Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
Hi could you please send me de .stl file... My email is juacolk@gmail.com

Many Thanks

pacificnorthwet wrote:
3D Printed Bottle Cage Adapters on a Nukeproof Mega 290.
  3D Printed Bottle Cage Adapters on a Nukeproof Mega 290.

3D Printed Bottle Cage Adapters on a Nukeproof Mega 290. Close up.
  3D Printed Bottle Cage Adapters on a Nukeproof Mega 290. Close up.

I made a couple CAD drawings for some 3D printed adapters to mount a bottle cage inside the frame of a Nukeproof Mega 290. This is an XL, but they probably also fit in a Large. I would gladly share the .stl file with someone if they want to print them for themselves. They bolt on to the bottle cage, and then zip tie to the shock mount. No rattles, and no movement. They require longer hardware than what comes with the cage, and washers are needed so that the plastic doesn't crack when torqued.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
Spangoolies wrote:
Had the same happen on my carbon rs. A bit of loctite and so far it’s been fine

You use 242 medium?

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
rockshins wrote:
Spangoolies wrote:
Had the same happen on my carbon rs. A bit of loctite and so far it’s been fine

You use 242 medium?

Yep

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
Spangoolies wrote:
rockshins wrote:
Spangoolies wrote:
Had the same happen on my carbon rs. A bit of loctite and so far it’s been fine

You use 242 medium?

Yep

Thank you! Done

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 4:40 Quote
hi all,

Does anyone have or know where i can get some touch up paint for a Nukeproof Mega (blueberry metallic) 2019 RS edition. The one i have has no colour in it and i have ask all the dealer i can find in the UK including Hotlines and Nukeproof....

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 17:36 Quote
barch1982 wrote:
Just spent the last few hours reading the past 60 or so pages. Unfortunately I have reached paralysis by analysis. This is aimed towards the US owners. I have had great experiences with my LBS but the Mega has popped up on my radar. I am curious to hear your experiences with direct to buyer purchases have been. I have a 120 travel bike that has me hop, skipping and bouncing all over the place so I'm looking for a much larger travel bike to handle my weight and riding style. I have been very interested in the 2020 Sight, as my current bike is a Norco and they have been great quality and warranty wise. But, judging from what has been written about the Mega makes me very interested. If you guys were to recommend between the two which one would you choose, 290 Expert or 290c Elite? I have been told by multiple people to steer free NX. I have it on my current bike with no problems so far.

I am 6'1" 260 lb on a 2019 275 comp mega. I haven't broken anything yet. The dropper cable was kinked when it arrived. I change grips to meaty paws and use saint flat pedals. Other than that it keeps me pointed down, Leatherwood in Arkansas. It's overkill for Kansas city trails.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 11:49 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
hi all,

Does anyone have or know where i can get some touch up paint for a Nukeproof Mega (blueberry metallic) 2019 RS edition. The one i have has no colour in it and i have ask all the dealer i can find in the UK including Hotlines and Nukeproof....

Just take it to somewhere that mixes car touch up paints and get some mixed.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
How do people go about removing the 4 smaller bearings on the chainstay of the mega?

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 22:45 Quote
Juacolk wrote:
Hi could you please send me de .stl file... My email is juacolk@gmail.com

Many Thanks

pacificnorthwet wrote:
3D Printed Bottle Cage Adapters on a Nukeproof Mega 290.
  3D Printed Bottle Cage Adapters on a Nukeproof Mega 290.

3D Printed Bottle Cage Adapters on a Nukeproof Mega 290. Close up.
  3D Printed Bottle Cage Adapters on a Nukeproof Mega 290. Close up.

I made a couple CAD drawings for some 3D printed adapters to mount a bottle cage inside the frame of a Nukeproof Mega 290. This is an XL, but they probably also fit in a Large. I would gladly share the .stl file with someone if they want to print them for themselves. They bolt on to the bottle cage, and then zip tie to the shock mount. No rattles, and no movement. They require longer hardware than what comes with the cage, and washers are needed so that the plastic doesn't crack when torqued.

Were you able to make these?

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 22:59 Quote
ShayHayton wrote:
How do people go about removing the 4 smaller bearings on the chainstay of the mega?

Use a blind bearing puller. I got mine here: bearingprotools.com

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
flatlander99 wrote:
ShayHayton wrote:
How do people go about removing the 4 smaller bearings on the chainstay of the mega?

Use a blind bearing puller. I got mine here: bearingprotools.com

I was able to get them out with a drift. Bearing puller is easier though.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 0:03 Quote
dhrideruk wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:
hi all,

Does anyone have or know where i can get some touch up paint for a Nukeproof Mega (blueberry metallic) 2019 RS edition. The one i have has no colour in it and i have ask all the dealer i can find in the UK including Hotlines and Nukeproof....

Just take it to somewhere that mixes car touch up paints and get some mixed.

easier said than done, cannot find anywhere willing to do it...

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 2:20 Quote
Does anybody have any idea about the effects of reversing the flip chip on the front shock mount of my carbon 275 frame? I can't find any info on it.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 3:59 Quote
That’s because it’s not a flip chip. It’s just shaped like that so it doesn’t turn while you tighten the bolt. Unless your talking about the nukeproof Reactor. That has a flip chip on the back of the rear shock. The mega has none

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 10:00 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
dhrideruk wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:
hi all,

Does anyone have or know where i can get some touch up paint for a Nukeproof Mega (blueberry metallic) 2019 RS edition. The one i have has no colour in it and i have ask all the dealer i can find in the UK including Hotlines and Nukeproof....

Just take it to somewhere that mixes car touch up paints and get some mixed.

easier said than done, cannot find anywhere willing to do it...

The colour codes are all on Nukeproof’s website so shouldn’t be that difficult to sort, even order from somewhere online

http://nukeproof.com/wp-content/themes/nukeproof/pdf/MY20-NP-BikeColourFile-2016-2020.pdf


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008422
Mobile Version of Website