm
Bb height at sag 315mm (27% sag)
HA at sag 63.8

216x63 coil shock with 2mm offset bushes fitted at both ends
Seat from bttm of seat at full compression 35mm
Bb height at full compression 250mm
Bb Height at sag 312mm (27%)
HA at sag 64.9

The head angle was too steep for my liking, I considered a works components headset to get it back where I like but in the end I went back to the stock setup. There where no clearance issues anywhere. ( I realise that the seat from tyre measurement depends on where you seat height is set but I just used to for reference that I was still getting good clearance at bottom out)

Hi! You use offset bushing in this setup ?

Yes 2mm offset both ends of the 216mm shock

Hi!

I don't fully understand this (sorry I don't want to tease).

If you use 216 eye lenght shock with 2x2 mm offset bushing, the difference only 2 mm.
If you use 3-3 mm offset bushings (I dont now its may) it's not the same as 210x55 shock ? Okey the bottom out will be different.
And more guys write previously in this forum, when they remove the shock for service, the officially 216 eye lenght shock has only 213-214 mm lenght. Only 1-2 mm can so change the geo (BB height, HA).

And I dont know you how messure the HA under SAG. Actually my Mega 290 has 65.2 HA with 180 mm Lyrik and normal 210x55 shock in back. Okey, in under SAG... but when the fork lose from travel, add more angle to HA. When rear shock pressure, loss from HA. Only the linkage designed forks dont "lose" from HA steepness. If the shock and fork balanced, remains relatively constant the HA. Sorry I don't want to tease your numbers, but I too few the 63.8
at SAG.

Sorry for my weak english, cheers.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 4:13 Quote
Whats the maximum tyre width for the rear of a non-boost Mega 275?
Currently running a 2.4" wild enduro on 29mm rims, looking to upgrade wheels and most 35mm rims state 2.6" suggested min tyre width.
Will a 2.6 fit in the back end of the Mega?

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 4:19 Quote
Sully247 wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:
Just a quick one, I have a nukeproof mega 2019 rs 27.5.
Does anyone know how many chain links the eagle 12 speed has please managed to snap my chain and lost part of it. Any help would be great Smile

I'm sure you probably got your answer already, but in the slim chance you didn't, there are 58 outer links (116 total)

Thank you, Thats what i was after Smile

i had to zoom in on some pics i had and count that way.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
DirkPitt74 wrote:
Whats the maximum tyre width for the rear of a non-boost Mega 275?
Currently running a 2.4" wild enduro on 29mm rims, looking to upgrade wheels and most 35mm rims state 2.6" suggested min tyre width.
Will a 2.6 fit in the back end of the Mega?

In 290 Mega I use 2.6 Magic Mary (Schwalbe tires a little bit bigger). I change after 2 months, no space to mushguard, no space for mud, and a little bit scrathes the chainstay inner side the tire.

Mega 290 is boost.

I hope this infos help.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 15:54 Quote
DirkPitt, I have a non-boost 2017 Mega 275. I was running 2.8 Rekons and DHR IIs on 30mm rims. It has about 5mm of clearance around the tire, but it has removed the paint on the inside of the chain stay link from light rubbing but no damage to worry about. That is with the wheel dished to center it in the frame. I'm in the desert so no mud clearance to worry about but it's definitely to tight if I did have to deal with mud.

Off the top of my head, I think the 2.8 DHR measured 68mm at it's widest.

I'm on 2.5WTs now and miss the grip of the 2.8s. the 2.5s are "more precise" though in the corners.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 16:04 Quote
Horvathkalman wrote:
Hi!

I don't fully understand this (sorry I don't want to tease).

If you use 216 eye lenght shock with 2x2 mm offset bushing, the difference only 2 mm.
If you use 3-3 mm offset bushings (I dont now its may) it's not the same as 210x55 shock ? Okey the bottom out will be different.
And more guys write previously in this forum, when they remove the shock for service, the officially 216 eye lenght shock has only 213-214 mm lenght. Only 1-2 mm can so change the geo (BB height, HA).

Sorry for my weak english, cheers.

So I can only speak to the 22x8 hardware on the older Mega, maybe it's different on the 2018+? But offset bushings aren't 2mm offset, they are more like 1.3mm. It's a small difference but a difference. Two of them turns a 216 shock into 213.4x63 shock.

Also, the only shock I've had that didn't measure 216mm E2E was the Cane Creek DB, it came in at 214.5mm. Float X2, Kage, Monarch+, Suntour Triair... All 216mm.

I did try a 222x70 shock with offset bushing making it 4.7mm longer than the stock 216x63 on my bike. Along with 10mm more front travel. It made the back feel very high and the handling was terrible. I do think it was a combination of the extra height, but also too stiff of damping.

If you are going to experiment, just know you might not like the results and you will waste money figuring it out.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
Heres my 290 with the new Vivid. Mounted it without offset bushings, no clearance issues. With a 170 fork the head angle is stock 66, bb height seems to have gone up only a few mm. Have yet to ride it on trail but based on a pedal around it doesn’t feel all that different, but the first ride will tell.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
How do you guys rate the Mavic Deemax Elite wheelset?

They look really cool. My stock Nukeproof Neutron wheels are garbage. Am thinking about getting some Deemax Elites.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
jaame wrote:

They look really cool. My stock Nukeproof Neutron wheels are garbage. Am thinking about getting some Deemax Elites.
These have been the best wheels I've owned to date. Went from Hope Enduro's on my 275 to these on the 290. They are incredibly strong, have hit rim a few times (hard) and still no dents, straight as an arrow.

My only complaint is the ratchet mechanism in the rear hub. Seems a tad weak. I blew all the teeth apart on the mechanism on a normal pedal stroke climbing. Although it was an easy fix/replace if you have a Mavic dealer nearby.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
jaame wrote:

I'm super happy with mine. Had Mavic 827 rims on hopes before, and I actually like these better. The old mavic rims seemed like they were prone to cutting sidewalls, I've also switched from maxxis to michelin so not entirely sure.

Haven't had an issue with the freehub yet, knock on wood I guess.

Active Forum Threads
29 mins ago - Kona Process 153 vs Ibis Ripmo AF: Which is Better For Beginners?
1 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
1 hours ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
2 hours ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
2 hours ago - Greece for enduro riding in winter
3 hours ago - 2020 - SantaCruz Tallboy Carbon vs Canyon Neuron CF 9.0 SL
4 hours ago - Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
4 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
4 hours ago - Trail Conditions for Calgarians
5 hours ago - Post your Propain!
5 hours ago - How should I go about custom painting my fork?
5 hours ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
5 hours ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
5 hours ago - Trailforks.com Bug Reports
5 hours ago - I really want my bike back....
6 hours ago - [STOLEN BIKES] Post Your Stolen Bike Ad Here (U.S.A/Canada/South America Only)
6 hours ago - Official Vernon Riders Thread
7 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
7 hours ago - Better cable routing grommets - 2019 Capra AL
7 hours ago - Banshee Bikes, NS Bikes, YT Industries Bikes and Ragley Bikes need their own manufacturer forum on Pinkbike
7 hours ago - Show your all mountain bike
7 hours ago - Motobecane Hal Boost: Anyone Riding a BD Bike?
7 hours ago - Best Do it all Bike
8 hours ago - Having a hell of a time finding a replacement wheel
8 hours ago - transition pbj

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010582
Mobile Version of Website