Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
I am trying to decide between the alloy mega with gx eagle and the carbon base giga, which one should I get?

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
umairica wrote:
I am trying to decide between the alloy mega with gx eagle and the carbon base giga, which one should I get?

Alloy Mega

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 17:23 Quote
Hey guys check out my new youtube video going over my Nukeproof Reactor, it is my first proper youtube video, and its unscripted, but ill take all the constructive criticism I can get. I know that I needed more B roll, I just completely ran out of footage. But check it out and lmk what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qDns8LSgIs&t=10s&ab_channel=UmairMahmood

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
umairica wrote:

This probably won't help, but it's a new video about the two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmho_bTUhTs

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
umairica wrote:

I'm no racer and I also ride slow and with crappy technique. I have a giga on order. More or less, I think it was an impuls buy, not being really rational.
I do, really do hope it will not be as jumpy/springy as it looks in all the videos...while the Mega keep looking unflustered by any type of terrain. In theory, it should be the other way around.

Considering the price for the Giga, now, a couple of months later, I would not make the same choice again. In fact, I'm contemplating canceling my order; the problem is.. there are no other bikes to get these days. If this would be April 2019...I'd cancel my order and get my money back in an instant. Now, most of all decent bikes have a delivery term of 2022.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
eugenux wrote:
umairica wrote:

I'm no racer and I also ride slow and with crappy technique. I have a giga on order. More or less, I think it was an impuls buy, not being really rational.
I do, really do hope it will not be as jumpy/springy as it looks in all the videos...while the Mega keep looking unflustered by any type of terrain. In theory, it should be the other way around.

Considering the price for the Giga, now, a couple of months later, I would not make the same choice again. In fact, I'm contemplating canceling my order; the problem is.. there are no other bikes to get these days. If this would be April 2019...I'd cancel my order and get my money back in an instant. Now, most of all decent bikes have a delivery term of 2022.

I have a mega, and if they had the gigs in alloy I would’ve gotten that....

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
Considering sizing down to a Medium on my 21' Mega. Putting the feelers out to see if anyone is interested in a frame swap or buying my Large?

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 15:46 Quote
curious of your height etc ?

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 16:10 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
curious of your height etc ?
179cm with my riding shoes on lol

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 18:26 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Considering sizing down to a Medium on my 21' Mega. Putting the feelers out to see if anyone is interested in a frame swap or buying my Large?

What spec and how much are you looking for?

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 19:55 Quote
XXL 2021 Nukeproof alloy 290

Just finished.

Xxl 2021 Mega 290 Alloy
Hunt enduro wide w/Cushcore f/r
DHF/DHR DH casing
Full XT drivetrain and 4 pot brakes
203 rotors f/r
Deity Deft pedals
Chromag 35 carbon bar, 38mm rise
Chromag 35mm length stem
BrandX 200mm seat post w/oneUp lever
Chromag Trailmaster DT Saddle &Chromag Squarewave XL grips

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 23:13 Quote
What pressures do you all who run cushcore go with? Always felt the gyroscopic effect of not being able to lean the bike over being more of a drawback than the added cushion, stability ect of having cc front and rear

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 2:46 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
What pressures do you all who run cushcore go with? Always felt the gyroscopic effect of not being able to lean the bike over being more of a drawback than the added cushion, stability ect of having cc front and rear
23-24psi rear with cushcore xc

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 5:01 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:

Without cushcore I was running 24/28 f/r. I’m a newbie to cushcore, and since I’m using DH tires I’ll try 20/24. I’m planning to spend most of my summer riding lifts at Mammoth (I live close). I have yet to go for a ride on my bike though.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009001
Mobile Version of Website