Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 8:31 Quote
lbizzle123 wrote:
unrooted wrote:
Anyone with a V4 alloy Mega want to comment about cable routing with a bottle cage? It looks like it might be an issue.

Mine pushes the cables out towards the cranks. Did think it would be an issue but I’ve not noticed it whilst riding. I’m going to change to longer hoses and cables at some point so they sit lower. I’m using a leyzene side load cage others might be better.

That’s the same cage I’m going to use. To me it looks like a poor design choice...but I don’t have my frame yet, so it’s purely conjecture.

I am 99% sure that I will need to get a longer chain for my bike, I bought a full XT build kit from eBay, the hoses and chain were sized for an unknown bike. Did you build your bike up, or get it as a complete? Any idea on how many links on the chain? I’m running the 10-51 12 speed cassette.

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 8:00 Quote
Someone have a crash frame mega 297 XL? Please!!!!!!!

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
Anyone out there with a 2016/2017 Mega 275 frame for sale? Large? Used to own one and would love to build up another one. Pic of my old frame for attention. Harder to track down one of these than I thought..

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
I’ll mostly be riding lifts this summer, should I up my Lyrik to 180 on my 2021 Mega 290? I’m also running cushcore, is it an exaggeration that they make your bike feel like it has more travel?

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
unrooted wrote:
I’ll mostly be riding lifts this summer, should I up my Lyrik to 180 on my 2021 Mega 290? I’m also running cushcore, is it an exaggeration that they make your bike feel like it has more travel?
On my scout 275 my bike feels so much more compliant with cushcore pro.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
Is anyone else waiting for an April drop of the mega 290 in Canada? Ordered mid February.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 1:52 Quote
anyone running a 190mm zeb on the front of their mega?

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
Olistev wrote:

why you would bother unbalancing the bike and rising the BB that high?, if you wanted a DH bike, why did you get a 160mm travel bike?

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
eugenux wrote:
Olistev wrote:

why you would bother unbalancing the bike and rising the BB that high?, if you wanted a DH bike, why did you get a 160mm travel bike?

most of my riding ( glentress, Innerleithen, etc) is perfectly suited to the 160/170mm travel bike, but from my occasional trips to ride the fort william world cup track a wee bit more travel would be appreciated, and a new airspring that i change over periodically costs far less than purchasing a second bike.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
eugenux wrote:
Olistev wrote:

I’m thinking about upping my Lyrik to 180 since I’ll mostly be riding the lift this summer. I wish I could afford a DH bike and an all mountain...but if I can only have one then hopefully the mega will allow me to ride well on dh trails and in pedally rides.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
Question for '21 mega owner. Could you measure the rough dimensions of the Nukeproof logo on the down tube? Just bought one and it won't be here for a while. Trying to make up some custom stickers.

Thanks for any help.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 16:22 Quote
krusty197 wrote:
Question for '21 mega owner. Could you measure the rough dimensions of the Nukeproof logo on the down tube? Just bought one and it won't be here for a while. Trying to make up some custom stickers.

Thanks for any help.

16 7/8” x 1”

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 4:01 Quote
special04 wrote:
Is anyone else waiting for an April drop of the mega 290 in Canada? Ordered mid February.

I'm waiting on a 275 Elite - in the UK

Some alloy models trickled out last week and Chain Reaction said they're expecting more in May, but no restocking dates for the Elite model just yet.

Would be great if NukeProof would be a little more forthcoming, with which model builds are coming and when - there's essentially 10 different builds for the Mega (2 alloy, 3 carbon and all with 275 and 290 builds).

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
Anyone else been waiting for 2 months for a warranty reactor frame from Hotlines in the UK ? some kind of actual message from them would also be helpful !

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008557
Mobile Version of Website