Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: May 14, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
I'm leanin pretty hard towards sending the air, I'll keep you posted on whatever happens with ride report.

Thanks Marko369 for the info, I know coil would be the best performance wise. But Im curious how the air shock will turn out as I prefer air on a lot of other frames.

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
marko369 wrote:
I’ve got a Ohlins TTX coil on mine, custom tune by J-Tech and it’s the best upgrade I’ve ever done......I came off a Monarch air tho and that was pants!!

Same here, with Öhlins factory custom tune. best upgrade!

O+
Posted: May 15, 2020 at 15:55 Quote
Hi folks,

Owners of Reactor 29er 2020 - what frame size would you recommend for me being 178cm (5'10'') with 32.5' inseam?
Surprisingly, there is no sizing guide on Nukeproof website, but CRC say Large starts at 180cm (5'11''). Comparing to my current bike, Medium Reactor is very likely to be too tight in the cockpit for me but the Large has a huge wheelbase which I'm a bit scared of.

I will be changing from an 11y.o. 26er, so just weary of a bit too much of a step. I still want to be able to maneuvre the new bike through tight switchbacks...

In a nutshell, how tall are you and what frame size do you actually ride? How does it feel for you?

Cheers)

O+
Posted: May 16, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
alex-a wrote:
Hi folks,

Owners of Reactor 29er 2020 - what frame size would you recommend for me being 178cm (5'10'') with 32.5' inseam?
Surprisingly, there is no sizing guide on Nukeproof website, but CRC say Large starts at 180cm (5'11''). Comparing to my current bike, Medium Reactor is very likely to be too tight in the cockpit for me but the Large has a huge wheelbase which I'm a bit scared of.

I will be changing from an 11y.o. 26er, so just weary of a bit too much of a step. I still want to be able to maneuvre the new bike through tight switchbacks...

In a nutshell, how tall are you and what frame size do you actually ride? How does it feel for you?

Cheers)

Unlike the Mega, the Reactor's reach is a little longer so a medium reactor is a bit of a medium-large. I spoke to my dealer on sizing 'cause I was going to go for a large as well, he said the large would be a little too big. Unfortunately, there's nobody in my area that carries Nukeproof to demo. I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam and installed 170mm cranks. The reach on my medium Reactor (only built it yesterday) seems bang on. Just about to go on a maiden ride on the nearby trails. I'll let ya know how it feels size wise.

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
Just pulled the DPX2 off my Mega 290c Elite for the purpose of air can service and realized there's a bearing assembly on the rear side instead of bushings, and that the assembly needs to be removed to service the air can.

Has anyone successfully removed the hardware assembly (looks like it's all press-fit together) without purchasing the $100+ special tool from Fox for doing so? I don't want to break anything and would spend the money to do it right, but if there's a simpler/cheaper way I'm all ears! I don't want to remove the bearings as they're fine - I just want to take the eyelet hardware off so I can take the air can off.

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 23:38 Quote
alex-a wrote:
Hi folks,

Cheers)
With height around 180 we are usually between sizes at most vendors - i start to look at this as advantage, you have a choice with sizing Smile
Reactor L would be my suggestion - i'm simmilar sizing and with M i would put 50mm stem and seat would be all the way back on the rails. With L - you put on 35mm stem, put seat in central or forward position and its spot on.
Or the other way - if you pop on every rock and root and you do some tricks on jumps - go with M (27.5 even better), if not - L will be more comfortable fit, especially for longer rides. Wheelbase is nothing special for tight switchbacks, didn't have any problems with that...

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 2:08 Quote
Sanded my Mega down recently ready for some new paint, figured I liked the Faux Patina look so clear coated it;

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Threw some new NP rubber protectors, fork seals and a One Up 180 dropper at her too for good measure. Now just need to sort the bottle cage mount thanks to pacificnorthwet Beer

Sorry for all the pics, can remove if its too many???

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 3:57 Quote
Thats so sick, love the sanded frame.
Goes so well with the clean build too.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 5:26 Quote
Hi folks,

Could anyone tell me roughly what the absolute minimum fork steerer tube length would work on the 2019/2020 Mega 275's please? I bought a set of red Lyrik's for the medium Mega I'm hoping to buy, but I'm worried the steerer tube may now be too short, going off the frame specs I was sent, despite being told the forks came off a Mega.

Any info would be great! Cheers!

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
I finally went backwards and took my 2016 Patrol out for a rip the other day. Wasn't half the bike that I remembered, and I missed my Mega right away lol. Brought the mega out later in the day and it blew me away how good this bike is.

Newfound respect for the mega, sometimes it's good to take a step back for some perspective. The mega struggles a little with midstroke, but overall it is not a half bad rear suspension.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 9:34 Quote
mustang-sally wrote:
Hi folks,

Could anyone tell me roughly what the absolute minimum fork steerer tube length would work on the 2019/2020 Mega 275's please? I bought a set of red Lyrik's for the medium Mega I'm hoping to buy, but I'm worried the steerer tube may now be too short, going off the frame specs I was sent, despite being told the forks came off a Mega.

Any info would be great! Cheers!

The tube on the red Lyric off my 2019 Mega is cut to 172mm. This leaves right around 66mm of exposed tube above the headtube to play with. This allows for the Nukeproof top headset cup (6mm) + a 20mm spacer underneath the stem + the Nukeprrof Horizon stem (35mm) + a 5mm spacer on top. So assuming your stem height is also 35mm the shortest the tube could be for a slammed stem and no spacers would be around 147mm.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2020 at 10:12 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Sanded my Mega down recently ready for some new paint, figured I liked the Faux Patina look so clear coated it;

photo

Threw some new NP rubber protectors, fork seals and a One Up 180 dropper at her too for good measure. Now just need to sort the bottle cage mount thanks to pacificnorthwet Beer

Damn!! That's one awesome look! Nicely done.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
p3dirtjumpernz wrote:
Thats so sick, love the sanded frame.
Goes so well with the clean build too.

Cheers bro, I’m happy with how it’s turned out

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
Trinimon wrote:
marko369 wrote:

photo

Damn!! That's one awesome look! Nicely done.

Cheers bro Smile

O+
Posted: May 18, 2020 at 16:09 Quote
marko369 wrote:

photo

Looks fantastic!

But when it gets a scratch or rub mark, will you be upset!? Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023479
Mobile Version of Website