Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
guyssss someone of you have a ohlins ttx22m on a mega 290? for 80 kgs dressed which spring do you recomand? thxxxxx

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 3:58 Quote
The new megas are on the nukeproof website now. Do not appear to be on sale yet.

https://nukeproof.com/products/2021-mega-290-carbon

Does anyone actually like the new light green colour?

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
grizor wrote:
The new megas are on the nukeproof website now. Do not appear to be on sale yet.

Actually quite like it. Reminds me of fairclough’s Land Rover heritage paint job on his Scott DH bike.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
grizor wrote:

The new Mega is so much cleaner aesthetically. Nukeproof is finally competing with the big boys in terms of looks (they always did as far as performance). The clear frame protection tape is awesome on this bike.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 2:44 Quote
Does anyone know if there are any major differences in ride quality or is it mainly looks that have changed ?

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:39 Quote
Silverfern wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any major differences in ride quality or is it mainly looks that have changed ?

I would guess that your question will take some time to be answered as the new one isn’t yet available to the public so only the pro’s and a few test companies will know the answer for now.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 6:57 Quote
Silverfern wrote:
There are a few early reviews on Enduro Mag, Vital and here worth checking out. All point out positive improvements.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 18:36 Quote
Hoping to get some real geo numbers when somebody has their hands on a Large 290. My nukeproofs in the past have always been different from the geo charts by quite a few mm here or there.

Currently riding a size Medium Pole Machine but looking to go back to a Large 290 when they come out. The reach on a Medium Machine is 480 and the Large 290 is 475...I'm hoping they will feel similar in fit with only 5mm difference in reach and the HA on the new Mega being 64, the Pole is 63.8. The main number I'm worried about is the front center, on the pole its 850mm ish and the new Mega is only 812mm, but I figured they'd be closer being similar in reach and headangle.

If somebody gets the new 290 in a Large soon I'd love to see how actual measurements compare to the geo chart..

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 18:37 Quote
The linkage curve looks like it might work out a bit better. They just about eliminated the regressive part of the curve before the SAG point.

They made it less progressive overall though.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
Rocco2787 wrote:
Hey everyone, I’ve had my Mega 290 2020 a few months now and I was thinking about trying it as a mullet, however, I’m unsure as to whether I’d need to change the rear triangle to a 275 one? Has anyone done this? If so, was it just a wheel change? Or the rear triangle as well?

I did, check page 608. Happy to answer any questions if u want.

https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=132033&pagenum=608

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 18:30 Quote
Rocco2787 wrote:
Hey everyone, I’ve had my Mega 290 2020 a few months now and I was thinking about trying it as a mullet, however, I’m unsure as to whether I’d need to change the rear triangle to a 275 one? Has anyone done this? If so, was it just a wheel change? Or the rear triangle as well?

Im running a mullet setup, didnt change the rear triangle but im running a 216x63 rear shock and 180mm forks. BB height is slightly higher than stock

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 23:46 Quote
jannoski wrote:
guyssss someone of you have a ohlins ttx22m on a mega 290? for 80 kgs dressed which spring do you recomand? thxxxxx

Hi
enter your weight to öhlins spring calculator and pick one or two heavier spring that suggested, works for me.
Im 72kg and it gives 343lbs but its way too soft

Heres my spring options. My shock is custom tuned(one step lighter than stock after market shock)

365lbs is good but bottoms out bit too easy, sag is spot on 30% with this.

Mrp progressive 350-400 lbs is great but needs bit of preload to get correct sag and lsc and hsc.
Very good choice, not much expensive than öhlins enduro spring.

Tested 388lbs öhlins yesterday and it gives around 28% sag and feels prety supportive and smooth without preload and lsc 0 hsc 1
If i have to pick only one spring, it would be Mpr progressive spring.

Matias

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 14:59 Quote
Does anyone know when Alloy 290 framesets will be available? CRC seems to have sold out or never had stock, same for other dealers. Trying hard to get my hands on a large 290 Alloy frame but its seemingly impossible in Canada..

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Does anyone know when Alloy 290 framesets will be available? CRC seems to have sold out or never had stock, same for other dealers. Trying hard to get my hands on a large 290 Alloy frame but its seemingly impossible in Canada..

Hit up CanadaCycles. They're the Canadian dealer for Nukeproof. Good guys to deal with.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 13:40 Quote
I did...unfortunately they’ve stopped working with Nukeproof. Shame, I bought my 2019 off them. They were awesome

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007129
Mobile Version of Website