Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 1:39 Quote
Mfro wrote:
marko369 wrote:
Sanded my Mega down recently ready for some new paint, figured I liked the Faux Patina look so clear coated it;

photo

Threw some new NP rubber protectors, fork seals and a One Up 180 dropper at her too for good measure. Now just need to sort the bottle cage mount thanks to pacificnorthwet Beer

Sorry for all the pics, can remove if its too many???

Looks fantastic!

But when it gets a scratch or rub mark, will you be upset!? Wink

They're not scratches or rub marks, they're war stories lol

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
hello mates
wondering what will be the significant geometry changes if i go for a
mullet on my 19 mega 27.5 bike Large.and without component changes.
been trying to find a website that calculates this but some give
me results which are different than the geo specs on my bike
ie bikegeo.muha.cc

tks

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
alexcucalon wrote:
hello mates
wondering what will be the significant geometry changes if i go for a
mullet on my 19 mega 27.5 bike Large.and without component changes.
been trying to find a website that calculates this but some give
me results which are different than the geo specs on my bike
ie bikegeo.muha.cc

tks

I would only do it if you primarily shuttle or live next to a chairlift bike park. I have same bike and I feel like seatpost is borderline too slack, 29" wheel and fork will raise front by almost 2" so you would need to run like a 130 fork to compensate.

I always thought 26/27.5" would be the way to go for 275 mullet, way cheaper too.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 15:51 Quote
Hi guys, 1st time posting. Sure ive read somewhere before i can fit a coil from a transition patrol backwards onto a 2019 nukeproof mega. Am i correct? And if so any photos. Been offered a good deal thats all.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 4:02 Quote
Sully247 wrote:
mustang-sally wrote:
Hi folks,

Could anyone tell me roughly what the absolute minimum fork steerer tube length would work on the 2019/2020 Mega 275's please? I bought a set of red Lyrik's for the medium Mega I'm hoping to buy, but I'm worried the steerer tube may now be too short, going off the frame specs I was sent, despite being told the forks came off a Mega.

Any info would be great! Cheers!

The tube on the red Lyric off my 2019 Mega is cut to 172mm. This leaves right around 66mm of exposed tube above the headtube to play with. This allows for the Nukeproof top headset cup (6mm) + a 20mm spacer underneath the stem + the Nukeprrof Horizon stem (35mm) + a 5mm spacer on top. So assuming your stem height is also 35mm the shortest the tube could be for a slammed stem and no spacers would be around 147mm.

Ahh perfect, that’s a relief! I’m fine then. Cheers dude!!

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 4:03 Quote
Morning all, Out of interest, is anyone running Red Lyrik’s on their aluminium 2020 Mega Comps or the aluminium frames? The 2020 Metallic gunmetal grey frames that is? Keen to see some pics for reference for potential upcoming project.

Currently have a choice of a 2019 carbon Mega Pro or going down the frameset custom build option.

Thanks!

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 7:46 Quote
Klein91 wrote:
Hi guys, 1st time posting. Sure ive read somewhere before i can fit a coil from a transition patrol backwards onto a 2019 nukeproof mega. Am i correct? And if so any photos. Been offered a good deal thats all.

I am not shure what you mean by fitting it backwards, but I’ve put a coil from a ghost sl amr on my mega 290 size L. The bearing is on the end with the piggyback. It fits perfectly with a few mm space between shock and linkage.

BTW doesn’t the Patrol have a trunnions Mount shock? This wouldn’t fit the mega...
photo

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
The older patrols came with a 8.5x2.5" shock. I think this can fit the Mega 290(might need offset bush) and I believe the pre metric shock mega 275. Will not fit metric 275 though as that shock is essentially 9" x 2.5"

O+
Posted: May 23, 2020 at 8:29 Quote
Hi there, iv been trying to find a suspension graph for my 2018 mega with no success, anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 0:17 Quote
covebomber wrote:
Just finished building this little beauty up.
2011 Nukeproof Snap

cool build, i have the same bike but i am looking for horizontal dropouts. are you running horizontal or vertical, if you are running horizontal can you send me a a link/name of the product?

thanks
best regards

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:54 Quote
Captain-C wrote:
Klein91 wrote:

I am not shure what you mean by fitting it backwards, but I’ve put a coil from a ghost sl amr on my mega 290 size L. The bearing is on the end with the piggyback. It fits perfectly with a few mm space between shock and linkage.

BTW doesn’t the Patrol have a trunnions Mount shock? This wouldn’t fit the mega...
photo

Backwards or inverted wasnt sure which to put but basically the way you have also orientated your shock. The 2017+ patrols with coil is bearing mount and 230x65 so in theory should work.

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 7:35 Quote
My Super Deluxe coil came off a patrol, it's fine.

Are there any MegNeg advocates in this thread? I didn't like the air Super Deluxe on my Mega, was wondering if the MegNeg would make it better as I wouldn't mind loosing a bit of weight off the bike.

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
Hey folks, long time lurker, not many poster!

Have had my 2016 Mega 290 since the current shapes where released. Its a total mule, it gets abused, not much love and ridden hard. The only bits still original are the seat stays, seat clamp and front triangle, but that is soon to be replaced as a small crack is beginning to appear! Basically its new bike time, but with the current world situation affecting work, its gona have to continue to live on a wee bit longer!

Anyhoo, i have just sent a carbon wheel away for replacement, and with no rear spare i was going to be without a bike.

But Lockdown gives you time to think, and makes you do silly things. A friend donated me a broke 275 mega with a cracked front triangle, and another friend has lent me a rear wheel, to make a mullet!! With no racing or events in the near future i though why not, lets experiment.

The rear stays on the 275 are 20mm shorter than the 290s, so i think this has helped keep the bb up as opposed to just putting a 27.5 wheel in the 290 stays. Also stuck the old air shock back on just to run less sag than my coil shock would. I sort of like how the rear colour matches the forks, even if nothing else does! lol

So far only rode it in the street, but seated position seems unchanged, and it manuals a dream! Going to give it a proper off road test later once iv swapped a different wheel on the front as need to service the one thats currently pictured. Its not winning any beauty contests, but if its still rolling its doing what it needs to!

will update on feels later!

peace!Beer

photo

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
Nukeproof Mega 2021

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
dingus wrote:
Nukeproof Mega 2021

U never know! Could actually see sam hill on a mullet!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016943
Mobile Version of Website