Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 10:09 Quote
Spangoolies wrote:
That’s because it’s not a flip chip. It’s just shaped like that so it doesn’t turn while you tighten the bolt. Unless your talking about the nukeproof Reactor. That has a flip chip on the back of the rear shock. The mega has none

Ah ok makes sense, thanks for info. Just asking as thought it looked similar to my mates gizmo that changes the geo on his bike slightly.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 4:41 Quote
dhrideruk wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:
dhrideruk wrote:

Just take it to somewhere that mixes car touch up paints and get some mixed.

easier said than done, cannot find anywhere willing to do it...

The colour codes are all on Nukeproof’s website so shouldn’t be that difficult to sort, even order from somewhere online

http://nukeproof.com/wp-content/themes/nukeproof/pdf/MY20-NP-BikeColourFile-2016-2020.pdf

unfortunately those codes dont relate to UK colour codes, only Asia one...... (was told this from Nukeproof)

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 6:54 Quote
Hi guys, has anyone measured the insertion depth of the new 2020 Mega 290?, size L and size M. I'm 5'8, currently riding an L size custom build(dogbone, off-set bushings) GT Sanction, trying to figure out if I should risk it on Mega size L or M. With reach enlargement head-set, size M should be enough but it will be a game killer if I cannot use a 160-175 dropper this size; basically, I do not and will not accept a 150mm dropper on my bike. I want/need to ge lower 'in the bike'. So, by any chance, did someone measured the maximum insertion on 2020 model?

Cheers,
E.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
eugenux wrote:
Hi guys, has anyone measured the ibsertion depth of the new 2020 Mega 290?, size L and size M. I'm 5'8, currently riding an L size custom build(dogbone, off-set bushings) GT Sanction, trying to figure out if I should risk it on Mega size L or M. With reach enlargement head-set, size M should be enough but it will be a game killer if I cannot use a 160-175 dropper this size; basically, I do not and will not accept a 150mm dropper on my bike. I want/need to ge lower 'in the bike'. So, by any chance, did someone measured the maximum inserion on 2020 model?

Cheers,
E.

At 5'8" the large seat tube is a bit long to get the full drop of a 170mm out of it for me. It is also a bit long in the reach department. New medium with a 170mm should work tho.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
andymac83 wrote:
eugenux wrote:
Hi guys, has anyone measured the ibsertion depth of the new 2020 Mega 290?, size L and size M. I'm 5'8, currently riding an L size custom build(dogbone, off-set bushings) GT Sanction, trying to figure out if I should risk it on Mega size L or M. With reach enlargement head-set, size M should be enough but it will be a game killer if I cannot use a 160-175 dropper this size; basically, I do not and will not accept a 150mm dropper on my bike. I want/need to ge lower 'in the bike'. So, by any chance, did someone measured the maximum inserion on 2020 model?

Cheers,
E.
At 5'8" the large seat tube is a bit long to get the full drop of a 170mm out of it for me. It is also a bit long in the reach department. New medium with a 170mm should work tho.

I am pretty(almost) convinced about the size M Mega but, what I want is to have a long dropper-post on it; that is why I have asked about the insertion depth. On the M size, the seat tube seems pretty short and then it bends. On my Sanction(ST 485mm) I have a slamed 125mm dropper. M size Mega has a 420mm ST. That means 65mm(190 mm in total) of extra dropper length if I can slam it. But all depends on the insert depth, even with a dropper with short-ish length and short stack height as the OneUp is.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 7:47 Quote
Has anyone in here took their Mega back to raw alu? My 2016 is a little beat up in current form and considering repaint or just raw

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
Here is my Mega 290, fitted with a Super deluxe coil Shock, a 1.5 degree Works Components angle set and a 170mm Fork.
I managed to squeeze in a 600ml fidlock bottle with a slightly modified bottle cage. Haven’t tested the setup yet, but the mount seems to be really solid.
And the frame is custom painted since I never liked the olive/brown colour...

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 15:45 Quote
Captain-C wrote:
Here is my Mega 290, fitted with a Super deluxe coil Shock, a 1.5 degree Works Components angle set and a 170mm Fork.
That looks awesome. Love the colour.

How are you finding the 170mm fork? I'm debating changing the shaft in mine to 170 however there is a fair bit of climbing on my local trails and my 125kg self needs all the help i can get!

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 2:32 Quote
Mfro wrote:
That looks awesome. Love the colour.

How are you finding the 170mm fork? I'm debating changing the shaft in mine to 170 however there is a fair bit of climbing on my local trails and my 125kg self needs all the help i can get!

While climbing I felt less of a difference than I expected. However the Mega is no XC bike anyway....
You will probably notice the higher front end, but I wouldn’t say that it affects climbing all that much.

To be honest the 170mm fork is a bit overkill for my local trails, but I’ve done some more technical descents in the alps and really liked it!

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 6:41 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Has anyone in here took their Mega back to raw alu? My 2016 is a little beat up in current form and considering repaint or just raw

I did. You have some questions ?

Nukeproof Mega 275

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 7:48 Quote
ypsylon213 wrote:
marko369 wrote:

Nukeproof Mega 275

How long did it take you to get it back to raw?

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
ypsylon213 wrote:
marko369 wrote:

Nukeproof Mega 275

Awesome!!!

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 14:46 Quote
ypsylon213 wrote:
marko369 wrote:

Nukeproof Mega 275

Saaweeet!!! I bought materials to do the same, but life keeps getting in the way.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
Inclag wrote:
ypsylon213 wrote:
marko369 wrote:

Nukeproof Mega 275

Saaweeet!!! I bought materials to do the same, but life keeps getting in the way.
did the same but ended up having a local guy sand blast it for me for 100$, basically the same amount I would have spend it supplies to do it myself!

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 5:59 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Inclag wrote:
ypsylon213 wrote:

Nukeproof Mega 275

did the same but ended up having a local guy sand blast it for me for 100$, basically the same amount I would have spend it supplies to do it myself!

Same here. I have a friend that sand blasted it for me, then I also applied a 2 layers of clear coat to keep it look fresh.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011456
Mobile Version of Website