Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 18:48 Quote
If he has long legs he can probably do the XL, it's pretty damn big though.

Im like 5'11" and the large doesnt feel small.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 23:54 Quote
Personally I’m bang on 6’0” and the large 2018 is spot on with the 45mm stem. Probably the best fitting bike I’ve ever had.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 0:13 Quote
I'm also 6'0 on a 2018 Large 275 and it feels bang on, I wouldn't want to go any bigger.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
I'm 6'1" (185cm) inseem 88cm on the 275 L with a 50mm stem. It feels perfect for me. More stack would be better could be necessary for me. Solution: I'm using a handlebar with 38mm rise.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
New Reactor 275 2020 - anyone got experience regarding sizing for 5.10" (180cm) height, 32" inseam?
According to their charts its beteen M and L...

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 11:06 Quote
Do you favour speed in a straight line or speed around tight sections? Do you like to hit up jumps?
Smaller is more fun but bigger is faster in general.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 18:31 Quote
Does anyone who owns a 2020 mega 290 have any thoughts on the chain stay length. 450mm seems really long

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
ollie0007 wrote:
Does anyone who owns a 2020 mega 290 have any thoughts on the chain stay length. 450mm seems really long

The 2019 290 same has 450, I think this is normal. I have an XL size, I especially choose the Mega, because for the 515 reach need longer chain stay for balance.

On Sam Hill"s "old" Mega 275 the chainstay / reach "ratio" is perfect, 435 - 435 mm, I think that's why He change calmly the 29 er ( when 450-450 this ratio).

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
ollie0007 wrote:
People seem to fixate on this a lot because of how much marketing there is behind short chainstays. I find this length pretty good, matches well to the 470mm reach on the Large. After coming from the Large 275 I definitely find this bike less playful and harder to square up corners and do manuals, but I knew that before I bought it. They're different bikes, if you want a snappy rear end and a playful bike this may not be it.

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
Perfect assessment. For actual riding the 450mm back end is spot on. It’s fast and stable. I also think the flex in the back end helps it to find grip around flat or adverse cambered turns with mud and roots on.
For manuals it’s not as good as a 430mm back end. The worst part about it in my experience is when you’re trying to get a backside on a jump and you’re going a little too slowly to clear that jump to backside. On a short back end bike and or with 650b, it’s easy to tuck your back wheel up and forward at the last minute to clear that knuckle. Not so on the 450/29er

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2019 at 0:30 Quote
Anyone tried out the DVO jade coil on their 275/290? Found one in the proper metric size for the 290, hoping to hear some reviews/experiences.

Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
Just spent the last few hours reading the past 60 or so pages. Unfortunately I have reached paralysis by analysis. This is aimed towards the US owners. I have had great experiences with my LBS but the Mega has popped up on my radar. I am curious to hear your experiences with direct to buyer purchases have been. I have a 120 travel bike that has me hop, skipping and bouncing all over the place so I'm looking for a much larger travel bike to handle my weight and riding style. I have been very interested in the 2020 Sight, as my current bike is a Norco and they have been great quality and warranty wise. But, judging from what has been written about the Mega makes me very interested. If you guys were to recommend between the two which one would you choose, 290 Expert or 290c Elite? I have been told by multiple people to steer free NX. I have it on my current bike with no problems so far.

Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 10:14 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Anyone tried out the DVO jade coil on their 275/290? Found one in the proper metric size for the 290, hoping to hear some reviews/experiences.

Use a non metric Jade on my Mega 290. Works well and is a major improvement over the RS Super Deluxe air I had. In the RS's defense it wasn't terrible for effectively straight up downhill riding but the rapid rise rebound just didn't get on with anything that was reduced pace.

The thing with the Jade is that it has a really light compression damping tune to it so I'm running it at max pressure in the bladder and the rebound damping is VERY different than the RS. Lots more useable damping range, but definitely required a bit more fiddling to get right for downhill riding and I found that I needed to open up the rebound a fair amount.

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 20:28 Quote
I've just returned from a fantastic few days of riding in the Victorian Alps in Australia - hopefully, the nearby fires won't hit the region too hard.

On the last day, however, my X2 blew up so that's off to the shop today for a warranty fix, but because I have another trip coming up soon I want to be sure that the bike is ready to go. So this morning I impulse purchased a CCDB coil from Jenson to go onto my 2019 Mega 290!

I wanted to see if anyone has any hints/experience with this shock on the same bike, such as sag (I used to have a CCDBA on my Ibis Mojo HD. This shock really came alive when running over 35% sag).

Cheers!

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 4:02 Quote
hi guys, I am looking for a place to buy a mech hanger for my 2012 mega. recently got a new mech to find that the hanger is extremely wonkey.
cheers
jarad

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010853
Mobile Version of Website